Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kill a zombie marmot, you say? If I drop my pick I'll get there faster!  (Read 523 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Title says it all really. Zombie marmots disrupt my miners, I conscript the miners and they drop their picks and try to punch it to death. Arghh!

Redem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

You need to assign them their picks as weapons, otherwise they act as unarmed combatants.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..

Check what weapon they are assigned.

If you have more than 20 dwarves, you need to appoint an arsenal dwarf who will have to approve (doing bookkeeping labour) all equipment. Likely your squad wasn't approved for that weapon :P

DF2010 is not friendly to insta-draft warriors.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it was on embark, and they were allowed to use individual choice (then assigned picks), but neither worked. Happily, though, they managed to punch the zombies to death.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

miners ar behaving weird

i once drafted a bunch to kill a renegade trog, 6 guys were wrestling it for some time, then a miner came and decided that he should look for some shiny stuff in trogs head

but the other time, same miner decided to punch other trog. Didnt work out too well for him