Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Awakening  (Read 6886 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2010, 02:34:37 pm »

It's possible we won't even have the Operations in the real world; this sim wasn't really meant for us specifically.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2010, 02:35:33 pm »

(Yeah I wasn't going to allow the abilities to continue beyond the Sim. Don't worry.)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2010, 02:36:12 pm »

Somehow the training simulation reminds me of Fallout 3.

Don't ask.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2010, 02:36:45 pm »

The Delta series seem to have these abilities though; let's hope we don't run into any of them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »

Oh. then it's all ok then, carry on.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2010, 02:46:04 pm »

Hump Bump.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2010, 03:31:43 pm »

(sorry, been busy. I will re-read everything and post up soonish)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2010, 07:01:35 pm »

I have to mark the tank's position for the fire support team, but I don't have a flare. I concentrate on the instructions I've received...

Operation 3

I fling my hand upwards and a flare shoots out, burning bright overhead. Seconds later, an artillery strike pummels the moletank and advancing soldiers with fire and shrapnel and death.

I slump against the trench wall, breathing hard. Whatever I did took a lot out of me. From somewhere above and to my right I hear a voice ordering a full attack while the enemy is disoriented by the smoke and artillery. I vault the trench wall without thinking, rifle in hand, and run at the enemy.

My run falters a bit as I hear a piercing scream from the opposing trench, and blood spatters across the mud. Another scream... it sounds like something is already inside the enemy trench, killing the soldiers! Cautiously I slow to a walk and look over the edge, rifle ready.

What do I see?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »

I see a huge reptilian monster tearing into the soldiers with a mouth full of monstrous teeth. For a moment, the simulation pauses, and a voice tells me that although Thrashers are trained to recognize friend from foe, it is never safe to be around them. The Thrasher bellows, and begins to clear a path for me to move on.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2010, 11:39:27 pm »

Four troopers are on the ground near the Trasher, holding whips and strange-looking guns. Their eyes and guns are locked on the Thrasher - they seem to be it's controllers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2010, 03:52:14 pm »

What is that? A Thrasher, my mind tells me. And it is very good at its job. I jump down into the trench, heading the opposite direction. I certainly didn't want to get in that thing's way, and it was doing its job nicely. I move down the trench cautiously until I come to a T-intersection. I turn left, deeper into the trenches, curious about how extensive these trenches are.

A man runs out from another branch ahead of me and I fire without hesitation. He jerks and goes down. Even more curious now, I stalk ahead and peer around the corner where the fellow came from. An underground bunker is dug here, with a steel door hanging open. I sneak down towards the door and peer inside, keeping my rifle ready.

What is inside?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »

A few holed up soldiers, and someone that is clearly an officer. The man is bringing a radio to his ear, beginning to call for reinforcements.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2010, 07:40:42 am »

The room is quite large, and the soldiers are spread all over it. It would be difficult to take them all down on your own.
Another image flickers into life inside your mind; a single figure, pushing others away while standing in place.

'To use Shockwave, think 'Operation 5'
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:53:05 am by Digital Hellhound »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2010, 11:12:45 am »

((You think "operation 5" and a web animation loads...))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2010, 11:48:56 am »

((You think "operation 5" and a web animation loads...))
(Okay, I lol'd)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9