Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Awakening  (Read 6891 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 10:51:36 am »

A largish room, white, like the previous. Around the walls of the room are white slabs, with metal straps and wires and stuff. Several slabs have women or girls lying upon them; several have mutations like the girl in the car. Screens with vital signs have been set up near the occupied slabs. There is a door marked 'Attendants' opposite you.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 10:54:51 am »

You can also hear raised voices from behind the 'Attendants' door; a woman and two men.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 11:02:03 am »

Puzzled by the argument, I walk around the room examining the other girls and women on the slabs and try to listen in. The words are too muffled by the door to understand what is being said, but I get the idea that the woman is disagreeing with the men about something.. quite vehemently in fact.

I sigh, figuring I need to talk to someone about all this, so I walk over to the Attendants door and give it a sharp knock.

The raised voices stop immediately and the door begins to open. A man and a woman walk out and look surprised by my presence.

What do they do?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2010, 11:04:48 am »

The woman gives the man a quick glance, as the man unholsters a stungun. He raises to aim at you, but the woman pushes it away.
"It is an escaped subject!" He speaks as if hasty, looking panicked.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2010, 11:07:18 am »

The woman glares at the man.
' Oh please, she's clearly one of the Delta-series.' She then turns her attention to you.
' Shouldn't you be in Training, dear? Why don't you go down there, now?' She then seems to realize something, and says; 'Nevermind that, then. Why don't you head over to Storage instead?'
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:11:11 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 11:11:46 am »

no i am sure of it its the one we tried to store the soul of the elder one in!!!!
the man says in a crazed tone.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2010, 11:13:12 am »

To which the woman replies by slapping him, and then in a harsh whisper saying "That is still locked up in the middle of the city, there is no way it could escape"
Meanwhile, we back off.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »

((I love this thig. I think it's succseeding in that comunal storytelling many other threads have attempted and failed.))

As I am abaut to leve for training, I notice among a pile of papers one that is labeled "Delta series - spesifications"
it mentions hightened intelegence, senses, other mental atributes and even phsycic powers in some of the subseries. Strange, I think I'd have noticed if I had any of that...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2010, 02:15:25 pm »

((I love this thig. I think it's succseeding in that comunal storytelling many other threads have attempted and failed.))

As I am abaut to leve for training, I notice among a pile of papers one that is labeled "Delta series - spesifications"
it mentions hightened intelegence, senses, other mental atributes and even phsycic powers in some of the subseries. Strange, I think I'd have noticed if I had any of that...

Since when do they put sensitive information on the front of such a classified document?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:38 pm »

Since when do they put sensitive information on the front of such a classified document?
Yeah, um, I know the GM said no arguing, but, um, what? Can't we wait until at least the next room before more exposé?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »

I only mentioned the title, it's still posible it contains only cryptic clues. That'd be the best i think.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »

(One last update before I go off to bed. Sorry, can't be helped. Its been 28 hours since I slept. I took the general direction we've been going and incorporated your suggestions. Now we're training. Its interesting seeing how this has gone so far, as I gave virtually no direction in the beginning. Good stuff so far! Glad you guys are enjoying it.)

I am somewhat confused by their reactions. First they mistake me for one of the test subjects here, then they don't seem to know what I am. I expected more competence really. My annoyance must have shown, because the male holstered his taser and gestured roughly back the way I came. "Report to training, they will identify your series."

As I nod and turn to leave, I notice several interesting documents. I don't have time to examine them fully, but the titles intrigue me and I wonder if the amnesia is an unknown side effect of some process they had performed on me, as it wasn't mentioned here. I shake my head, more questions and no answers. The Inspector has a lot of explaining to do!

I turn and walk out, heading towards the door marked 'Training'. Inside, the room is empty and every surface is covered with a glowing blue grid. My barefoot steps echo from the walls as I walk to the center of the room. "Hello?" My voice echoes back to me, scratchy and unfamiliar.

A bright light flashes to my right. I look at it, and a beam sweeps over my body. A computer synthesized voice speaks.

"Detection: Omega-2 Series Genetic Grafts / Level 1 Cybernetic Enhancement."

"*WARNING* - UNSTABLE GENETIC ACCELERATION / Experimental Series. Unknown reaction to Omega-2 genetic grafts. Acceleration Serum developed for genetic testing and evaluation of Cthulhoid Hybrids."

A humming noise rises from the blue grid and it flashes.

"Level One training program - Initiate"

The scenery changes.

What do I see?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2010, 04:39:33 pm »

A warzone, Bullets flying left and right, men dieing every five seconds, tanks blowing up and frequent airstrikes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2010, 04:45:47 pm »

Your clothes have been changed. You are now dressed in a soldiers' suit. You are unarmed, though.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »

And a man in a trench shouts "Get over here dammit! You trying to get shot?!"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9