Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76916 times)

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:29 am »

My adamantine thong made recently tops my list. Some noble will probably wear it and make it even more useless. The damn thing was made out of like 3 adamantine wafers and some raw adamantine too. -.-

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2011, 10:34:27 am »

Bonecarver took two (argh!) pieces of adamantine and some gems along with miscellaneous junk like logs and pigtail cloth, and made a base value no decoration forgotten beast bone trumpet. I should've paid attention and forbid the good stuff when he got the mood, but I was dealing with something else at the time. I am actually kind of amused because the beast was a crap one anyway (ankylosaur with external ribs and a sting, died in one hit) and now its legacy is to become a crap artifact. Along with a couple hundred stacks of forgotten beast meat roast, which is a little bit more useful...

As a contrast, on the same day I got the trumpet, my brother got an artifact adamantine mail shirt decorated with star ruby which tripled his fort value. >:(
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2011, 11:54:09 am »

Damn nice mail shirt, though. ;D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2011, 12:05:45 pm »

Got a table. Forget the dwarfish name. But the translated name was "The Distracting Creature"

A goblin bone table.

the name just seemed so... appropriate somehow.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:21 pm »

I've mentioned it before several times, but the worst artifact ever seen in any of my forts was Whispertwinkles, an electrum harp.  On top of the daintiest combination of name and end product ever, my Dwarves were obsessed with it and would engrave pictures and put images of it on everything.  It was so un-Dwarven that it made me cringe.  And with no magma, I couldn't "deal with" the problem, either.  (This was back in 40d, obviously.)
Sanity is for the weak.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2011, 12:21:32 pm »

Silk socks

O_- , why the heck would they craft such things?
Desu

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:19 pm »

I just got an adamantine mechanism, with jewels and studded with bauxite. I used it as a normal mechanism in my Courtyard Of Doom, and the dwarves keep coming to stare at it.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2011, 08:44:36 pm »

Make a well. Automatically legendary meeting hall.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2011, 04:09:01 am »

Got a table. Forget the dwarfish name. But the translated name was "The Distracting Creature"

A goblin bone table.

the name just seemed so... appropriate somehow.

And you know that all the dwarf actually did was put some pins in the goblin skeleton so it stands on all fours without collapsing.

Davie

• Bay Watcher
  • The King of Explodia
    • View Profile
    • I draw stuff here.
« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2011, 04:18:40 am »

NOLILID, "Tongueruler", the Chestnut Bow!
All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of chestnut.  On the item is an image of mountains in chestnut.
It's just a bit underwhelming. 
But at least it's sort of useful.  Unlike...

SHADMALAKGOS MARAMSHED, "Confuseclinched the Pristine Order", the Highwood Earring!
All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with highwood.  The object menaces with spikes of birch.
Awful fancy name for what amounts to a wooden ball bearing that hurts when you pick it up.
Goddamn wizards.

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2011, 04:28:18 am »

My worst artifact was an iron warhammer, it should of been kickass, in practice everyone who ever wielded it got killed without inflicting any harm to enemies....  I personally blame it for the death of 5 champions, the loss of 3 squads of leveled up military dwarfs and the eventual collapse of the fort....

It really did seem cursed, it went through the hands of dwarfs that had dozens of kills, good equipment and seemed incredibly kickass, wielding this hammer saw them all fall one after the other.... Contributed even more to my fall as i often led mass rabble militia charges to dislodge goblins and reclaim my artifact warhammer, in the hopes that in the hands of another champion it would know glory... i was paranoid a theif would steal it as it was theoretically the only useful artifact weapon id ever got... in practice i had an artifact bone warhamemr that did better.

nephelos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2011, 05:45:06 am »

Perhaps my worst artifact ever was a lignite millstone, encircled with bands of lignite :) with images of murderous undead deers while they slaying my dwarves.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:58:07 pm by nephelos »
"Sir, we’re surrounded!"
"Excellent, now we can attack in any direction!"

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:11 pm »

Not exactly the worst thing I've seen so far.
Seems pretty elven.

Would an artifact crutch give the injured dwarf using it happy thoughts?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2011, 03:49:01 am »

Current fort:
adamantine shield and crossbow...

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2011, 03:54:16 am »

Not exactly the worst thing I've seen so far.
Seems pretty elven.

Would an artifact crutch give the injured dwarf using it happy thoughts?
It might. If crutches weren't currently bugged in such a manner that they are entirely useless.
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32