Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17460 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 12:29:47 pm »

Anne Callahan sighed. They had routed the pirate scum, but at the loss of two fellow ships. She massaged her temples, her eyes closed. She thought that her retinas had the computer's readouts tattooed in them. She looked fondly at her crew. Most of them she knew, from futile campaigns against the Aenar, or on other pirate cleansing runs. The captain looked at herself in the shiny reflection of a metal computer bank. She was a mess, with huge eyebags and her straw-blonde hair falling from its ponytail. She spend hours overseeing the upgrades to the ship, the Lucky Punk as she recalled. What a strange name, she mused, as her slim fingers danced across the keyboards, interfacing with the ship's AI.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »

(Okay, next mission starts. 'Cos I'm probably not going to be updating anymore today, atleast not much, the map can look a bit different next update >_>
I wish you could save in Sandbox)

Alliance Kioa Shipyards

Command has not replied to our reinforcement requests. I'll see if we can snatch some of these Scorpions here, they're not assigned to any unit. I'm actually itching for action, which is surprising. Too bad we're unlikely to see it anytime soon.

In the time of Jump Drives, an enemy can attack anywhere, anytime. However, a minor shipyard at the border of the Aegis Stars wouldn't seem like much of a target.
But the attackers had another reason for coming there.
Revenge.

Guess we found the rest of the pirate force. Or, well, they found us.

Keep the RP coming, me likes!

And yeah, how will you proceed?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:55:22 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 12:55:32 pm »

Noticing the wave of hostile ships, Caesar pondered on how to defeat this menace. His own new ship, Tornis, would be able to at the very least harass the hostiles and pick of the smaller craft. He opened the fleet channel, and proposed this strategy. My fellow captains.. Quite a lot of ships, no? I'm not sure on how to employ all of our ships, but I'd propose that I'll harass the fleet, with you in the main advance. That's.. About everything I can come up with. Caesar out. Did he sound stupid? He wondered. He caught his crew staring at him again, but a slight frown sent them back to their posts. Ready up the weaponry, we're going to have some fun!

(I've already pitted the Tornis against smaller pirate ships, and she seems quite capable to shoot 'em up. I've also got ideas on how to improve her, one major being that I need to increase the area her back turrets can reach.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:58:55 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 01:00:55 pm »

I want moar heavy dual blasters.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 01:02:23 pm »

Anne had been forced to her bunk by the first mate, after hours of running scans on the ship, ensuring that the new weapons were up to date, and that the AI had sync'd with them properly, and made the appropriate adjustments to auto-calibration and tactics. Her boots, blouse and overcoat lay on the small chair in the spartan captain's quarters; Anne lay in bed wearing an undershirt and pants. Her mind still buzzed with all the numbers flying through her head, calculating, approximating, adjusting. She woozily searched for a sedative, her hand flopping against the cool metal surface of the bedside drawer. Her hand closed over the syringe. She was about to plunge the potent cocktail into the small port in her wrist, when red lights flashed and an alarm, the call to arms, sounded. All weariness forgotten, Anne jumped up, slipped on her boots and shirt, and ran to the bridge.

"What's the situation?" Her loyal crew were already there, and the AI was already recalibrating itself, performing billions of calculations a second to ensure maximum fire efficiency.

"Pirates, mam. A lot of them. Her first mate, a man named Sedgefield, looked at her grimly. Not missing a beat, Anne pressed a button, opening the comm channel.

"Deflectors up, all systems are green for activation!"

"Aye-aye, mam!"
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 01:07:22 pm »

Can I join with a Watchman named Rorschach?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:11:46 pm by Ottofar »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 02:25:49 pm »

Oh, i forgot, the name of the ship is Hand of Doom, capitan's name Dwight K. Schrute(not very imaginative, but i like his methods :D)

As the first pirates jumped in Dwight felt a tingling sensation in his stomach, battle, at last.He wanted to try out his new guns so badly, he was itching to rush headlong into the battle.But that was not how he had planned out his battle plans, no his plans were much different, he planned to stay behind showering the enemies with hot metallic death.He opened the comm channels to the other ships:
"This is Dwight K. Schrute speaking, i have decided to provide fire support to you while you rush into your own deaths, i shall stay behind and shower the enemies with hot metallic death while you act as bullet sponges for me.That is all"

As he closed the channel and ordered battle readiness a big grin appeared on his face, this will be very entertaining.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »

Diving entry. Can I use Cronus? Call it DEATHSHIP.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2010, 02:40:42 pm »

Diving entry. Can I use Cronus? Call it DEATHSHIP.

Nah, I'm not using game ships other than the pirate ones. I'll get you either a Thanatos (another support frigate like Nex), a Watchman, a Nex or another ship like the Purgatory.
Or a Scorpion, but with the way they're dying, I wouldn't recommend that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2010, 02:45:35 pm »

Thanatos.

Seriously, Cronus is like a WMD. In fact, it IS a WMD.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

Could I get a ship like the purgatory? Call it the Redemption.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2010, 02:50:38 pm »

Good I didn't give you one, then.

The Thanatos-class isn't as fast as the Nex, but I think it's got more long-range weapons. You'll do fine.

Fortis, sure, but not yet. None of those on this map, you'll get one after this battle.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 02:52:55 pm »

So.. If I'd make my turrets more capable at reach, would that cost much of my upgrade for the upcoming fight?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2010, 03:01:06 pm »

Sure, I can wait. By the way, what are the goals, ambitions, and allegiance of this unnamed human faction?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2010, 06:26:55 pm »

One important thing: If I'm not there during the upcoming fight..

In case my ship gets severely damaged or destroyed, I will attempt to evacuate my entire crew, only leaving when the rest is safe. Of course, I'll do so whilst screaming 'Women and Children first! This captain will only leave an empty ship!" repeatedly.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22