Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Awakening  (Read 6882 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Awakening
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 04:01:13 am »

I look the rifles over. One seems to have been bitten in two, and the other looks as though a round went off without exiting the barrel and blew out the top of the rifle. I don't think I can fix either one, but I take one with me anyway. At the least it could be an improvised weapon.

Looking around, I realize the lights never actually came back on. This confuses me, because I can see fine now. Then I notice my reflection from a glass cabinet face... my eyes...

My green eyes are now yellow, surrounded in black, with a vertical slit like a cat.

I have to leave. I'll sort that out later... I move to the door and look out of the room.

What do I see?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:27 am »

I see bloody footsteps, leading down the hallway. There is a lot of distance between each step, as if the person was almost jumping between each of the steps. Furtherly I notice that there's spent bullet shells lying around.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 07:19:26 am »

I see footprints, bloody, running down the hallway. The gait is strange... very wide. What is going on? Looks like he was shooting at someone, or something. Nothing here now though, and it looks like a straight shot outside. I can see sunlight.

Lulled by the sunlight, I abandon stealth and run down the hallway. My bare feet slip in blood once but I ignore it, running out the glass door and emerging onto a busy street. The building I have just exited is made up to look like a store, with a 'closed' sign. I have the presence of mind to hide the pistol before the other pedestrians notice it. I get some odd looks due to the thin cotton gown, but no one seems to care enough to question me.. or perhaps they fear the woman in the mental patient's gown with the bandaged wrists.

Either way, no one seems inclined to interfere with me. It is a sunny, pleasant day and I am on a busy street in a shopping center.

Where do I go?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 07:24:28 am »

I go to the nearest bank. I had memorized my personal information a long time ago, and it still seemed to be around, even after the incident. After that, I should go buy clothes, shoes. Also, I should hide the gun before I enter the bank; I don't want any incidents.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:04 am »

Limping towards the bank, my feet begin to hurt. I covertly dump the gun in a garbage bin around the corner, hoping to come back for it later.

I walk towards the bank, crossing a street at a crosswalk, and walking down the sidewalk. I turn to head into the bank but I am stopped just inside by a man who hurries into my path.

"Miss! Miss! Please miss you cannot come in here dressed that way!" He seems to mean well, but also looks quite sincere. "We have a dress code miss, you must wear shoes and.." he eyes the bloody bandages around my wrists and my dirty hospital gown "..perhaps you should have that looked at and secure a change of clothes? I have to ask you to leave, you are disturbing the other customers."

I notice one of the tellers looking over in fear, her hand reaching for the telephone. I think I should leave quickly, this was a bad idea. Thank god I thought to drop the gun before coming in.

What should I do?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:49:12 am by forsaken1111 »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 07:42:37 am »

I leave the bank, and retrieve the gun. I'm feeling lightheaded; I should find a way to get food. Also, I hope we can use a phone, the investigator would help us. He seemed almost manic in his search.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 08:23:43 am »

we go and find 100 monies which we buy clothes with.  discreetly. at the other side of town.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 08:31:14 am »

I leave the bank as quickly as possible, making excuses for my appearance. That was a bad idea...

When I go to retrieve the gun, I find a small brown paper bag in the trash as well. The bag has 100 dollars (5 20$ Bills) in it. I quickly stuff the gun inside and hide the bag under my arm, walking away I head immediately towards the smell of food. A fast food place was there, they wouldn't care what she looked like.

I enter the building and purchase food which I do not even taste as I wolf it down. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until now, and I order a second helping while I look around. A pay phone is in the corner, so I take my burger to it and use the change to call the Inspector. While dialing, I clear my throat. It is still rough and scratchy, but I should be able to speak.

The line rings three times, and then an elderly gentlemen with a soft British accent answers.

What does he say?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 08:33:21 am »

You're alive. Good. His voice sounds cold. I will help you, but not because I like you. As a matter of fact, I have always been interested in what was going on in your mind, scientifically.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 08:34:18 am »

He chuckles, then adds; Where are you? I'll come to pick you up.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 08:40:25 am »

I briefly dissemble about revealing my location, but I am in dire need of help and I remember the Inspector always was kind to me.

I tell him the address of the fast food restaurant, he says he will be here soon and that I should stay inside and wait. I agree and hang up, sitting down at the table and finishing my food.

Within 30 minutes, the Inspector arrives.

What happens?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 08:41:49 am »

He remains in his car, sounding the horn twice, gesturing at you for you to enter the car.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2010, 08:48:18 am »

I start at the horn's sound and look outside. I see him there in his car, and stand up unsteadily.

As I walk out, I covertly slip my hand into the brown paper bag and grip the gun.

When I get to the car I open the door and sit down. Inside the car it is cool, the leather seat caresses my tired body and the air conditioning feels good after the warm day.

The Inspector puts the car into drive and begins driving without saying a word, obviously with a destination in mind. He drives fast, sometimes looking back as though worried about being followed.

Where do we go?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 09:03:08 am »

To a skyscraper on the edge of town. It is entirely black, with no features hinting towards its nature. A hidden sliding door gives admission to the car.
Long Live United Forenia!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2010, 09:17:40 am »

The car starts driving. A few minutes pass. Seeing movment at the edge of my vision, I look over my sholder.

A small girl, 4 or five years maybe, is lies in the backseat. She seems injured, and is dressed similar to me. This in not the fisr thing I notice.
She has no eyes, or even eye sockets it seems like, just smooth skin over smooth bone, as if it was supposed to be that way. She turns, and I see that she have wing. Like an angel, I think. Although they are brown, not white.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9