Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17541 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2010, 01:35:51 am »

Damn, I didn't get my RP up! Sorry ;_;

Also, Is it possible for me to get something that'll make my ship maneuverable, like extra thrusters or something?

Extra turning rate or speed, I guess. Pick either one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2010, 01:37:25 am »

I guess speed would be better; I'll be able to maneuver past the lumbering ships with ease, or beat a hasty retreat.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2010, 01:58:22 am »

You might want to invest in some PD-guns as well when the next upgrades come. Shooting down all those nasty projectiles could save your life.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2010, 03:13:10 am »

You do that.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2010, 03:16:58 am »

I'll try to remember that.

By the way, extra speed does come with the downside that you also reach the enemy first. This isn't much of a problem with one or two enemies, but when fighting an armada...
BUT NO CHANGING ANYMORE

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2010, 03:21:21 am »

DAMMNIT

Just make it focus on flanking and stuff.

KEEP CALLAHAN ALIVE
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2010, 03:27:46 am »

DAMMNIT

Just make it focus on flanking and stuff.

KEEP CALLAHAN ALIVE

Yeah, don't worry, unless there is a major fleet battle (like what just happened), I can (usually) get the Lucky Punk to safety in time.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2010, 04:50:22 am »

Command's organizing a massive fleet operation against Procyon. It might be the largest fleet engagement your side has ever seen, with almost a hundred ships participating - and that's for your side only. If you win, Procyon's mines will prove invaluable and grant you a powerful presence in the Core Worlds, pushing the Remnant Fleets out of there at the same time.
It will be an incredible experience, and all participants will be praised as heroes for years to come.

Of course, you're not going there at all.

Instead, you're launching a surprise attack on the planet of Judgement while it's defenders are at Procyon, overwhelm it's garrison force and clear way for troop transports to invade the planet itself.
There should be little resistance, but be cautious. Judgement is known to be fiercely pro-Remnant.

---

As expected, there is only a small garrison force in orbit. This shouldn't be so hard.
How will you advance?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2010, 05:01:23 am »

Just rush 'em.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2010, 05:21:55 am »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2010, 05:25:00 am »

He kicked his foot against the wall, frustrated. "Just when there's a big nice battle going on, we're sent to this fucking hellhole! Alright, Lewis.." He turned to face his second in command.
"My name's Mason.."
"I know, Lewis. Now go get the ship and the crew ready. Hostiles inbound, and I think we can simply rush them."
Mason sighed.
"Okay, it's Mason. I know. Now go get the fucking crew ready."
"Yes, Sir.."
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2010, 06:26:30 am »

A simple garrison force; the Fleet can take on them easily. No need for complex tactics.
You charge up your engines, heading for the planet.

The first surprise comes from the asteroid fields. Upon entering, a few dozen ship signatures suddenly appear, and a swarm of what look like mining vessels with a few metal plates planted on open fire. Their mining lasers, normally designed for cutting asteroids open, now dance across your shields.

The Fleet slows down, powering up weapons.

The garrison force strikes while they’re preoccupied, their more powerful weapons wreaking havoc on your already-weakened shields.

The Avalanche tries desperately to get out of the asteroid field. With no predecided plan, everyone fights on their own. The Remnant force, however, moves as one, concentrated fire hammering your ships.

Finally, DEATHSHIP and the Rorscharch form up and start working together. They move on with the [í]Hand of Doom[/i], drowning a Remnant frigate in ammunition.

Sensors then pick up a Hellhound Destroyer and it becomes apparent the Remnant Fleets knew you were coming.

The Remnant force turns their attention to the most dangerous opponents; DEATHSHIP and the Rorscharch. Fortunately, the Purgatory moves to aid them, followed close behind by the now-repaired Redemption.

The Hellhound in turn moves to stop them, but the Redemption’s new armour plating shows it’s worth, taking in most of her assault.

The Avalanche’s foolish charge did not end well; she returns as a wreck, the Tornis moving up to cover her back.
The Purgatory and the Redemption single-handedly force the Hellhound back; unfortunately, straight into the asteroid field.
The Tornis quickly switches targets, supported by the Will of Iron and the Lucky Punk.

The Fleet is showing military discipline again; they work together, focusing their fire and supporting eachother.
A Hammerhead Attack Frigate goes through to the Hellhound’s aid, but the Fleet pursues and flanks them.

Unfortunately for them, another Hammerhead appears from behind them, forcing them to switch targets and fire back, leaving the Tornis and the Nex’s vulnerable.

The Lucky Punk realizes the Hammerhead disturbing the circle needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible, and, with her upgraded engines, charges through the asteroid field,  passing the Hammerhead and turning around to open fire at her back.
Caught in a crossfire, it has no chance.

Back in the asteroid field, the Will of Iron and the Tornis have a hard time keeping the enemy at bay without the other Nex.
Caesar realizes they need to take the Hellhound down before it does any more damage.

Even if that means abandoning the Tornis.

He channels all power to engines and puts the ship on collision course with the Remnant Destroyer, getting in the escape pods with his crew.
The Hellhound realizes too late what’s happening, and it’s desperate barrage doesn’t even slow down the Tornis.
Both disappear in a massive ball of fire.

With the Destroyer gone, the Fleet finishes off any survivors and then calls Command.
The invasion force is called off when they hear of the size of the defense force, fearing  more enemy troops on the planet aswell.
You, extremely frustrated for being forced to fight for nothing, have to head back home.
The battle for Procyon is still ongoing, but you're sent back to Prospero. You will probably hear about it later.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2010, 06:32:18 am »

Caesar, I have no idea what happened to the Tornis. >_>
One moment it was there, light-to-moderate damage, then there was only debris. I wasn't looking at the asteroid field much at the end, but how can you miss something like that? Seriously...
I hope this end was good enough for her. You can pick a new ship, of course, or have Command build you a Tornis II.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2010, 07:10:09 am »

Well I will try and build an Ally ship later if that's ok...
Any Weapon Limits???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2010, 07:22:12 am »

Well I will try and build an Ally ship later if that's ok...
Any Weapon Limits???

Well, that kinda depends on the ship type you're trying to build. If it's a battleship, go wild. If it's a simple frigate, only a few weak guns.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22