Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Awakening  (Read 6883 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 02:54:05 am »

(A 'Filter room' is basically a nearly empty room with minimal stuff in it. It has no function. It's just 'there', like a middle point between several rooms. Like hallways except small and isolated.)

I pick up the phone and call 119 (Yep, I'm doing the opposite of 911).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 03:03:18 am »

(But you didn't explain why this gun and bandages would be in the room. Give a context if you want to alter the story, or I will make one up. One doesn't simply leave a loaded gun in a random filler room for no reason)

I pick up the phone and press it to my ear. As I am preparing to dial 119, a voice from the phone says "Hello?"

Frightened, I drop the phone and it hits the desk. I quickly hang up.

My grip tightens on the pistol. It seems familiar, as though I have held one before. The memory is there, on the tip of my tongue... and gone.

My knuckles are white with fear as I stagger to the other door. It is not locked. I open it wide enough to look out, the pistol in a ready grip at my side.

What do I see?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 03:06:02 am »

A lab, with possibly human bodies around it. And several other bodies that barely look human, seems like a genetic lab... There's a pool of blood on the floor, and two scientist bodies in the pool.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 03:12:02 am »

On the wall is writing, in blood.

One line says "Beware the star spawn" and another says "All hail the Great One". In a different liquid, some sort of ichor, bears the words "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

On a table is a newspaper dated June 19 1923.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:16:50 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 03:18:05 am »

I stare blankly at the laboratory. What is going on? Where the hell am I?

I move in slowly, covering the room with the pistol. The bodies are on steel tables arrayed throughout the lab. The equipment here is incomprehensible to me, but it looks like normal human-made equipment. The nonhuman bodies frighten me far more than they should. Another memory tugs at my awareness, and I get a fleeting inner glimpse of... points of light in darkness. What does it mean?

I stay well away from the bodies on the tables, but I move to search the scientists. I see they were killed by neat gunshot wounds to the chest. I fish around in their pockets.

What do I find?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 03:19:35 am »

I find a strange syringe, labeled with a red cross and filled with red liquid. I also find a key ring.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 03:24:17 am »

Also find a Syringe labeled "Evolution accelerator" with cyan liquid in it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 03:25:00 am »

There is also a piece of paper saying

Meet me at 7.30 in the labs, got to talk about your experiements. The Board's threatening to shut us down if we don't get results.
   - Carver
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 03:29:24 am »

I examine the two syringes briefly. One looks like blood, but could be anything. The other is labeled 'Evolution Accelerator' which I don't understand. The key ring is more immediately useful, I need to get somewhere safe.

I look at the writing on the wall. It was done in human blood by a human hand, but not by either of the scientists on the floor. I check the area and find a more complete first aid kit, and I change the bandage on my wrists applying some antibiotic ointment.

Suddenly I freeze. I heard movement. I look around the lab but see nothing out of place. My imagination...

I move towards the laboratory exit, the ointment soothing my raw wrists. I see a note on a desk near the door,

Meet me at 7.30 in the labs, got to talk about your experiements. The Board's threatening to shut us down if we don't get results.
   - Carver

I look at the clock. It is 7:03.

I could hide here and see what happens, or try to escape through the laboratory entrance. There is what looks like a freezer at the back of the room, possibly for specimens or bodies, and a small broom closet off to one side.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 03:34:26 am »

(Also: evolution accelerator makes selected creature evolve quickly to suit the current situation. Like for example, giving us gills if we need to breath underwater. But it can devolve organs too, our lungs would devolve if we used our gills for too long.)

Inject evolution accelerator into us. Then hide.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 03:38:16 am »

I need whatever edge I can get. I hate to do it, but I have to take the chance.

I inject the accelerator into my thigh, wincing at the slight pain. I move to the broom closet and go inside, closing the door tightly.

As the time ticks by, I can hear my own ragged breath and smell the cleaning chemicals in the broom closet.

What happens when the clock reaches 7:30?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 03:41:12 am »

a man with armed guards walks in
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 03:43:41 am »

And is promptly attacked by some humanoid creature.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 03:51:25 am »

As the time comes, I peek out from the broom closet. At 7:30 on the dot, a man in a business suit walks into the laboratory flanked by armed guards in full tactical gear. He does not look surprised by the dead scientists. He stands at the door for a moment, seemingly waiting for something.

Moments later the lights suddenly dim, flicker, and go out. The guards flanking the men snap down night goggles and shout. Suddenly the freezer door slams open and automatic rifles bark, spitting rounds towards the back of the lab. Snarling dark forms lope across the lab, knocking tables over and spilling bodies to the floor. The rifles don't seem to slow them much, only one of the five going down under the fire. When the humanoid forms reach the guards, there is a scream and then ripping tearing sounds of flesh.

Everything is quiet. I do not hear any movement. The lights come back on, revealing two guard corpses torn apart on the floor. There is no sign of the man in the business suit.

The tactical gear and weapons of both guards are ruined.

I creep from the closet, and ponder... What do I do?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 03:54:19 am »

Grab a rifle, and try to evolve more advanced eyes for seeing in the dark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9