Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 75479 times)

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 12:35:22 am »

Most useless artifact I had was a door made of wood that had a picture of a throne made of stone with a picture of a mug made of gem WITH A PICTURE OF A SHIELD MADE OF BONE.

All four were possessions. I was very upset.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 12:50:19 am »

Most useless artifact I had was a door made of wood that had a picture of a throne made of stone with a picture of a mug made of gem WITH A PICTURE OF A SHIELD MADE OF BONE.

All four were possessions. I was very upset.

Sounds like Armok is sending a friendly reminder to your dwarves that they need to build him a temple with many ways to die horribly and begin sacrificing kittens.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Pheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:16 am »

I just had my first macabre mood.  :)

Unfortunately, my best swordsdwarf was murdered because of it, and all that was made was a dwarf leather face veil.
My dwarves can't even wear it!

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2010, 02:16:16 am »

Ash Barrel
   Plump Helmet [3]
   Plump Helmet
   Plump Helmet [7]
   Flour Bag
      !!Flour!!

Maybe this will be how my dwarves will start brewing Dwarven Porter and Dwarven Stout instead of just beer...

Also, the thought of the quern burning is an experience in and of itself.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:24 am »

I had a dwarf make a lignite idol. It exploded shortly after being created, destroying itself, injuring its creator, and damaging the shop, leaving me with a XCraftsdwarf's workshopX made of Xash logsX and a dwarf that took twice as long to do anything.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2010, 10:02:37 am »

Buildable artifacts are the best.  Happy thoughts from using that bucket for a well or that bone spear in a weapon trap.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2010, 10:11:03 am »

I had four useless artifacts in a row, a shist quernstone (banded with shist), a ropefiber sock (again just one peice of ropefiber), a wooden earing (this had hanging rings of coal!) and a donkey bone flute.

I made the militia kill the culprits.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2010, 11:04:28 am »

I had a dwarf go into a fell mood, and was stoked.  What happened?  He ran to the nearest refuse stockpile, picked up the first dead vermin he saw, and cranked out a Fluffy Wambler Earing, decorated with Fluffy Wambler fluff.
I just had my first macabre mood.  :)

Unfortunately, my best swordsdwarf was murdered because of it, and all that was made was a dwarf leather face veil.

Er, hang on a second - last I checked, fell moods are the sort that murder a dwarf, and macabre moods are the ones that use various creature remains. Either you two have both mixed them up, or something's gone strange in the current version...

Gongith Bobrur, "The Squid of Mothers", microline scepter.
Microcline.

I just got a jeweler to make a perfect topaz. I don't even know how I can take advantage of it in any way
For some reason, the first thing that came to mind was socketing it in a helmet or armor for 24% better chance of getting magic items.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Calculus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2010, 11:39:13 am »

Last night a dwarf made a Gold high boot, with all the trimmings.

But he just made ONE boot. Now who is going to be walking around the fortress with that on?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2010, 11:53:47 am »

But he just made ONE boot. Now who is going to be walking around the fortress with that on?

Anyone who wants to really kick ass.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2010, 12:40:38 pm »

Duh.  Your legendary Crutchwalker.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2010, 01:14:00 pm »

Some useless peasant just created a turtle shell earring from 3 turtle shells (made of shell, decorated with shell, hanging rings of shell and banded with shell. no images.). Wouldnt have minded, but it was a posession, so no skill gain... and there was I frantically setting up some fishing industry in order to get some shells, praying for some kind of shell armour artifact...

heres hoping I get another pig iron war hammer with spikes of pig iron soon. that was kind of cool.
This is a blank sig.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2010, 01:20:21 pm »

heres hoping I get another pig iron war hammer with spikes of pig iron soon. that was kind of cool.
Platinum would be even better.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2010, 03:50:32 pm »

Platinum would be even better.

Moody dwarves can make platinum hammers? Wow. A platinum hammer might actually be useful.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

4lph4w0lf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2010, 04:04:54 pm »

I just got a jeweler to make a perfect topaz. I don't even know how I can take advantage of it in any way
For some reason, the first thing that came to mind was socketing it in a helmet or armor for 24% better chance of getting magic items.

This was comedy gold and anyone who misses this reference is dead to the world.
The elves have hidden mind control mechanisms (wooden ones) in the brains of the zombie animals.
At the flick of a switch, the animals will become mindless killing machines and every single dwarf in your fortress will be hunted down and eaten. With a side dish of +plump helmet roast+.

Butcher the animals before it's too late!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32