Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17519 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2010, 12:45:44 pm »

Well the general idea was to slow projectiles down so others can more easily pick them off, but i could take some pulse guns or point beams.Also i think impeders are always active but just slow eight projectiles at a time.And yeah if you want make me an ally, give it a support AI that engages at long-medium ranges

I gave you a long AI Range, so it will spot enemies from further away and shoot from a distance.

ExKirby; http://www.imagehost.org/
You can upload ships there. (Haven't tried it, but it's possible)
Gimme your Blanker.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:31 pm »

“By the gods, that was a close one,” Sibrek mused, sitting in the command chair in the auxiliary bridge in engineering. That was practically all that was left of the Redemption. No shields, no weapons, no scanners, just a mound of scrap iron blasted to pieces around a set of barely functioning engines. He didn’t even trust them, and called a tug to tow them to the fleet as his crew frantically scrambled to make sure that they didn’t vent atmosphere or spontaneously blow up. He would be raising hell with the commanders later.

And he needed to find a way to make sure he wasn’t disarmed so easily next time. Perhaps some extra armor around the perimeter, or maybe a shield generator. And he’d want some better weapons too. An old following of his pirate days stated, ‘The best negotiations occur with a defenseless opponent’. He figured that was true for battles as well. He needed something on this official rig that could pull the fangs of their opponents. He’d request some. Or maybe steal some. Either would work.

Requested (or stolen) upgrades:
Additional sections (preferably a bunch of tiny ones) around the perimeter of the ship to serve as ablative armor.

Additional weapons that can disable enemy weapons temporarily.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2010, 12:57:19 pm »

Requested (or stolen) upgrades:
Additional sections (preferably a bunch of tiny ones) around the perimeter of the ship to serve as ablative armor.

Additional weapons that can disable enemy weapons temporarily.

Only one upgrade this turn, I'm afraid. So, EMP Cannon or the extra armour?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:14 pm »

Blanker.sb2 (68 KB)

Merry Christmas.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:44 pm »

Extra Armor. I'll steal request the EMP cannon later.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2010, 01:03:00 pm »

.sb2? What kind of sick file type is that?

Why does everybody want extra armour now? A health upgrade would basically do the same. (Though there are some weak points in the Redemption, so maybe this is for the best)

EDIT: Eh, beating the Astra'ath isn't as hard as I thought. I only needed three Avalanches, two Thonius Assault Carriers and a shitton of Converted Mining Vessels to bring it down.
>_>

I'll drop it's health a bit, but I've decided that it's fine like it is otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:05:38 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2010, 01:14:53 pm »

Fortis;

The beauty of these ships is lost forever because of your stupid armour plating.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2010, 01:54:42 pm »

SB2 appears to be the file type I save my ships as.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2010, 02:00:06 pm »

Are you sure you have the newest version?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2010, 02:17:02 pm »

“Alright lads! Let’s scram before the officials find us!” Sibrek said, as the tug he and his crew borrowed made off with several crates filled to the brim with new armored starship plating. He had one of his crew, his second in command in fact, a furred alien by the name of Joon connect into the shipyard’s computers and introduce a few system bugs. Nothing too malicious, and they would correct themselves before long, these people were allies after all. But it was enough to let their little tug slip in and drag off the armor. Old habits died hard anyway, and Sibrek had no patience for bureaucrats and their feet dragging and triplicate forms. He’d just as soon get what he needed himself.

<><><><>
“That’s got to be the ugliest ship I’ve ever seen,” Joon commented in a deep rumbling voice, far lower in pitch than anything made by human throats.

“Aye, ain’t pretty, is she?” Sibrek agreed, watching his crew attach the illegally obtained armor to his ship. The job was haphazard, and the plates were welded, bolted, and bonded in place willy nilly, giving the ship a chaotic patched-together look. Not that it looked good anyway after the last battle. “Reminds me of the old Redemption,” Sibrek added, feeling a note of nostalgia. “Besides, she might not look pretty, but that armor will keep us safe. Safer, anyway.”

“You could slap a paint of coat on a waste barge and have it look more like the old Redemption than this flying scrap pile.” Joon added with a snort. “I suppose we’ll just have to make the most of it.”

“Aye. In time, we’ll make her into a good ship. Speaking of which, tell the crew to keep their eyes peeled for any EMP weapons we can liberate in the near future.”

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2010, 02:19:34 pm »

what game is this from?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2010, 02:25:12 pm »

...Pass. I have no idea.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2010, 02:58:13 pm »

Hey, nice avatar.

maxicaxi, it's a game called Battleships Forever. Google it.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2010, 05:01:35 pm »

...Pass. I have no idea.

The new version also has custom sections.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2010, 05:49:31 pm »

Damn, I didn't get my RP up! Sorry ;_;

Also, Is it possible for me to get something that'll make my ship maneuverable, like extra thrusters or something?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22