Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34

Author Topic: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Canceled  (Read 40062 times)

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 2 - [1 replacement needed.]
« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2010, 09:23:35 am »

Spitfire is also a bit scummy, but I haven't disregarded the possibility that she's playing town very badly.
He...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2010, 09:30:57 am »

Lonewolf:  What other suspicions do you have besides Jokerman?

You and Nurir Torir.

Spitfire is also a bit scummy, but I haven't disregarded the possibility that she's playing town very badly.

Any particular reasons, or questions to ask us?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2010, 09:43:29 am »

May I just say I'm trying to do my best here, is that not good enough?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2010, 09:55:56 am »

He...
*facepalm*
Why am I playing Mafia if I can't even read gender?

You and Nurir Torir.

A few particular reasons, certainly, none of them original.  Mostly impressions, I'm afraid.  Questions will come as I think of them, and will be crafted should particularly interesting conversations die out.

You and Nurir Torir.

A few particular reasons, certainly, none of them original.  Mostly impressions, I'm afraid.  Questions will come as I think of them, and will be crafted should particularly interesting conversations die out.

May I just say I'm trying to do my best here, is that not good enough?
Oh, I can see that you're trying.  You just seem distracted, is all.  Have an explanation why?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2010, 10:02:17 am »

Oh, I can see that you're trying.  You just seem distracted, is all.  Have an explanation why?
I have my GCSE exams at this time and it's taking up most of my time. If they wern't on I'd probally put in more effort.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:01 am »

And don't worry about the gender mix-up, It has happened before... :P

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07:36 am »

Thank you Redwarrior0 and Lonewolf I. We just need JanusTwoFace in here and our replacements would make a run!

On to important business: since my time is limited, my focus will be on recent events, and reading analysis given by others both for their suspicions, and for the speaker's intent. I wanted to put that up-front, lest it come back to bite me in the arse (I wager it will anyway, but *shrugs*).

Nevertheless, I'm finding myself in agreeance with Lonewolf's analysis of Jokerman-EXE. I might add that his behavior seems to be vehemently trying to prove that he is useful to Town, rather than on actually BEING useful to Town. He contributes pot-shots on easy targets, and stacks votes onto others without bringing new things to the table... and Defends his lurking rather than acknowledging it and doing what he can to change it. The difference is, perhaps, a subtle one, but it stems from a completely different set of motives.

P.S. Don't worry about the Gender drama. There was a big mix-up about my gender in Mafia too, a few months back. With no prompting, everyone started calling me she and I let it go, as an experiment to see how far a mistaken assumption would spread. Before I put a stop to it, people had started "correcting" others about it too. It was rather wierd, but highly entertaining.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2010, 11:19:41 am »

For some reason I find that hilarious.

I find my reasoning to yield one result:

Eduren.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 1: The Begninininining
« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45:48 am »

What claim exactly are you referring to?

This one:
When there's 13 people playing, Leafy, I think I can afford to step back a little and watch everything instead of getting dragged down into one on ones, like what happens in the later part of the game. Other people are going to talk. Besides, I'm not saying that I refuse to talk or anything. Just that I prefer to watch for this phase.
I guess.  Still, if everyone thought like this, the game would never start.

That's just my preferred Day 1 method. I'm perfectly willing to be active, and if it starts to die down I will be.

For example, let's take a look at Toaster. You're going to accuse me of lurking when I'm sitting here talking to you about it? Please, tell me you just suffered a head injury that prevented your fine motor skills from functioning, and that's why you typed that. Otherwise, GTFO.

Toaster, it's an RVS strategy. Everyone has a different one. Now that RVS is over, let's get down to the nitty gritty. Why are you so eager to find a reason that you would accuse an active player of lurking, of all things? Honestly, did you even think that through?

Okay? You don't like it, that's cool. It's my strategy and it's worked pretty well so far.

An Orgvote seems like it'd be a tempting option for scum who want to avoid the appearance of bandwagoning.  You're very quick to jump on spitfire now, as well, due to an argument over grammar?  How is that more suspicious than Cript's OMGUS and subsequent unvote?  Why the sudden shift in strategy?

Also.  Buddying:
I was going to vote you, Major, but as others pointed out I was impressed that you kept a cool head, plus you already had enough pressure on you. This monster post of yours did wonders for your case.

You're scattered. Let's look at this:

Bandwagoning Org? I was the first and only vote on him, if I recall correctly.

I'm quick to jump on someone? Forgive me, I seem to have forgotten how it's scummy to have suspicions and vote on them, given that I gave my reasoning as well.

Sudden shift in strategy? What are you even talking about?

Who exactly am I buddying with that statement?

Solifuge is bandwagoning.

Red, is that serious?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 1: The Begninininining
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2010, 11:56:22 am »

Solifuge is bandwagoning.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Red, is that serious?

You're trying far too hard. Of course it isn't, and any illusion that it was would either be a sign that you can't read a person's intent for crap (not true) or you're trying REALLY hard to deflect suspicion, in whatever minor way you can.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2010, 12:02:16 pm »

spitfire684 - Skimming through, I don't get much of an impression beyond him being fixated on Org. A nice, safe person to focus on. So, why, Spitfire? What makes Org worth focusing on? You haven't called for a policy lynch, and it seems to me that you're just using Org as a method of appearing active without actually doing much.

SPITFIRE: Why are you afraid to answer my question?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 14, 2010, 12:08:30 pm »

I'm not focusing on him anymore. I tried to get someting from him but obviously everyone else knows him better than I do.
There, I am not afraid to answer questions :D.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:33 pm »

After the third try. Allow me to rephrase: Why did you consider Org worth focusing on, while he was spewing nonsense?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »

while he was spewing nonsense?
Something's wrong here… wait a minute…

Why are you using the past tense in this statement?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 14, 2010, 01:10:38 pm »

After the third try. Allow me to rephrase: Why did you consider Org worth focusing on, while he was spewing nonsense?
Org still IS spewing nonsense. I just thought there was one way to make him break, but his mind is one caged in a labyrinth of madness where it is impossible to find what you are trying to acheve.

Basically, he is not helping town much, although I don't deny that he is at least trying, and so therefore is scummy, but according to other peoples' accounts, this is apparently normal.

He may be an easy lynch, but if he isn't helping town it wouldn't make much difference. A mis-lynch might be bad in a time like this, however.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34