Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76844 times)

The Yellow Peril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »

I had one so spectacularly bad that I wasn't even sure it was an artifact the first time I looked at its description. Behold:

"Titheleth Debish, The Rumor of Spasms, a perfect indigo tourmaline. This is a perfect indigo tourmaline. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of indigo tourmaline."

It happened because a Gem Cutter migrants got the strange mood. I suppose I'm lucky he picked up a gem as valuable as an indigo tourmaline - it could quite easily have been one of the ones worth 5 dwarfbucks.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2010, 02:55:38 pm »

I had one so spectacularly bad that I wasn't even sure it was an artifact the first time I looked at its description. Behold:

"Titheleth Debish, The Rumor of Spasms, a perfect indigo tourmaline. This is a perfect indigo tourmaline. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of indigo tourmaline."

It happened because a Gem Cutter migrants got the strange mood. I suppose I'm lucky he picked up a gem as valuable as an indigo tourmaline - it could quite easily have been one of the ones worth 5 dwarfbucks.

got the same made totally of green glass yesterday. only redeeming feature is i now have a legendary glassworker. this was slightly worse than the artifcat quartzite mechanism encircled with bands of leather. atleast that can be used in a noble bedroom to increase the value, and to eventually be used to kill them. :)
This is a blank sig.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

Quote from: Deimos56
That isn't useless, bad, or unpleasant. That is a fairly bad ass bed, and likely to let you get away with shoving a noble of your choice in a peasant bedroom.
[/quote
a stone bed covered in spikes?
sounds pretty useless and unpleasant to me

This is an artifact for a noble-dipping room.

a bauxite bed is magma immune!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2010, 04:55:09 pm »

Ugoshidith Idashroldeth. "Hollowsystems the Moist Anguish". a Saguaro flute.

This is a Saguaro flute. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
On the item is an image of Hollowsystems the Moist Anguish the Saguaro flute
in Saguaro

A wooden flute, carved with an image of itself, worth only 2400.

Any artifact that has an image of itself on it is instantly epic. Because, you see... the image of itself ALSO has an image of itself on it, with another image of itself on that image and so on. The item becomes an endless fractal tunnel into the great dark void beyond or something. Dwarven minds are accustomed to such occurances, though. Probably.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2010, 05:27:39 pm »

in Saguaro

Any artifact that has an image of itself on it is instantly epic. Because, you see... the image of itself ALSO has an image of itself on it, with another image of itself on that image and so on. The item becomes an endless fractal tunnel into the great dark void beyond or something. Dwarven minds are accustomed to such occurances, though. Probably.
See also: Planepacked.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2010, 05:30:19 pm »

I have a pre-31.11 generational fort (dwarven civilization was destroyed in worldgen, so all my population comes from reproduction of married couples) as such, I get 2-3 children with fey moods every year, and they constantly want to make "iron" figurines (out of bone, leather, etc) depicting the foundation of the fort in the year 420.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2010, 07:01:52 pm »

In an old fort of mine, a mason made the grandest, most awe-inspiring...door. It wasn't even all that expensive, I had prepared meals worth more.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2010, 07:13:47 pm »

in Saguaro

See also: Planepacked.

About that... Why is it that everyone assumes the images of themselves are perfect? Sure, the craftdwarfship is of the highest quality, but realistically speaking the best an item like that flute would have on it is maybe one rendition of it done perfectly and then the next level would lose clarity and eventually it'd just be a line representing a flute.

Or am I just to suspend my disbelief and pretend that these dwarves are magicians of space-time?
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

BrutalNoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:21 pm »

RECURSIVE CROTCH. A most horrible disease.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:56:26 pm by BrutalNoodle »

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2010, 09:36:31 pm »

Or am I just to suspend my disbelief and pretend that these dwarves are magicians of space-time?

Yes.

I feel your pain. Mine, though, rather than grab the precious fire opal, grabbed the 10 buck prase next to it, before I could forbid it. The artifact didn't even have spikes on it.

However, LEGENDARY GEM CUTTY.

ikacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2010, 11:36:56 pm »

Onshendustik Gorrothruslush, "Chantboars the Disemboweled Splash", a horse bone scepter:

"This is a horse bone scepter. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality."

Value: 1200

Xionis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2010, 05:50:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ya....

The combination of the name...the item itself and the fact that it's got siltstone on it also..................

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2010, 08:34:00 am »

I think it needs to menace with some spikes.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2010, 09:25:09 am »

I had a cloth trumpet once, how does that even work?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2010, 09:28:07 am »

I had a cloth trumpet once, how does that even work?

dwarves are magicians of space-time

I'm learning.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32