Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My dorfs wont spar together, why ?  (Read 2507 times)

s22190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My dorfs wont spar together, why ?
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:27:54 am »

Sorry if this is a repeat, couldnt find what I was looking for in the forum....

Got them in a squad, the schedule is set right, got them a barrack with a weapon rack, And yet all they do is individual combat drill ??? How do you get them to hit each other ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:55:09 am by s22190 »

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
Re: My dorf wont spar together, why ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:45:15 am »

Remove the booze supply.

s22190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My dorf wont spar together, why ?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:59:01 am »

Remove the booze supply.

lol that a good one... but seriously cant we do something about it ? or is it just a random bug ?

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My dorfs wont spar together, why ?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:26:19 am »

One has to organise a group drill i think. Check if the captain has orgainsation skill.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:37:47 am »

Military training is buggy. It's best just to leave them on Inactive, don't bother with the schedule and let them do individual drills. Otherwise they spend 90% of their scheduled time trying to organize demonstrations where no one shows up and it never begins.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:05 am »

Over time they begin to do other things. I am not sure of the triggers though. My guess that as they gain skills they become more and more willing. I think that after My Axedwarf became (No Name) Axedwarf, he began to organize Axe Training. Then again after they get to I think Adapt and there is two or so they will start to spar. I don't know what that means as I never seen them actually move around but they had the 'Spar' job in the list...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:13:13 am »

yeah its buggy... I couldn't get all of mine to train until I had set up multiple barracks in the same room. Something like 9 weapon racks made into rooms.

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:58 am »

My commander guy would organize combat drills, but for some reason the entire squad would just stand around for a long time "waiting for striking demonstration to begin".  Eventually, it would begin and they'd train like that for months.  I assume their Striker skill was going up, but I didn't really check...

All that training really paid off when an ambush of six goblin pikers showed up... It was amusing checking my militia commander and seeing three pikes stuck in him before he died.  All of the goblin weapons got stuck in my military dwarves, and then they ran around killing everyone with their bare hands, I guess.  A fortress of 55 conquered by a 6 goblin ambush.  Four guys with steel swords and shields just don't cut it anymore.  (But maybe it was just because they wouldn't exchange their training swords for the steel ones.)

s22190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 07:33:08 pm »

My commander guy would organize combat drills, but for some reason the entire squad would just stand around for a long time "waiting for striking demonstration to begin".  Eventually, it would begin and they'd train like that for months.  I assume their Striker skill was going up, but I didn't really check...

All that training really paid off when an ambush of six goblin pikers showed up... It was amusing checking my militia commander and seeing three pikes stuck in him before he died.  All of the goblin weapons got stuck in my military dwarves, and then they ran around killing everyone with their bare hands, I guess.  A fortress of 55 conquered by a 6 goblin ambush.  Four guys with steel swords and shields just don't cut it anymore.  (But maybe it was just because they wouldn't exchange their training swords for the steel ones.)

Ouch. Ah well Guess I will rely on a heavy system of traps to weather the Goblins invasions

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:56 pm »

there are a few different things that should be done
first, you need to set their schedule to train (default) then set them to active, instead of inactive where they will do their indevidual training, but not be military dwarves.  you should also check what the number is set to which sets how many would train at the same time.  Then, at the barracks setting screen, you need to designate that barracks to [T]rain.  those are a few things that need to be in check for it to work for me.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

s22190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »

there are a few different things that should be done
first, you need to set their schedule to train (default) then set them to active, instead of inactive where they will do their indevidual training, but not be military dwarves.  you should also check what the number is set to which sets how many would train at the same time.  Then, at the barracks setting screen, you need to designate that barracks to [T]rain.  those are a few things that need to be in check for it to work for me.

ya did all that and they still go into individual drills methink my game is bugged; got about 60 dorfs and it is still impossible for me to have an arsenal dwarf...

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 10:17:59 pm »

ya did all that and they still go into individual drills methink my game is bugged; got about 60 dorfs and it is still impossible for me to have an arsenal dwarf...
that may be a different bug, if one of your nobles dies, you cannot replace or create any more nobles
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

CppThis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 01:08:25 am »

My understanding is that bug stems from the mayor's death, supposedly the vacant spots come back when a new mayor is chosen.  But it sometimes takes forever.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 01:17:05 am »

Pretty sure it's the expedition leader, not the mayor. Mayors are replaced in elections every few years (it's a dwarf popularity contest), but expedition leaders are only made when you embark. It's a unique position that can not be replaced and if the leader is lost, the noble system stops working.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

s22190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 01:22:13 am »

Pretty sure it's the expedition leader, not the mayor. Mayors are replaced in elections every few years (it's a dwarf popularity contest), but expedition leaders are only made when you embark. It's a unique position that can not be replaced and if the leader is lost, the noble system stops working.

nah it is not my case all my nobles including the expedition leader are still alive and kickin... for now saw somewhere that it might take a while sometimes for the dwarf arsenal manager to show up
Pages: [1] 2