Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76950 times)

GalileoMateo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2010, 02:50:05 pm »

I have an artifact called Kegethil, The Held Word.  And its a cougar leather short skirt... It made me laugh when i saw it, i didnt know that dwarves wore skirts XD

lojban

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a nerd. I program python. i post if i see fit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2010, 05:15:06 pm »

yeah... i got a giant-lion bone chest armor.
adorned with palm.
worth under 10k, and completely useless...

and it was a possessed mood, so no legendary bone carver.
-smuci zasti fliba, menli sanli basti.    (that's lojban)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2010, 03:43:41 am »

A Pig Iron Crown, which isn't so bad (hanging rings of giant spider silk and spikes of pig iron) but it is called "The Cross of Suicides", which is a worrying insight into the mind of the creator.  Worth 27k.

Also, my first (and only other) artifact was a steel warhammer (!!) - first time for a useful weapon! Murderedvigour! Of course, hanging rings of steel and spikes of steel, but more appropriate here.  But this one was a possession, whereas at least I get a legendary metalcrafter from the crown...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2010, 07:44:56 am »

An artifact mechanism. ._. I can't even sell it, so it really is completely useless. But the (now legendary, once a woodcutter) Mechanic who made it isn't.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:56 am »

An artifact mechanism. ._. I can't even sell it, so it really is completely useless. But the (now legendary, once a woodcutter) Mechanic who made it isn't.

You can. On the list of goods to trade, you can find it under "All". To make life easier, dump it right next to the trade depot and unforbid. It should be at the top of the list. Selling other furniture works the same way.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:21 am »

How is a mechanism useless? Put it in your dining hall as part of some construction.

pkmnfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 18, 2010, 11:13:56 am »

You can. On the list of goods to trade, you can find it under "All". To make life easier, dump it right next to the trade depot and unforbid. It should be at the top of the list. Selling other furniture works the same way.

You can't sell artifacts. Ever.

My "worst artifact ever" is kinda depressing, considering what went into it:

- Two stacks of bone (probably, like, 25 bones altogether)
 - Two tanned hides (forget which two, probably deer)
 - One log
 - Several gems
 - Probably a metal bar of some kind

Me: "This is going to be awesome, whatever it is!"

Game: "Bistoksut Noglesh Zagod, Hairybled the Savage of Gripping, a fox bone battle axe

This is a fox bone battle axe. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality."

Yes, that's it. 4080☼, and quite useless (my military is equipped with steel -_-)

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2010, 11:25:51 am »

You can't sell artifacts. Ever.

Actually in a reclaimed fortress you can. I mean... it is an easily abusable glitch ;P.

Personally I did it once (when I found out about it) and than abandoned the fortress because I found doing it "unworthy".

PS. Oh and for the artifact. Well it was expensive (worth about 480k I think) but completely useless.

I gave him a lot of platinum & stuff because I hoped for some good weapon or armor.
And I got this which in effect didn't give me nothing. He was also posessed so no legendary metalcrafting. Ehhh...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:31:45 am by Victuz »
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2010, 02:46:23 pm »

I just got my worst artifact yesterday.

Parchstrangled, a one-humped-camel-bone toy boat.  Only camel bone with craftsdwarfship of the highest quality.  I had to not only kill the camel, but 2 puppies as well since the kid (who was possessed, so no legendary) wanted three bone stacks.  The puppy bone somehow disappeared in the process, though, and the result was a useless artifact worth only 1,200.  What really sucks is that it came after a save-scum, in which I had another mood which produced a nice table (Gulfblades the Circumstantial Spy, a limonite table with images of a blood thorn, worth 29k) and a legendary miner.  Talk about trading down.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:50:05 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2010, 02:55:05 pm »

today a bloody stupid dwarf got possessed and made for me a bone crossbow.

which sounds awesome, until you realize that crossbowdwarves doesn't really work in this version and bone is to light to bash people around, while there is no point in hunting skeletal muskox.

...and after that, his's stupid wife made another wooden crossbow artifact.

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2010, 05:15:06 pm »

It's been said in this thread before, but bone artifacts are BUGGED.  By default, they are all equally the most useless artifacts.

(Though it's still awful to get them to waste a bunch of diamonds and platinum and steel on a bone artifact worth less than the last bed I made)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:17:38 pm by drvoke »
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2010, 09:58:56 am »

today a bloody stupid dwarf got possessed and made for me a bone crossbow.

which sounds awesome, until you realize that crossbowdwarves doesn't really work in this version and bone is to light to bash people around, while there is no point in hunting skeletal muskox.

...and after that, his's stupid wife made another wooden crossbow artifact.

Err, xbows work perfectly well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2010, 10:52:22 am »

I've got a great one if you got a dirty mind. Emphasis mine ;) What makes this worse is that it was build by a child.

Nekutavum, The Secretive Culmination, a limonite earring
On the item is an image of dwarves in iron. The dwarves are 'laboring'. The artwork relates to the 'foundation' of The Beguiler of Souls by The Enjoyable Bodices of The Long Mine in the early spring of 51.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2010, 01:28:18 pm »

This is a Giant Cave Spider Silk Face Veil, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with rings of Cave Spider Silk. It menaces with spikes of Giant Cave Spider Silk and Rhyolite.

It has to be the most awkward thing to wear ever.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2010, 11:37:09 pm »

Roomecha the Dipped Wills, a rope reed fiber toga $80320

This is a rope reed fiber toga. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with yellow spessartine, decorated with rope reed fiber and encircled with bands of rope reed fiber, chestnut, yellow spessartine and cow bone. It is made from rope reed fiber cloth. This object is adorned with hanging rings of sardonyx.
On the item is an image of Neutralmaws the Pinnacle of Flames the native platinum mini-forge in rope reed fiber.
On the item is an image of Urdim the deity of justice, depicted as a male dwarf in dolomite. Urdim is contemplating.
On the item is an image of two quarry bushes in clear tourmaline.

This toga is for attending those upper class parties in the noble district.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32