Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17455 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 10:06:01 am »

What about a curve? Main firepower in the middle, supportive fire on the sides.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 10:34:03 am »

The base is only lightly defended, which is quite odd. The main bulk of pirate forces seems to have left. Maybe a large-scale raid?

Captain Argunn orders up a formation, threating to unleash the guns of the Avalanche on anyone who won’t follow orders.
The Fleet moves into position as well as they can.

The first line; The Lucky Punk, another Nex and Captain Harene’s Watchman, hammer the undefended back of the pirate base.
The middle section handles anyone who tries to disrupt them, with Captain Argunn also providing long-range fire support.

A stolen Thanatos-class patrol ship in turn hammers the first section’s shields, but she doesn’t last long when the Avalanche spots her.

Everybody moves up now that the base is exposed, more or less in formation.

However, the Scorpion moves too far up, and gets caught in crossfire from the other side of the base and a weapons platform.
Dagger One shares his friend’s fate, but atleast the debris from the ship crash into the base, breaking off some parts.

There’s nothing more to than watch the base burn.

And burn.

Captain Argunn comes over the comm. He says the next week will be hell for you, with constant combat training and simulations. Then he adds he’s proud of you, and you head home.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:41:18 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 10:46:52 am »

I'd like some shields please. For the Avalanche to be an effective flagship, it needs to be able to soak up damage. Also, if it can bulletsponge, we may not lose as many ships next mission.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 10:48:07 am »

Yeah, do what Spartan did, just say what kind of upgrades you want. You can pick two.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 10:49:29 am »

Would I be allowed to make a ship myself with the program you're using? I promise it won't be too.. Strong.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 10:52:05 am »

Ehh, only if it'd have the exact same stats as the Watchman here, but I'd prefer if you didn't. Still, if you have some great idea, do go on and send it to me somehow. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:59:25 am by Digital Hellhound »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 10:56:35 am »

Hmm.. Nevermind. I don't know the exact Watchman stats.

Anyways, if we're getting something new, let me spend all on making sure that my ship can withstand damage.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:58 am »

I can tell you the Watchman stats, silly.

HP: 400
AI Range: 450
AI Type: Normal AI
Acceleration: 0.05
Max Speed: 2.00
Turnrate: 0.75

Spartan, I increased your total health and added some Deflectors on your ship. They defend a section of your ship until their energy runs out.

EDIT: Caesar, I'm probably gonna do the same thing to you.

EDIT 2: There you go. Both of you, your new Xarn Solar Engineering Deflector Plates have been installed succesfully, and the new heavy armor is on the way!
Now, Acanthus needs that damage resistance the most, but I'm hoping he'd get something else, like repair nanobots or new guns. (Or, he could take extra health but not the deflectors, thus still affording guns/repair)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:06:27 am by Digital Hellhound »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:54 am »

Hey, can I make the Lucky Punk more agile and more of a CQB ship? Do whatever you need to do, just make it specialize in close combat.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:38 am »

Hey, can I make the Lucky Punk more agile and more of a CQB ship? Do whatever you need to do, just make it specialize in close combat.

Sure, extra speed and turning coming right up! We could also make it a flanking AI, so it wouldn't stand right in front of enemy guns all the time.
It's pretty much already a CQB ship, but I guess I can add some short-range, heavy damage guns to it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:32 am »

Yay! Also, what kinds of weapons are there for a Nex class?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 11:11:44 am »

Yay! Also, what kinds of weapons are there for a Nex class?

No big guns, because it's just a support frigate. TacNuke Launchers are more of a battleship thing. There's so many guns in this game I can't list them all, but just pick a category (fast-firing, long-range, missile, Point Defense, etc, etc)

EDIT: I actually had to edit a long-range gun to a close combat weapon for you.
You now have new Serpent-navigation AI and thrusters, and a Modified Ariake Blaster.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:17:00 am by Digital Hellhound »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 11:16:31 am »

Okay, focus on point defense and fast firing stuff.

Do the weapon's weights affect the speed of a ship?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 11:17:42 am »

Nah.

Do you want me to change that CQB weapon of yours to Point Defense?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:22 am »

No, I would like some versatility in what the Lucky Punk can do. This is pretty rad, man.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22