Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17544 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2010, 07:28:28 am »

The fleet could use a carrier with some other support abilities

"What a glorious battle that was, pity Tornis got destroyed, at least the ramming was a good move"
While Dwight walked around the ship he tought, what should we get next, everyone seems to be bulking up their ships with extra armour, cowards, how can you kill with armour, the only protection we need is guns, so we can blow them up before they shoot at us.

On the next upgrade time i will take some more railguns
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2010, 07:33:41 am »

On the next upgrade time i will take some more railguns

You really like your railguns, don't you? >_>

I'll give you a full-damage one the next time you get upgrades, ie, after the next battle.

It's too bad your side doesn't really have anything resembling a carrier. I suppose they could buy the Thonius design from the New Theocracy,
but they can't really afford it, especially not after this war.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2010, 07:34:47 am »

(Hurray for suicide maneuvers! Could you tell me which ship 'picked up' (as in RP purposes) the escape pods?)
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2010, 07:36:43 am »

(Hurray for suicide maneuvers! Could you tell me which ship 'picked up' (as in RP purposes) the escape pods?)

Probably the Will of Iron, commanded by 'Needle' (she's an NPC), as she was the nearest.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2010, 07:42:51 am »

I assume that means you'll RP her, if she's RPed at all.
Oh, and I did like that you backed me up by having me 'do a suicide run'. Fits me (and my character) well.

Will of Iron. The first person he sought out in the crowd of mixed crews was Mason.
"You'll tell Command that I want my ship rebuilt.. That, and I want those fucking back turrets back with improved turning rate. I've.. Got the designs here." Handing the designs to Mason, he sent him off into the crowd, then quickly trying to disappear into the crowd. At all costs, he wanted to avoid having to talk to the captain of the ship, and preferably its crew as well. He brought a hand up to his face, nervously chewing on his forefinger for a moment, leaving a slightest wound, then starting to mumble to himself. "I can do it.. I can- Oh fuck, nevermind. I blew up. I'm done for.."

(If we're allowed to upgrade (I'm not sure if we are), then I'll double the turning rate of the back turrets as an upgrade.)
(Question: Is the cursing excessive? I'm not sure whether it is..)

Tornis II Blueprints
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:10:54 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2010, 08:42:39 am »

I might actually RP her later, but nah, she's not going to be RP'd right now. Note that a Nex is quite small, and cramped even with a standard crew. With your crew there as well,
it's almost impossible to get anywhere on the ship. So, nobody's happy. Expect fights to break out between/amongst the crews.

Cursing isn't excessive, don't worry. Also, no, you don't get upgrades now. (Just bolding that so everyone notices)
But as it's a new ship, I'm letting it go.

This time.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:44:22 am by Digital Hellhound »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:35 am »

I actually meant for the next time we get those upgrades. :P
Anyways, fights will indeed probably break out. I mean, with me as captain.. The crew can be no else than aggressive!
I'm leaving possible fighting open to you, though. I've done my share of RP already.

So when's the next mission?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2010, 08:54:19 am »

I actually meant for the next time we get those upgrades. :P
Anyways, fights will indeed probably break out. I mean, with me as captain.. The crew can be no else than aggressive!
I'm leaving possible fighting open to you, though. I've done my share of RP already.

So when's the next mission?

Patience, young one.
Besides, Needle would probably be starting these fights. Goddamn outsiders, filling her ship. She should really teach them a lesson. With a robotic arm, no less!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2010, 08:56:45 am »

Hehe.
I'd probably seek her out then, contrary to what I'm doing now. And when I find her, hell will break loose! (If she's got a robotic arm, I'll probably take the first hit and have my arm shattered, but how does that relate to the issue?!)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2010, 09:03:02 am »

Mechanical arms are awesome. If you say otherwise, Needle here will punch straight through your weak flesh.

Of course, because the Will of Iron was the third ship in the Trio in the battle of Prospero, she (and her crew) might actually like you. You beat back a larger force together, that's gotta improve her opinion of you.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2010, 09:07:51 am »

Mechanical arms are awesome. If you say otherwise, Needle here will punch straight through your weak flesh.

Of course, because the Will of Iron was the third ship in the Trio in the battle of Prospero, she (and her crew) might actually like you. You beat back a larger force together, that's gotta improve her opinion of you.

I also rammed my ship into the enemy, she shouldn't dare forget that!

Edit: Of course that could also be regarded as plain stupid and foolish.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:11:51 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2010, 09:17:28 am »

Well, it was a Destroyer. Even though it wasn't very powerful in-game, it's still supposed to be a very dangerous (and expensive) ship, and the Remnant Fleets can't really build/buy a new one just like that.
Good your Tornis was just a frigate, your side couldn't afford anything bigger either.

Also, any name suggestions for your side? I'm getting tired of calling it just that. Going by Fortis's ideas, they're trying to rebuild the military and are, naturally, very
military-oriented.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2010, 09:19:55 am »

What about 'Earth Liberation Force' until we liberate our homeworlds from the past?
Nah. Probably bad.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:57 am »

Some sort of alliance or something along those lines.
Also on the railguns, i consider them the most powerfull (and awesome) ballistic weapon a frigate can mount so i will tend to use them alot, besides them some beam weapons perhaps and support systems
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:14 am »

I just found out that the Tornis can easily destroy a default Alien Dreadnought.
Does that mean that it is strong, or isn't it that special?

And yes, some sort of 'alliance', 'union' or 'federation' always seems to work out well.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22