Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Adopting the locals...  (Read 7161 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adopting the locals...
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »

feels good man.
that's what she said.

That is NOT what she said, good sir, i was there and I know what happened.

Anyway, on topic, i tried training these guys to fight(i actually gave them [TRAINABLE] too so they did double damage, i was worried they wouldn't properly drink water anymore, however they probably functioned better as war Tigermen than as stray ones) by dropping unarmed/armored goblins into a room with them while they were chained but they totally ignored them and the war elephants flipped out and crushed all the prisoners.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 04:14:39 pm »

Then, one of the stray Tigermen arrived and started scratching and shaking the giant, and when the giant fell in a cage trap, the Tigerman had become high master fighter and wrestler (and dabbling biter), and was not hurt by the monster.

I hadn't noticed, but now, this tigerman is my major !

He is competent in his nine social skills. My precedent major was an ex-child which just had become an adult.
Those lazy creatures are in fact preparing their rise to power while honest dwarves are working.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:53 pm »

At least your mayor is tame!
Thin what could happen if a wild animal leveled up their social skills enough!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 11:30:29 pm »

At least your mayor is tame!
Thin what could happen if a wild animal leveled up their social skills enough!

MANDATE: Dwarf Meat Roasts 0/3
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 02:39:46 pm »

My mayor needs mayor appartments, but I connot assign it to her (it's a Tigerwoman).
From the nobles screen, she appears in the 'r'eplace menu for the mayor position, and there, I can 'v'iew the unit, like normal dwarves.

She has 5 children: She, She, She, She, and She:

She killed a giant (scratched a wounded giant before it got trapped and died in the cage):

And she only messes with other tigerpeople (where we learn that She #4 should be He):
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 03:05:03 pm »

Can you assign the tigerman to noble posisions or place them into the army?
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 12:10:41 pm »

No. She only appears in the potential mayor list because she is the current mayor. I guess that I will not be able to choose her once she will have left her position. She's not in the 'p'ositions list in the military screen.
Don't quote me on that.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2010, 06:48:51 pm »

No. She only appears in the potential mayor list because she is the current mayor. I guess that I will not be able to choose her once she will have left her position. She's not in the 'p'ositions list in the military screen.

Is she on the captains list in the noble screen? ("Tigers don't follow... we only lead!")
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 02:02:17 pm »

Is she on the captains list in the noble screen?

No.
Don't quote me on that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]