Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forging Electrum Crafts  (Read 637 times)

Tsuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forging Electrum Crafts
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:51:37 am »

I want to forge electrum crafts at my magma forge but they won't work on it.

• I got legendary in blacksmithing in one dwarf with blacksmithing enabled.
  • I also got legendary in metal crafting in another dwarf with metal crafting enabled.
  • I also got like 100 Electrum Bars ready for forging.

Why won't they start making electrum crafts?
To make them start i had to lower my workshop labor level to DABBLING, and even if a legendary dwarf works it
he will only make dabbling-level crafts with no exceptional or masterful or even FINE  :'(

For the record i have made other stuff out of the magma forges i have, so it is not like i'm out of magma or something.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:04:20 am by Tsuko »

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forging Electrum Crafts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:41:02 am »

The workshop profile min/max being off is a known bug.  Electrum crafts should use the metal crafting skill, so try removing the skill requirement but setting the forge to be usable only by your legendary metal crafter, and see if you get high quality electrum crafts.

Tsuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:29:46 am »

Wow it worked IMMEDIATELLY well he isn't legendary now that i looked at him, he is master metal crafter (level 13 compared to legendary 16+)  but close enough (i get mostly superior to masterful crafts now)

Still even if i set the magma forge labor requirement to novice minimum it didn't work earlier, only dabbling, so i guess its bugged.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:02:57 am by Tsuko »

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:28:57 am »

Wow it worked IMMEDIATELLY well he isn't legendary now that i looked at him, he is master metal crafter (level 13 compared to legendary 16+)  but close enough (i get mostly superior to masterful crafts now)

Still even if i set the magma forge labor requirement to novice minimum it didn't work earlier, only dabbling, so i guess its bugged.

It's definitely bugged, but if he is a master metal crafter, setting the minimum and maximum to High Master, iirc, should let him work there.  Essentially, the labor requirements are off by one, and I think it's that the requirement is actually one lower than it read (setting it to a range from just below master to just above master should definitely let him work there).