Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Awakening  (Read 6876 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Awakening
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2010, 08:51:07 am »

(o..okay? I meant to start from my last post, with something emerging from underground. Generally you guys post suggestions and then I combine them into the next part of the story.)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2010, 08:55:18 am »

(Oh, sorry. :P I got carried away with the idea of Lovecraftian beasties being used in the military. Okay, so she should tag the thing... tank... whatever it is coming out of the ground with a phosphorus flare, making it a prime target for Thrashers/mortars)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2010, 09:23:01 am »

The dreaded MOLETANK erupts from the earth, the drill at its front spinning wildly, its primitive treads clawing it out of the tunnel it has dug. When it has emerged fully the hatches on the side open and machineguns emerge, and it begins to gun down men left and right as it trundles towards our trench.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:29:35 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2010, 11:01:30 am »

The tank stops moving for a minute, and unloads a squad of soldiers in powered armour suits, carrying massive machineguns. They spread out and advance along the tank.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2010, 09:54:26 am »

bump
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2010, 11:18:08 am »

Bumpity-bump-bump.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2010, 12:24:31 pm »

(I was busy this weekend.)

I am surprised by the emergence of the Moletank. Its bit pushes through the earth and the spinning treads fling mud dozens of feet into the air. As it slams back down to the ground, hatches along its side open disgorging squads of power-armored soldiers. They deploy along the tank as the steel beast itself turns and begins to rumble in our direction. Machine gun turrets swing out from its side and rake the trenches, forcing me to duck down under cover. I hear a high-pitched whine as several of the soldiers' weapons discharge. I don't know what they are, but they make a great flash and pop when fired, and chunks of earth vanish.

I peek above again, reaching back for a phosphorous grenade. My hand is guided by inhuman instincts as a hurl the grenade, and the grenade bounces off a soldier's head before bursting. The white phosphorous burns at his suit, and he screams as he falls. His death sends up a cloud of white smoke, marking the location.

A lieutenant near me is shouting into the radio, something about fire support, when a wooden fragment blown out from a nearby impact slices through his neck. He falls back, fear in his eyes, as he slowly bleeds out. The radio handset falls into the mud, but I can hear a voice on the line. I pick it up and listen.

What do I hear?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:57 pm »

"Mark the area to strike with a flare gun!"

The radio goes silent.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »

"Forget about Freeman!"
(j/k lol
oh gods i did not just type that)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:29:20 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2010, 02:10:09 pm »

Flying monkeys attack, then evryone starts dancing, and soon the entire sim crashes and the synthetic voice asks you to stand by while waiting for tech support. (seriusly, it was just geting sillier and sillier, we can save it by saying somone was messing with the sim.)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2010, 02:18:12 pm »

Flying monkeys attack, then evryone starts dancing, and soon the entire sim crashes and the synthetic voice asks you to stand by while waiting for tech support. (seriusly, it was just geting sillier and sillier, we can save it by saying somone was messing with the sim.)

Vetoing this.

(Wut, how is this getting sillier and sillier?)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »

Vetoed. It is not only silly, but it also suggests something silly as a solution on a (non-existent) problem concerning silliness. Therefore, it is too silly to be considered.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2010, 02:25:30 pm »

(Which part did you find silly?)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:22 pm »

(Veto. What is so silly about a moletank? Ok; it is not realistic, but it is a simulation. A training simulation. Facing a terrifying yet slow and predictable foe is an excellent way to learn combat techniques.
Also, veto my own suggestion about the radio saying 'Forget about Freeman!'
A serious suggestion follows)

You look around; there is no flare gun nearby, and the burning soldier is not the right colour.

A glowing figure appears again, superimposed over your vision. It is of a figure striking a pose, with fire emerging from their fingers.
'To use Pyrokinesis, think 'Operation 3''

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2010, 02:32:08 pm »

(the moletank, power armor, blatantness of our abailities... Seems like a genre change. maybe silly wasn't the right word. I think the game shuld keep being lovecraftian, not a watered down 40k)

(Ninjaedit: good point, nevermind my sugestion. Still, thinking "operation someting or another" shuld NOT be how they are activated in the real world...)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9