Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17489 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:03 am »

Anyways, update coming up later today. I tested out the battle last night and it was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the pirates were beaten back the moment the Avalanche arrived, so I'm going to decrease the number of allies on the map. The big pirate ship also needs fixing, probably more health.

How'd the Tornis do?

Also, how does making one-shots on daily life onboard the Nex-Class Support Frigate The Lucky Punk sound?

I'd also like to post updates about the life onboard the Tornis.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 07:40:38 am »

It arrived late because of my group order to move up somehow messed up the pathfinding of the ships, so I can't say.

Real update coming right up.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010, 07:43:55 am »

Yayy
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2010, 08:12:24 am »

Hurray!

I'm betting that my ship gets stuck up between crossfire, and that I die whilst evacuating my crew.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2010, 09:05:13 am »

The Scorpion squadrons are already at the scene, but they do not fare well.

Thanatos’s join the battle, launching volleys of missiles after the attackers.

A Nex reaches the combat, but comes under attack by two stolen pirate Thanatos’s.
A swarm of interceptors surround the allied Thanatos’s, while the Nex returns fire.

Caesar and his new ship, Tornis, is the first of the Fleet’s ships to reach the scene, and he puts his new guns to use.

The rest of the Fleet joins in a moment later; Rorscharch, the Hand of Doom and the Chimera, now with a new Captain target the pirate Battlebarge, led by the smaller Thanatos,
called DEATHSHIP by it’s Captain.
The Lucky Punk and it’s fellow Nex attack from the side.

The attackers finally get through theTornis’ shields, and a large part is blown straight off.
Captain Argunn tells the Tornis to put some distance between herself and the enemy, but Caesar doesn’t move far.

The Lucky Punk moves up and around the Battlebarge, opening fire on the weakly-armoured back.

With fire coming from both sides, the Battlebarge doesn’t last long.
Seeing as Battlebarge’s often contain the pirate leaders, it’s a key component to a pirate force.
With it gone, any signs of discipline and tactics disappear entirely.

The last pirate ships try to get away, but now find themselves in the crosshairs of the entire defensive fleet.

Boom.

So that's it. The 7th Fleet lost no ships, but out of all the other shipyard defenders, only two survived, a Thanatos and a Watchman. They will be joining the Fleet shortly.

Command praises the Fleet for saving the Shipyards, then promptly orders them down to Prospero, which is revolting against it's Remnant Fleet owners, wanting to join you.
Ships from both sides are present, and Command believes things could get ugly soon. Prospero is one of the only Core Worlds the Remnant Fleets own, and thus has a population of several millions.
You're to head there and join the forces already present. The government fears a real war, but you'll have to hope it doesn't come to that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:51:27 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2010, 09:08:01 am »

The tail got shot off again, didn't it?

And I did get caught up in crossfire, right?!
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2010, 09:15:10 am »

Also, the Fleet right now;

SHIPS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The tail got shot off again, didn't it?

And I did get caught up in crossfire, right?!

You were only fired upon from one side, but then, pretty much everybody was shooting at you once that allied Nex was destroyed. >_>
And yeah, your tail got shot off.

EDIT: And no, you don't get upgrades now.
One thing I have to say about this battle though; the Avalanche and the Purgatory both took so long to get to the battle, it was already (almost) over when they did.
Also, blegh, I should've fixed the Battlebarge for this battle. It has the same problem as my work-in-progress Battleship; it's pretty much dead when one specific section gets destroyed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:21:16 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2010, 09:19:27 am »

One thing I have to say about this battle though; the Avalanche and the Purgatory both took so long to get to the battle, it was already (almost) over when they did.

That's a hint. We're to increase their speed next time we get to upgrade our ships.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2010, 09:20:40 am »

Well you can't do that to the Purgatory, so it looks like you're forever going to be stuck with one slow ship.
Also, they would've arrived earlier but I somehow managed to get them first go to the edge of the map, then up. >_>

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2010, 09:26:03 am »

Then again the Thanatos ships look cool. Given that the purgatory ships are so slow, could I get one of the Thanatos ships instead?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 09:29:12 am »

Then again the Thanatos ships look cool. Given that the purgatory ships are so slow, could I get one of the Thanatos ships instead?

Then again, the Thanatos only have two missile batteries and two flare guns, which fool the target's PD defenses. It's actually quite an effective combo, but still).
Besides, if you get a Purgatory-ship, you can upgrade it, remember?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2010, 09:31:05 am »

Yeah, nevermind, I'll stick with a purgatory ship.

Captain Sibrek Urdimsat sat in the captains chair of his ship, the Redemption. Being a short, broad man blessed with a thick beard, some called him the Dwarf, but only once to his face. He looked over the readouts that the men and women, and the occasional alien brought to his attention. “Aye, the attack failed. I told the lot of them that it was suicidal.” Sibrek said, glancing over them. The other pirates had wanted his ship to come with, but looking over the forces that had been arrayed against them, it wouldn’t have made any difference anyway.

“What now?” A voice asked to the side.

“After that attack, the militia will be out for pirate blood.” Sibrek said, thoughtful for a moment. “And now, we have no fleet. But we never did like flying under a pirate flag anyway, did we lads? Not theirs anyway. Signal up their fleet, and tell them we’d like to negotiate. After all, if you can’t beat them, join them.”

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:49:36 am by Fortis »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2010, 09:56:39 am »

Cursing he walked in circles on board of the 'Tornis'. "You're telling me that the entire back end was blown off?" He grit his teeth, staring into the eyes of his first mate. "You're telling me something that I already know! Now go get it fixed." A lot milder he then added: "I am proud of you, crew." Without further ado he turned his back to the crew again, racing off to his quarters. He found the room empty, except for a improvised bed. He pondered adding more comfort to his quarters, almost regretting the fact that he gave his crew bunks and their own personal small chests.

He liked chests, they gave him that adventurous feeling, from when he was still a child, playing 'pirates' with his brothers and sister.

"If only the real pirates were as fun and harmless.." He sighed, slumping down against the wall, starting to sob.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2010, 10:08:00 am »

Fortis, I'm gonna assume that he names the new Purgatory-like ship he gets also Redemption, because as I said in the first post, the Purgatory is the second one of those ever built. >_>
Still, I like your ex-pirate-guy. He better have participated in atleast two dozen important battles and have tons of experience, because there's no way they're giving me command of a new prototype ship otherwise.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2010, 12:03:04 pm »

...I have half a mind to make a Battleships Forever game of my own.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22