Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Awakening  (Read 6878 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Awakening
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:51:10 am »

I am aware.

I?

I am singular.

I am alone.

Beyond me is nothing.

What am I?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am a human woman in a laboratory of horrors.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:19:38 am by forsaken1111 »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:59:16 am »

I am a human being. A woman. I wake up, and look around.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:00:39 am »

I open my eyes. I am human woman.

I look around. I am in a room. I cannot move.

Where am I?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:15 am »

I am in a sanitarium. I see the bright light being filtered in through a grimy window.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:20 am »

I remember now. I am in a sanitarium. I seem to be rational, but do insane people seem sane to themselves?

I don't remember why I am here. The patterns of dust floating through the sunlight fascinate me.

I can hear distant voices. Someone is coming towards the room.

They stop outside the door to the dingy room. I struggly weakly against my restraints.

Who is outside?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 02:07:46 am »

The Staff are outside, on their rounds. I hope that the investigator is coming today. He said he had some leads on my case.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:11:02 am »

Keys rattle in the lock, and I see an orderly's face in the door's small glass window. The door opens slowly and a nurse comes in.

"Time for your pills!" She says cheerfully.

She gives me several pills. I am restrained and have no choice but to swallow them as she gives me water, else I would choke.

I find it very hard to speak, but I make the effort. My voice is scratchy and weak from disuse.

What do I say?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 02:12:37 am »

"Is the investigator coming today? Mr.... Millman?" I watch as some of my mousy brown hair falls from the ponytail that the orderly put it in.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 02:16:42 am »

"Oh I'll go check for you after my rounds dear." Mr. Millman says. He is always so kind to me. He is the only one of the staff who treats me like a person, and not like furniture.

The orderly rolls his eyes.

"Now you just rest and I'll send Henry back in a bit to let you know."

He pats my hand, and then gestures; the orderly wheels the tray of pills and water cups out. Millman exits as well, and the door clangs shut.

I hear keys rattle again, and the bolt clicks.

I slowly realize something is in my hand. Mr. Millman gave me something when he patted my hand. That is against the rules.

What did he give me?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 02:22:13 am »

I feel the small piece of paper wrapped around a cool metal thing. I unfold the paper, and find a very sharp knife. I try to saw off the restraints.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 02:28:40 am »

I feel excitement for the first time in...

...have I ever felt excited? I don't know.

My wrist aches from the contortion involved in cutting my own restraints. I notice now that both my wrists are raw and bloody. Have I tried to break the restraints before? Did I thrash in my sleep?

My left hand is free! I turn my attention to my other restraints and soon I am free.

My body is sore and... cold. I realize I wear only a thin cotton gown and undergarments. It is difficult to sit up, and harder to stand, but I manage.

I am confused. Usually I feel tired by now from the pills. This time my mind is becoming clearer though.

I notice writing on the paper the nurse wrapped the knife in.

What does the paper say?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 02:30:11 am »

"This is your only hope now. Make use of it. Get the hell out of here"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 02:34:43 am »

Panic seizes my heart like a cold fist. How long have I been here? Where am I really?

I weakly make my way to the door and try the door. It is unlocked! The nurse must not have turned the key all the way.

I lean against the door, regaining my strength and listening intently. All I hear is the hammering of my own heart against my eardrums. The ragged breath in my lungs.

Something drips on my bare foot. I look down and see a spot of blood. My wrists are bleeding. It isn't serious, but they hurt.

After catching my breath, I open the door slowly; just enough to peek out. I press my eye to the crack, looking out.

What do I see?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 02:37:44 am »

...Will you let us pick anything?

A old fully loaded Colt Model 1873 laying on a table. With a note:"Oh. and you might need this too". Also several bandages on the table. This seems to be a filler room.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 02:47:07 am »

(I take what you say and make it work, or I reject it if I find it inappropriate. I'd appreciate more detail though. Saying 'this is a filler room' doesn't help. In future if you want something to be there then at least give a good reason. I took care of it this time.)

I see a guard room outside. This is no sanitarium!

The guard station is unmanned at the moment. I suppose they aren't afraid of a restrained patient escaping.

I stagger through the door, making sure to close it quietly, and creep around the guard desk. I look around frantically, and see one other door but no people. This room doesn't look like it belongs in a sanitarium, as my room did. Was my room mocked up to look that way?

In the desk I find a loaded handgun and some first aid supplies, so I bandage my wounds and take the pistol.

On the guard's desk is a monitor showing a view of the room I came from, and the empty bed there.

I lean against the desk for a moment, again catching my breath. I seem to be very weak and I get winded easily. I must have been here a long time. I close my eyes, trying to remember, but my mind is blank. I have no memory. I can't even remember my name.

The only thing I remember is the Inspector, who was supposed to come today. For some reason, I feel both hope and dread at his visit, and I cannot remember his face.

On the desk is a phone. Next to it is an alarm panel with a panic button.

What do I do?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9