Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76937 times)

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2010, 03:56:40 pm »

Guys, bone artifacts are boned due to bug. All decorations vanish.

I understand that much... my point was that even though my table is technically an artifact... it doesn't yield the same 'ohhh cooooollll' reaction that an artifact stone table would. >_<
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2010, 05:31:28 pm »

Guys, bone artifacts are boned due to bug. All decorations vanish.

I highly doubt that anyone can have a less valuable artifact than the dagger I posted a few pages ago.

Not even ☼1000
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2010, 03:43:22 pm »

It has been observed that dwarves seem to prefer artifacts containing elements of garbage (bones, shells, etc.), and it is now theorized that they possess a highly advanced form of post-modernism.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Darkcrystal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2010, 04:12:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks great and seems pretty detailed except I can't do anything with it >.>

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

All my artifacts so far have sucked, and kids keep making them. It's like my fort is full of indigo children or something.

I have:
-A cedar bracelet
-An andesite mug
-A granite trumpet
-A rope reed fiber left mitten
-A cacao wood sceptre ( but there's images of pig tails in forgotten beast bone, which makes it slightly cooler)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2010, 12:47:09 am »

I have a fortress FULL of these.
Name: Sundertrammeled the wilted bandit
 Value: 2400
 Description: This is a schist crown. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with schist.
Name:The Sport of Staves
 Value:40000
 Description:This is a rope reed fiber cap. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with native gold and decorated with rope reed fiber.  It is made with rope reed fiber cloth.
Name: Notchsilver the Circumstantial Lungs
 Value: 12000
 Description: This is an iron ring. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
Name: The sensual gaze
 Value: 1680
 Description: This is an wolf bone mask. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
Name: The Oily Deterioration
 Value: 33600
 Description:This is a schit figurine of Lor Paperchampions. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of Lor Paperchampions the dwarf and dwarves in schist by Fath Rigothsikel. Lor Paperchampions is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the appointment of the dwarf Lor Paperchampions to the position of general of The Armored Standard in 362. It is encircled with bands of donkey bone and donkey leather. This object is adorned with hanging rings of schist and menaces with spikes of schist, donkey leather and yellow spessartine. On the item is an image of dwarves in pig tail fiber. The dwarves are traveling. The artwork relates to the foundation of Lordrooms by The Trade of Shielding of The Armored Standard in the early spring of 505.
Name: Hailedscar
 Value:67480
 Description: This is a giant cave spider silk sock. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with schist, decorated with giant cave spider silk and encircled with bands of schist, cedar, chestnut, cinnamon grossular and chrysoberyl. It is made from giant cave spider silk cloth. The thread is midnight blue with dimple dye.
On the item is an image of Zomus Riverfell the hill titan in giant cave spider silk. Zomus Riverfell is traveling. The artwork relates to the wandering of the hill titan Zomus Riverfell in The Praised Stoked Hill in a time before time.
On the item is an image of The Sport of Staves the rope reed fiber cap in schist.

Okay the last one isn't that bad but it's a freaking sock.
And it was made with a possession too.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:16 am »

I got an ashen ring once, worth 4k.
Then I also once got an iron barrel, with iron studs, worth 72k. That wasn't too bad.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2010, 02:19:42 am »

artifact toy mini-forge.
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:03 am »

oh yeah, my artifact toy mini-forge was also covered in spikes. hooray for dwarven toys
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2010, 01:41:57 am »

I had an artefact toy miniforge once. It was carved out of raw adamantine and was worth 640000
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2010, 01:57:26 am »

I just posted this in the other thread, but I may as well respond here too:

Worst ever because I noticed only when he had it already at the craftsdwarfshop that he had nabbed some adamantine bars. Yeah.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2010, 02:37:23 pm »

You can forbid anything they're using even once they've started working on it, you know.

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2010, 03:33:18 pm »

You can forbid anything they're using even once they've started working on it, you know.

I've been playing the forbid game with one now. I think I need to find and forbid ALL of my adamantine, and then forbid whatever bar he is going for now...

Oh, and yeah, another bonecrafter is trying to get his grubby little hands on some more adamantine.

Would t be more effective for me to just let him get it and THEN forbid it, so he'll still begin construction without actually using the adamantine?

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2010, 08:13:26 pm »

Just forbid it all in the stocks screen. Then he'll either use other metal/ore, or he's fixated on adamantine, in which case you can unforbid some and then forbid it again when he starts work.

12th_nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2010, 02:34:01 pm »

The first 'artifact' of my current fortress was a fine pewter drum named Eren Durad, which translates to "The Liberty of Beards."

Useless artifact but great name. Though, I have a sneaking suspicion that "The Liberty of Beards" is some sort of DF version of The Watchtower and that would make its creator the first Armok's Witness.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32