Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17484 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:48 pm »

So.. If I'd make my turrets more capable at reach, would that cost much of my upgrade for the upcoming fight?

You'd have to drop a few guns if you increase the range of the rest, but please. Can't you just wait until this mission is over, atleast?

Sure, I can wait. By the way, what are the goals, ambitions, and allegiance of this unnamed human faction?

Yeaaah... because it didn't exist before this, I'm not sure. Get humanity back as a spacefaring race, I guess.
They're on more or less friendly terms with the two other human factions, and naturally have good relations with the alien Alliance.
You could think something up, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:52:06 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:21 pm »

Anyway, from what you described, and what my impressions are, they seem to be a sort of militia and vigilante group. Maybe with some actual remnants of the military at the command. With the general goal of securing humanity's space and rebuilding it's military.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2010, 10:59:15 pm »

Anyway, from what you described, and what my impressions are, they seem to be a sort of militia and vigilante group. Maybe with some actual remnants of the military at the command. With the general goal of securing humanity's space and rebuilding it's military.

This is how I sorta see them.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:38 pm »

That sounds pretty good. However, the remnants of the military can't be in charge, because it's been several hundreds of years since humanity even had a military.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2010, 11:14:29 pm »

I missed that. Then it's just an effort to rebuild the military, maybe with the secret or unconscious desire to return to the 'glory days' or something. Heh, might lead to the group trying to steal ships from the pirates and others. They might even get a bit of less than legal help, or ex pirates who wanted to take up a more noble cause who could use their skill.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2010, 11:21:15 pm »

I missed that. Then it's just an effort to rebuild the military, maybe with the secret or unconscious desire to return to the 'glory days' or something. Heh, might lead to the group trying to steal ships from the pirates and others. They might even get a bit of less than legal help, or ex pirates who wanted to take up a more noble cause who could use their skill.

That's possible. They could either hire pirates/ex-pirates or the Blood Pact, who are a mercenary organization, mostly made up of one specific alien race.
They're all elites, but hiring them won't be cheap.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:58 pm »

Given as resource strapped as they are, I doubt they'd want to spend it on mercenaries. But pirates might come cheaper, or maybe forgiveness of crimes might be a way to get them to our side. But they'd make up a small (if useful) minority. Most of them I can see as civilians joining who want some action, or want to serve their race.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2010, 11:59:36 pm »

Anyways, update coming up later today. I tested out the battle last night and it was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the pirates were beaten back the moment the Avalanche arrived, so I'm going to decrease the number of allies on the map. The big pirate ship also needs fixing, probably more health.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 01:16:40 am »

Wait, so you can modify the stuff in game? Cooool.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 01:19:22 am »

Wait, so you can modify the stuff in game? Cooool.

Well yeah, everything but three of the pirate ships are my own creations.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:16 am »

awesome. I so want this.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:59 am »

Well go on and download it; http://www.wyrdysm.com/games.php

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 01:23:55 am »

Nah, I'm not allowed to DL games on this computer. It's shared. :P

Also, how does making one-shots on daily life onboard the Nex-Class Support Frigate The Lucky Punk sound?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 01:25:02 am »

Uhh... go ahead, I guess. >_>

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 01:26:53 am »

I'm that bored. Besides, I do need to practice writing.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22