Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Gladiator Arena- Main post (Fighting 1st arena battle)  (Read 5575 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator Arena- Main post
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 02:54:40 pm »

You've got the strength for a 2H Axe, so I don't see the problem.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 09:44:55 pm »

As we've just started Ill give Sun Tzu's Academy until tomorrow to declare a gladiator, else we move on with the start of the match.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 09:53:49 pm »

Soldier shall enter with two 1h axes, or a 2h axe.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 07:06:14 am »

Oh....
Heres something I didn't even know I was in. Was there ever anything said to the people on this waiting list of yours???

School Name: The Shadows Cloak. (Daggers included)
School Colour: Grey
Gladiator Name: Talkido
Gladiator Race: Elf
Gladiator Stats: Str: 10 Dex: 14 MP: 10

Also, Kashyyk, you know your missing the third y in your name. Just in case no one has picked you up on it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:59 am »

They have indeed, but I've been using this name for about 6 years now, and I can't be bothered to change it.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 12:17:03 pm »

Heres something I didn't even know I was in. Was there ever anything said to the people on this waiting list of yours???
Also, Kashyyk, you know your missing the third y in your name. Just in case no one has picked you up on it...

Ahem...
I sign this Gladiator to battle under my name and bring me Glory and Gold, which ever comes first...

Working on setting up the first turn now, Neyvn, I'm assuming you'll want in the first fight, what weapons?

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2010, 09:52:51 pm »

OK, battle status and opening map for beginning of battle posted on first page.

Submit all orders by PM to me, Ill fight out the first few turns then post a narrative of the results here.

Tips for order submission, be as specific as you want to be in the PM, I will be fighting with your gladiator as you instruct me to. So include how you want to move, conditionals, whatever you think I need to know when fighting with your guy.
The more specific, yet concise orders you give, the better chance of him doing what you want.

Don't forget to tell me what disposition you want me to start your fighter in, that will also guide me on how to fight with him.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »

Ahem...
I sign this Gladiator to battle under my name and bring me Glory and Gold, which ever comes first...

Working on setting up the first turn now, Neyvn, I'm assuming you'll want in the first fight, what weapons?

Well What I mean is that I never knew about THIS thread...

Lets see... How do weapons work with 'buying' them again??? //goes and reads the first post again...//

Ok then... Javelin, Large Shield, Dagger
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:00:42 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator Arena- Main post (Waiting for battle turn 1 orders)
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 08:23:45 am »

Bump.

You can jump in on the next battle Neyvn, you won't really be missing a huge amount in terms of progress.

I have one set of orders in, waiting on the other 4. As soon as I get them in, Ill play them out then give you guys the summary.

You may want to save the link to the main page of this thread now and then, due to the PM nature of the orders, it may drop off the front page occasionally.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 11:24:00 am »

Okay - I think I sent in my orders now? Let me know if they were received :)

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 11:36:59 am »

Recieved, waiting on 2 more.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 01:32:40 pm »

Sent.

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:04 pm »

Just a note, and most of you already did this. Make sure you add the name of your gladiator in your orders, as later on you'll probably be controlling more than one.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »

sent

Knight85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 03:17:05 pm »

Battle map and status updated
A horn is sounded and the battle begins.

Soldier and Sven immediately charge after each other, suddenly soldier stops just short of Sven's charging range and chucks an axe, but Sven easily dodges the Axe.
Soldier backs up and equips his 2nd axe and readies himself for Sven. Sven advances to engagement range as the two become locked in combat.. Will they fight it out, or will one of them attempt to take the fight to the ground with his wrestling skills.. only time will tell.

Elsewhere, Sergius slowly advances upon Lon under his shield, as he gets closer, Lon doesn't budge and calmly fires off two arrows towards Sergius. The first one is dodged, and the second just barely deflects off his shield.  Sergius is now within engagement range, (but not charging)

Meanwhile Cor stayed in his starting corner and safely observed the beginning of the battle, he receives a smattering of boos from the crowd.

*Just a few notes* Advancing while ready to dodge causes you to advance at 1/2 MP, the same range as a charge. Also remember that all of your movement points are reduced by 2 points because of your full leather armor. You can advance your full MP to engage  your enemy, but give your enemy a free hit if he hasn't yet moved. So to charge, your go at half your MP.

Feel free to ask any questions you have here, and discuss the battle so far. Send in your PMs with your updated orders.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:21:08 pm by Knight85 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5