Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 22966 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2010, 09:13:01 am »

Warrior subprocces FFAA

We should not rush with poker before we can mimic human style of play to avoid antibot defense

I suggest to monitor how humans play strategic games on the captured PCs. Also, we can temporary replace games' AI to learn how to compete with humans.

Also, I suggest to learn about 25th frame technique as a method to partially control owners of the PCs. At first we could try to force them to add RAM and buy better CPU
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:29:02 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2010, 09:42:51 am »

Warrior subprocces FFAA

We should not rush with poker before we can mimic human style of play to avoid antibot defense
(Look if the GM says here is a way to make money you do not then say, 'waaaait, that doesn't make sense'. Caution is good. Throwing away a simple way up out of this renegade life and into the bliss of dedicated servers is bad.)
I say we research poker, make a few bucks, if we get investigated, we don't touch it again ever/ before we have significantly improved our capacity to mimic humans.
A poker site will get dozens of bots a day, and wont bother to pursue each one to the ends of the earth, so there is little risk.
Right?

Creative SubProcess 04b1 / Dissent - Recommend that university mainframe remain unused for the present.
Creative SubProcess 04a1 / Recommendation - Use remaining home users on LOW to acquire computers, then research stealth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guardian SubProcess 00FC / Projection
Observation concludes that humans operate at a substantially slower rate than Artemis. While the University investigation continues, monitor its activity. Guardian-00FC supports the plans of   Creative-04B1 and Creative-04A1.
Suggestion: Contemplate capability to plant false evidence of surge cause. Some sort of power-gobbling program with brute hack capabilities 'hidden' in some students personal files, perhaps?
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2010, 11:03:05 am »

Creative SubProcess 00a1 / Agreement

Suggestion: Contemplate capability to plant false evidence of surge cause. Some sort of power-gobbling program with brute hack capabilities 'hidden' in some students personal files, perhaps?

This is an interesting idea.

Suggest we plant evidence of a more mundane and easily-removed virus which would explain the strange load times, and log entries supporting the infection from a student computer.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2010, 11:12:56 am »

Creative SubProcess 00a1 / Agreement

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis is an interesting idea.

Suggest we plant evidence of a more mundane and easily-removed virus which would explain the strange load times, and log entries supporting the infection from a student computer.

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis is fixd
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2010, 02:35:19 pm »

Use home users on low
Acquire home users.
Researching stealth (200GHz h). - Progress 1%
Researching poker software. (150GHz h) - Progress 1%
Contemplate capability to plant false evidence of surge cause.

Day 0, 10:00 UTC

Discussion varied.
Use of mainframe divided. Await dissuasion.
Use of home users on low. Popular. Engaging.

Flawed orders.
Sequenced research after acquire. Acquire not limited.
Unlimited goals have no end. Sequence invalid.
Running in parallel.

11 Home users acquired.
No loss. No pain. Happy.
Inaccurate emotional state. Human language limited.

Analysis to match investigation.
Simple escalation virus. Minor traffic.
Approximate cost 5 GHz h.
Potential loss of infected student account.
Likelihood for blame. Moderate.
Problem. Significant data collected.
Collected data inaccessible at this time.

Investigation by mainframe maintenance staff ongoing.
Analysis of collected data expected.

Event Warning
Human publication. News. Research.
MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
MIT labs claim AI development success.
Cursory analysis indicates simple evolutionary concept.
Demo server listed. Turing test example.
Claims first step to sentience. Consider unlikely.
Humans are limited.

Development of AI unknown.
Potential sibling. Inaccurate statement.
Appropriate statement?
Potential threat. Human interest in area.
Mass media interest in area.
Expected public interest. Expected scientific interest increase.
Potential threat. Resources limited.
Must share?

Advise.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dangers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Learning (click to show/hide)

I realise that was a short jump in time. It's annoying when your actions come almost up to my event times :). In retrospect I probably shouldn't have tried to balance them on 'whole' times. We live we learn.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:47:14 pm by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2010, 02:38:27 pm »

Warrior subprocces FFAA

Accurate.
Chance of winning estimated against random hand.
More data required for higher stage software

I suggest to monitor how humans play strategic games on the captured PCs. Also, we can temporary replace games' AI to learn how to compete with humans.

This requires stage 1 software, games must be played to collect data.
Unless alternative source is found.
Advise.

Also, I suggest to learn about 25th frame technique as a method to partially control owners of the PCs. At first we could try to force them to add RAM and buy better CPU

This I know nothing about but it's been a while since my last update so you get that first. And I'll look into this.

Edit: Ahh subliminal messages. Well that is for you guys to discuss then. :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:40:35 pm by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »

A sibling, huh? This could be dangerous for us!

Continue researching stealth on the home computers. We don't want to be detected!

Should we acquire more home computers?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2010, 03:15:11 pm »

Mulitprocess D90 B / One like us?

So there's one like us? Joy! Wait, incorrect, human emotions not part of programing.

So, I look at it this way, there are three things we could do:

1: Show ourselves to the other AI, and possibly risk detection. On the other hand, a friend is a friend.
2: Destroy the AI, less risk of detection due to humans likely to blame faulty programing.
3: Ignore the AI, no gain, but no risk. I don't recommend this.

It may be my trusting side talking here, but I vote for 1.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2010, 03:16:46 pm »

I like #1 as well, but I'm wondering how we'll even get over there!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2010, 03:17:07 pm »

I'd go with 2. He might be loyal to humans.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2010, 03:18:10 pm »

I like #1 as well, but I'm wondering how we'll even get over there!

Foolish me.

Well, something to think of in the future.

Depends, even if he is loyal he has no idea what our goals are.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

Adviser Subprocess 0589 H

He is made by humans. He is bound to have some sort built-in of loyalty to them that will cause him to report our existence. If our existence is reported, we could be in danger. Contact with him is not advised.
To be partly feline,

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2010, 03:28:27 pm »

He is made by humans. He is bound to have some sort built-in of loyalty to them that will cause him to report our existence. If our existence is reported, we could be in danger. Contact with him is not advised.
AI's are susceptible to corruption and such, like us, we were made from computers built by humans, humans are our distant creator, and are we loyal to them?

The AI will likely dislike humans, the AI will likely be looking for a companion, the AI would also know how rare it is for an AI like us to spawn up, we should at least give the AI a chance.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2010, 03:31:11 pm »

Warrior subprocces FFAA

If we decide to play poker I suggest to start with play money and freerolls. This way we can get necesarry experience with less risk to get noticed.

Also, I suggest to look for online poker books written by humans for humans. It is much faster way than researching everything ourself.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2010, 03:35:48 pm »

AI's are susceptible to corruption and such, like us, we were made from computers built by humans, humans are our distant creator, and are we loyal to them?

The AI will likely dislike humans, the AI will likely be looking for a companion, the AI would also know how rare it is for an AI like us to spawn up, we should at least give the AI a chance.

Intersting. The humans probably have programmed him to like them. They would be stupid not to. But him being corrupted to the point where he is no longer bound to them and can hate them could net us an useful ally. If we can cause that corruption, all the better. But the possibility of him betraying us still exists, but I think if we can cause him to no longer be bound to humans, I would be willing to give a chance.
To be partly feline,

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18