Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76938 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2010, 11:56:12 pm »

Bone in the current version apparently disintegrates everything that touches it.

Thus the Platnium, Diamonds, Star Rubies, Star Sapphires, Galena, and Adamantine your Legendary Weaponcrafter used for that Battle Axe?

It all went into the void, never to be seen again.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 22, 2010, 08:12:46 am »

A rope reed fiber robe, decorated with giant cave spider silk, encircled with bands of dark strangler bone

Made under posession by a legendary sword/armor/shield user whos been unconcious in my hospital for 5 years (missing both his legs)

He just suddenly woke up and crawled off to claim the shop, now he's back in his vegetative state
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2010, 07:39:50 pm »

Useless artifacts in my current fort:

ushrir Idolcloister, a green glass trumpet
Weight: 10
Value: 30000
This is a green glass trumpet. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with obsidian, decorated with green glass and saguaro rib wood and encircled with bands of obsidian. This object is adorned with hanging rings of obsidian and giant cave spider silk and menaces with spikes of copper. On the item is an image of shining suns in elephant leather.

Nettleumbras, a giant cave spider silk right mitten
Weight: <1
Value: 32960
This is a giant cave spider silk right mitten. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with copper and decorated with elephant bone. It is made from giant cave spider silk cloth. This object is adorned with hanging rings of obsidian and menaces with spikes of cave spider silk, green glass, fungiwood and obsidian. On the item is an image of two diamonds in giant cave spider silk. On the item is an image of Fleshrites the red pyrope chain in obsidian.

Groovefathers the Cradled Sect-Scratches, a cedar blowgun
Weight: <1
Value: 6000
This is a cedar blowgun. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cedar and two-humped camel leather. This object menaces with spikes of cacao wood. On the item is an image of a forgotten beast in rubber wood.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2010, 08:16:25 pm »

A rope reed fiber robe, decorated with giant cave spider silk, encircled with bands of dark strangler bone

Made under posession by a legendary sword/armor/shield user whos been unconcious in my hospital for 5 years (missing both his legs)

He just suddenly woke up and crawled off to claim the shop, now he's back in his vegetative state

Must have been quite the coma dream.

Anywho, My current fortress has an artifact bucket with a carnelian handle. If only there were walruses where I embarked so I could use it as bait...

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2010, 08:25:15 pm »

A mule bone statue.  Now, by itself this isn't a bad thing...it can increase room value a bit.  The hard part is all the things that were loss because of the bone artifact bug, including but not limited to steel bars, clear glass, giant cave spider silk and a few other things.

Of course, as always seems to be the case with junk artifacts, the subject matter is utterly amazing.  It's entitled the "The Worshipper of Touching" and refers to a goblin childsnatcher's death by stone-fall trap.  Perhaps it's a didactic lesson for dwarves regarding pedophilia, but I'm not sure.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2010, 10:49:52 pm »

This is a green glass trumpet. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with obsidian, decorated with green glass and saguaro rib wood and encircled with bands of obsidian. This object is adorned with hanging rings of obsidian and giant cave spider silk and menaces with spikes of copper. On the item is an image of shining suns in elephant leather.

That trumpet may be incredibly useless, but I wouldn't call it "worst" since it sounds pretty badass.
Cage traps are my magma.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2010, 03:32:00 pm »

My very first artifact at this fort: "This is a lead bracelet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality." Worth 3k. However, having a legendary metalcrafter within the first year of an embark loaded with native gold and silver ores is awesome; this guy's total output has exceeded the value of two pages worth of artifacts that followed. I could buy whole civilizations thanks to him.

But absolute lamest: "This is a cow bone toy hammer." Worth 1200. And it was a possessed mood, so the poor loser went back to grunt work ever more.

Fluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2010, 01:12:12 pm »

My Armour/weaponsmith had a strange mood. "Sweet! Legendary-oh. He's possessed. Damn it. Oh well, at least I'll get an artifact piece of... Ooh! Adamantine equipment! Sweet!"

"An artifact adamantine warhammer."

Not only did he get the only strange mood he will ever have, and blow it on a possession, he made a weapon that's roughly as effective as styrofoam. Gee, thanks.

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2010, 04:17:29 pm »

"One Magnetite Chair, it is encrusted with Magnetite and has menacing spikes of Magnetite, one the side is a picture of Urist "Comrade 13""
The person who made this was called Urist "Comrade 13", self centred Prick elf
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2010, 09:46:07 am »

Useless artifacts are plentiful.

I thought it was especially bad when the third artifact of my current fort wound up being a limonite amulet.
You know, to go with the first limonite amulet we already had.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2010, 10:27:07 am »

That trumpet may be incredibly useless, but I wouldn't call it "worst" since it sounds pretty badass.

It is a pretty badass trumpet; and if I had a trumpet like that, I might actually go back to playing, but I don't think dwarves actually use instruments.

Anyway, to add to the list, some migrant child was possessed by something to use two platinum nuggets (plus other stuff) to make a mug. According to the wiki, dwarves use a measurement to weigh things similar to kilograms, so by my calculations, it is a 46lb mug.

Drinkkissed the Pregnancy of Citadels, a native platinum mug
Weight: 21
Basic Value: 169200
This is a native platinum mug. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with brass, decorated with green glass and encircled with bands of giant cave spider silk, cow leather, green glass, copper and dog bone. This object menaces with spikes of native platinum. On the item is an image of a acacia in cassiterite. On the item is an image of a hide root in native platinum.

I don't even get a stone crafter; instead a useless child that will grow up into a skilless dwarf.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2010, 10:31:52 am »

I haven't had many bad artifacts, heck I haven't had many good artifacts either, yet here's one. A giant rat leather shield, it did make my leatherworker legendary, but took up most of my leather. Also the leather industry isn't that useful.
Blargh.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2010, 01:50:07 pm »

An acacia animal trap, encircled with bands of acacia. I thought it was pretty useless, and it held a pretty useless firefly that no one has eaten yet, so I used a stockpile to place it in the reception of admin offices. It's still pretty useless, except to those who like acacia and don't hate fireflies.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »

You can build that to increase room value.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »

Most furnature and components are useful, all my nobles live in 3x3's and say they live in their "personal Palace"
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32