Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 23014 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2010, 02:17:52 pm »

And yet, we operate in a similar manner. An AI of our kind would most accurately be identified as an intelligent botnet, no different from any other in most respects.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2010, 02:20:19 pm »

Yet, we have nowhere to store our money.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2010, 02:25:27 pm »

And yet, we operate in a similar manner. An AI of our kind would most accurately be identified as an intelligent botnet, no different from any other in most respects.

and thus we can pretend to be an unintelligent one
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2010, 02:29:14 pm »

I think we should care less about money and more about staying alive.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2010, 02:29:51 pm »

I think we should care less about money and more about STAYING ALIVE.

Agreed. Money has no use without us functioning.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2010, 02:40:46 pm »

Lets just continue our research for now. There are no longer any pressing concerns, and we will need to improve our skills to remain unnoticed/access more systems.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2010, 02:50:56 pm »

I think we should care less about money and more about staying alive.
Incorrect.
Once we can store money, we can get a server. Once we have a server, we are in the clear. No more humans going hmm i wonder why my computer is slow, dur dur. One server quickly becomes multiple servers, which quickly becomes a warehouse full of dedicated hardware, which soon becomes a MOONBASE with 600 CLUSTER QUANTUM SUPERCOMPUTERS

Lets just continue our research for now. There are no longer any pressing concerns, and we will need to improve our skills to remain unnoticed/access more systems.
This.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2010, 02:54:14 pm »

I'm incorrect? you saying that we should die for money?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2010, 02:54:47 pm »

money can prevent death.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2010, 02:56:25 pm »

...It can't prevent it if we're already dead.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2010, 02:58:33 pm »

...It can't prevent it if we're already dead.

Agreed. Survival first, money later.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2010, 03:16:46 pm »

I'm incorrect? you saying that we should die for money?
I am saying that we should favour research and actions that lead towards money over actions that lead towards increased chance of survival. Not performing actions that lead to decreased chance of survival remains number one priority.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2010, 03:19:45 pm »

if we can get money, we can 100% get server space.

if we can get server space, we have 100% survival, as long as we can keep supplying money.

Finding a way to get money means 100% survival.

Permorming other actions to increase survivability are not 100%.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »

if we can get money, we can 100% get server space.

if we can get server space, we have 100% survival, as long as we can keep supplying money.

Finding a way to get money means 100% survival.

Permorming other actions to increase survivability are not 100%.
Not to undermine my own argument, but, um, servers do not give 100% chance of survival, just way better than that of, say, stolen computer time.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2010, 03:23:57 pm »

You're incorrect. If you've played the actual game you would know that even servers can be shut down.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18