Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wounded Soldiers lying unrecovered, constantly interrupted by captured Gob  (Read 887 times)

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much what the title says.

I sent my military out to kill a lone goblin only to have them bushwhacked by more gobbos. These were driven away at the cost of many wounded dwarfs. Most of the wounded were recovered and sent to the hospital, some have already been released. But my Captain and a Speardwarf continue to lie in the mud, unconcious, not thirsty or hungry, several months later. No-one will recover them. They don't wake up. And they're spamming me with hundreds of pages of 'cancel rest: interrupted by JimBob the Lasher'. Only JimBob, who admittedly was a FREAKING NINJA who tangled with several dwarfs, war dogs and even human caravan guards in an extended brawl without a scratch finally got his hand stabbed, dropped his whip, and stumbled into a cage trap. I've got him in a special place for later so I don't lose track of him but he's interrupting nobody.

But my Captain and Speardwarf seem stuck in time, as it were. I cancelled the kill order they had. I inactivated the squad. I reactivated the squad. I removed the speardwarf from the squad. I added him back. I just don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there empty hospital beds?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=196

Try building vertical bars under them and/or killing the goblin they are being interrupted by.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, hospital sleeps 16, 9 beds are filled.

Try building vertical bars under them and/or killing the goblin they are being interrupted by.

Thanks for pointing me to this, I'm new to using the Bug Tracker. I'll give that a whirl and update.

EDIT: W00t! As soon as the bars were built under the Captain he stopped spamming. Then the spear-dwarf when his bars were built as well. They both staggered to their feet and headed for the hospital, though the Captain with that spear wound in his throat collapsed a few times on the way. They're there now resting. Now all I have to do is rebuild the military from scratch! Hurrah! :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:37:57 am by Indricotherium »
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Barrel Roll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, hospital sleeps 16, 9 beds are filled.

Thanks for pointing me to this, I'm new to using the Bug Tracker. I'll give that a whirl and update.

EDIT: W00t! As soon as the bars were built under the Captain he stopped spamming. Then the spear-dwarf when his bars were built as well. They both staggered to their feet and headed for the hospital, though the Captain with that spear wound in his throat collapsed a few times on the way. They're there now resting. Now all I have to do is rebuild the military from scratch! Hurrah! :)

I had the same problem and the vertical bars fixed it perfectly. Thanks!

GannonDorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Ganondorf wasn't a gerudo... he was a dwarf!
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded Soldiers lying unrecovered, constantly interrupted by captured Gob
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:09 am »

Same problem as OP, thanks for the help. Vertical bars fixed it up.
Urist McHandsome cancels Clothe Self: Too sexy for this shirt
Urist McHandsome cancels Clothe Self: Too sexy for this shirt
Urist McHandsome gives in to the pain!