Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76918 times)

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2011, 12:50:16 am »

Bowyer gets mood, grabs some logs and goes to work.
He comes out with ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Worst part: it was a possessed mood.  :'(

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:18 am »

I somehow bought adamantine from the traders  ??? :o (Note that I was planning on buying them out this time 'cause I had so many things to get rid of from repeated ambushes)

and instantly a dwarf grabbed a piece and made an adamantine hammer.
 :'(
well at least he's legendary+5 max'd out weaponsmith :P

I'm building in the future king's room. and locking that room for now, had many kobolds lately
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2011, 03:46:44 am »

A lot of people love to complain about adamantine warhammers. Especially the artifact ones.

Well, I see the Hammerer as a challenge to be bested. So when my weaponsmith got a little odd and crafted an artifact warhammer of adamantine, I was actually quite pleased. I forbade the Hammerer's hammer, and got him to switch it for his shiny new adamantine pool noodle. Discipline has never been so gentle!
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:13 pm »

It's not quite planepacked, but the recusriveness is there.

Icumosal, "Virtuesong", a willow bed
This is a willow bed. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with prase opal and encircled with bands of bauxite. This object is adorned with hanging rings of willow and menaces with spikes of aluminum. On the item is a image of Virtuesong the willow bed in dacite.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »

Not bad in its value of 74,000 U, I have a steel table called "Nutsmusic"

Also, A forgotten beast bone piccolo. Worth just over 1k D:

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2011, 10:40:58 am »

We have a candidate under construction at the moment in throatlabour: a legendary planter has taken over a craftdwarfs workshop whilst posessed, and has collected 4 rhesus macaque bones, some giant mole leather,  a gabbro block, an adamantine wafer (THIS BETTER BE GOOD), a lump of olivine, a cut chysocolla, a fungiwood log, and a rough clear zircon.

please armok let it be somthing useable as to not waste the adamantine...

EDIT...

Drumroll please... Urist McNotACraftsdwarf produced...

A rhesus macaque bone animal trap...

god damned everything turns to bone bug. thats just plain depressing. into the magmadump it goes.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:54:07 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2011, 10:45:11 am »

We have a candidate under construction at the moment in throatlabour: a legendary planter has taken over a craftdwarfs workshop whilst posessed, and has collected 4 rhesus macaque bones, some giant mole leather,  a gabbro block, an adamantine wafer (THIS BETTER BE GOOD), a lump of olivine, a cut chysocolla, a fungiwood log, and a rough clear zircon.

please armok let it be somthing useable as to not waste the adamantine...
If he collected the bones first, you'd better forbid those other things.  There's currently a bug with bone artifacts, in that the other objects won't be used for the artifact.  They'll still be consumed though.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2011, 10:51:19 am »

If you forbid the decoration items for the bone crap won't he simply grab replacements?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2011, 11:12:46 am »

If you forbid the decoration items for the bone crap won't he simply grab replacements?

that's what I thought too!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2011, 12:03:29 pm »

If he's already begun working you can forbid his materials without consequence.  He won't go grab more and he won't go crazy (so long as you leave him one base material).

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2011, 01:09:31 pm »

A lot of these artifacts are really very good.  A table, chair, or door goes great in a dining room.  Anything that can be used in a well will get an architecture and building bonus that can make it huge, and a cage is a another source of positive thoughts.  Any furniture item is a good artifact.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »

Just got two real weiners winners:

Princessarches the Vegetation of Dance, cave spider silk sock worth 5720.  It has moss agate on it, and an image of an embarkment from the parent civ in 60.  Cool name, though.

and

the Torches of Weight, a dog bone flute.  Enough said.

At least neither was a posession.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #327 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:36 pm »

Just got two real weiners winners:

Princessarches the Vegetation of Dance, cave spider silk sock worth 5720.  It has moss agate on it, and an image of an embarkment from the parent civ in 60.  Cool name, though.

and

the Torches of Weight, a dog bone flute.  Enough said.

At least neither was a posession.

Could be worse.  Mine *was* a possession and it was an elf-cursed *wooden* flute using up valuable wood for an elfin trinket that's not even very valuable.

I think he must have been possessed by an elf.  The only known cure for that is magma.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2011, 02:06:29 am »

If he's already begun working you can forbid his materials without consequence.  He won't go grab more and he won't go crazy (so long as you leave him one base material).

PSA for those not in the know: you can forbid every single one of the grabbed items safely, if you don't mind your artifact defaulting to toad bone.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2011, 03:51:35 am »

Not exactly the worst thing I've seen so far.
Seems pretty elven.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32