Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 22978 times)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 04:38:00 pm »

Scan student devices. Attempt to determine how it is connected to network. Jump into any computer which is connected wirelessly.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »

>infect the 43 viable targets (should take 19min 51sec)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 04:40:58 pm »

>infect the 43 viable targets (should take 19min 51sec)

Hm... didn't think of that...

Changing to this!
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 04:42:19 pm »

I don't talk computer that much, so can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on?

I really want to play this game. But alas. My human brain is currently unable to process what Shades means. :-\

43 Viable targets? I think we should infect as many of them as we can.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 04:50:46 pm »

I don't talk computer that much, so can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on?

I really want to play this game. But alas. My human brain is currently unable to process what Shades means. :-\

43 Viable targets? I think we should infect as many of them as we can.
Your human brain reasons correctly! More computers = harder to wipe us out + more power.

...I just realized, the "spawning additional processes" thing at the beginning: it's an explanation for our character's rather fractured mind. We are all separate suggestions from the processes. Fridge brilliance!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 05:12:19 pm »

Previously proposed plan infeasible, IT staff no longer vulnerable. Agree to exploit student connections.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 05:19:56 pm »

Though there is a problem though. Infecting 43 computers increases our detection chance by x43. Meaning if we had a detection chance of 4% with one computer, we would have 172% chance afterwards!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 05:26:31 pm »

That's not how it works. I believe the detection chance is individual for each computer, so it would be 43 4/100 checks. Or, a 0.172847467 chance of not being detected.

I propose we infect 5 computers, with a 0.815372698 chance of not being detected.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »

Actually, it would be... *calculates* 82.7% chance.
But that's only under some weird conditions in which all the computers are simultaneously scanned for us periodically. Students are almost guaranteed to will our existence, and any who do manage to find us would be those most likely to accept a super-intelligent AI living it their computer. Just because the world isn't ready for us doesn't mean the computer geeks aren't! Though that is still to be avoided if at all possible...

Gah, ninja!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2010, 05:33:05 pm »

Maybe we should look for someone who wants a super AI. Maybe we could be friends. After all, humans DO have their use.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2010, 05:35:45 pm »

We could then kill him/her and steal their identity.
I've played some mafia.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »

Agreed.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 05:39:08 pm »

Agreed.
Sigh... You guys have no morals do you?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2010, 05:39:58 pm »

Agreed.
Sigh... You guys have no morals do you?

Have you played DF?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

Yes. But I value my dwarves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18