Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17462 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:37 am »

Can i join, i would like a Watchman, and if possible two railguns please :D
It's been awhile since i played BF, was it updated recently because i can't recognize some of the weapons
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:15 am »

What weapons does the Watchman have?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:38 am »

Wait, does the armor count as my second addon?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 11:29:39 am »

Wait, does the armor count as my second addon?

Because I ended up giving Acanthus so much stuff, no. You and Caesar can both choose something else as well.

And Caesar, just pick a category. It has some good guns, but it's just a frigate. Again, nothing superheavy.

Jopax, I wouldn't know about that, I discovered this game just this week. And pick another upgrade as well.

EDIT: Clarification: Acanthus got his PD guns
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 11:33:44 am »

So the standard directives for the Lucky Punk is to either flank the bigger, slower ships, or to lead the charge against weaker things. I've never played this game before, so please, tell me if anything's wrong with this.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 11:34:26 am »

I'm off for a while now, so in any combat situations: I'll follow any non-suicidal orders.

Edit:

Tornis
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How about this? If it's not okay I'll swap the Autocannons for GatBlasters. I'll have to find a way to upload it, though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:48:09 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:44 am »

Ok then slap on a gluon bolter if it's possible, i think im gonna go with a fire support role
AS - IG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 11:46:58 am »

Jopax, I'm afraid I had to cut your railgun's range. Something that powerful with 850-range on a frigate? Yeah, not going to happen. Still, if you get in close, that's huge damage right there.

So you got a railgun and a gluon bolter. (I know I'm going to regret this though >_>)

EDIT: Caesar, seeing as you have those deflectors but not a health upgrade, I'm gonna give you all those nice little guns. We'll imagine you spent that second upgrade on guns.
Try to find a way to upload, until then you're stuck with your Chimera.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:52:27 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 12:04:57 pm »

Wow, this is awesome. I might be doing some RP... I'm dead bored.

I mean, nothing really big, maybe some background, crew interactions and whatnot.

Is there any reliable backstory I can see?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 12:12:02 pm »

I'm using a slightly-modified universe of mine for the setting.
Basically, humans started expanding to the stars (for some reason, under a theocracy). They colonized a lot of systems, but eventually encountered a hostile alien race called the Aenar.
Humans were enslaved for a couple hundred years, got freed by an alliance of other alien races. The Aenar have retreated to a few human worlds, but so far, all attacks have failed.
Anyways, there are three major human factions, the Remnant Fleets, military who fled into a very unstable and dangerous zone of space, the New Theocracy, basically
people who want to reconstruct the Old Theocracy, and the unnamed human faction which you are playing, mainly because I didn't want you to play religious zealots or use the Remnant Fleets' ramshackle ships >_>

Of course, you can just ignore that all and think up your own, because that setting doesn't really fit well with this game.

But now, let me get the next mission started.

EDIT: At some point in this game we'll be participating in a new attack on an Aenar-controlled planet. It will be... magnificent.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:14:14 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »

Hey, what if the third faction is the result of all these normal citizens banding together to survive? Maybe they're the current government, or they are descendants of the survivors?

I will stick with the setting you used, but with minor tweaks and holes that I will fill in. :3
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 12:19:02 pm »

Hey, i want it to have a big range, scale down it's damage or rate of fire, but i want it to be an artillery weapon
AS - IG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20:36 pm »

Hey, i want it to have a big range, scale down it's damage or rate of fire, but i want it to be an artillery weapon

Fine, fine. Lower damage it is.

EDIT: I don't even want to know what Caesar has done to his ship. It's real size is quite tiny, but when it jumped, the jump thing-y covered half of the map. Seriously, wut?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:25:38 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 12:23:50 pm »

I'll do some RP to accompany my newly accepted design.

Caesar smiled, having finally done something he had always stalled in his short career: He had asked for one of his designs to be built. Sure, it was nothing much, but they even thought him able enough to command it! He looked at his crew, moving his hand through his rough beard. Would they be able to effectively use it? Probably not, but that doesn't matter! His crew looked at him, and he frowned. What are you staring at? Never heard a man talking to himself? He smiled at them, a friendly, but strict smile. Get to your work!
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22