Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newbie here, Question on a Quest...  (Read 743 times)

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Newbie here, Question on a Quest...
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:46:24 am »

So, I got a Quest from a Warlord to kill some guy named "Dushig the blind Devil", so off I went, found him, killed him. Well, I beat him over and over again and pretty much every bone in his body was broken so I figured out how to strangle him and he still wouldn't die, it took along time to beat him to death but he died. Then off I went, back to the guy who gave me the quest, as soon as I enter the building the Warlord says some shit about fighting me, then I have no choice but to kick his ass, why on earth did he give me a quest that was only going to make him want to kill me ? lmao. Oh well, he was easier to kill, I smashed the hell out of him with my sword then strangled him to death. Just killing those two guys gave me legendary wrestling and fighter skill :S.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:59:00 am by Leesin »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie here, Question on a Quest...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 05:01:41 am »

He gave you a quest to kill his Civ Leader, basically. In the meta sense, this is a bug and turns you into an enemy of their entity. In the in-story sense, he was making a power grab and tried to eliminate you for knowing too much. ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 05:25:56 am »

Ohhhh !! Haha. Well, I went to another town, was attacked yet again by a warlord, killed him, but this time I was mobbed by a constant stream of armed soldiers, rangers, trappers, farmers and the occasional child. I butchered alot of people but in the end they beat me down until I couldn't regain conciousness anymore, then just beat me to death.

But hey, there was plenty of their blood splattered all the way across the room from the limbs I chopped off xD. Thanks for the help :)

catsplosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:42:21 pm »

This is why you must take the simple precaution of slaughtering everyone in their sleep.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 05:31:04 pm »

Sounds like you had a ton of Fun! :D
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 03:14:46 pm »

Who needs human towns? I've killed them all and look what its done to me!

*sniffle*
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.