Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Canceled  (Read 40082 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 1: The Begninininining
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2010, 07:14:07 am »

You're an idiot and I'm not going to dignify that with an answer.

I'll be back in a bit, probably. I want you to look very carefully at the part of your post concerning me and if you genuinely can't realize how stupid you what you just said was, I'll explain. But only if you admit to everyone that you're really that oblivious.

Alright, I'm oblivious. I don't give a shit (IT'S THE INTERNET!), you need to explain this shit when I ask.

Oh, and I'm not pushing cript at present because he's doing a fine job showing he's scum himself. You don't need me to tell you how absurd his OMGUS was, how it was so blatant and unashamed that he UNVOTED WHEN THE OTHER PERSON UNVOTED HIM.

And if you do need me to point that out, you should be here instead of in this thread.

You're joking, right? You know that this is the incorrect way to go, for if you never push him, it's very unlikely that anybody else will join you in your votes. You are aware of this, right?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2010, 08:32:11 am »

Major: The first is that scum, especially newbie scum, have a hard time finding scum because they think of themselves as scum and everyone else as Town. You don't have to know a scumtell to show it and exhibit all of it's signs.

Second, the second part makes less sense. You said that the sentence that applies to you that was used by you was what made criptfeind scummy. So, you're using evidence that you didn't even find that applies that was originally pointing AT YOU as evidence that SOMEONE ELSE IS SCUM. Seriously?!? And that makes ME SCUM?!? Is that because you can't figure out how you're showing as scum or what? It's pretty clear but not asking questions and making terrible accusations is the way to go IMO.

Mr.Person: I'm posting a lot more from my phone as well as working a lot more. Plus, thanks to certain other games, my time is being fruitlessly spent elsewhere.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2010, 09:22:10 am »

Major:  That's more like it.  However, I do have one question for you.  In your post... (emphasis mine)

Yeah, this drives me to say Cript is scum. Or Pandar is scum helping out a newbie town. Likely the first.  If you look a little earlier in the arguement (I didn't include it all for space reasons), Cript is called out for saying he will hunt scum, but not hunting scum.  His 'I have no evidence' is very scum-like, in my opinion. Pandar said somewhere in there that he should go get evidence by voting when he has none. An RVS thing, I'm sure.
I found this little gem. The last sentence. How is being unable to find scum a scumtell? You may know that I'm not on mafia alot, and thereby I am very poor at Mafia on forums. Hence, I couldn't find much without spending a good deal of time looking.

This is inconsistent.  Cript has nothing, so he's scummy, but you have nothing, which doesn't make you scum?  Which is it?

At least you have something now.

Which reminds me...

Cript, you never answered me.  If you're having forum issues, why aren't you double checking to make sure they got posted?  Type in notepad so you don't lose a post.  For your convenience, here's the first question again- you can even ignore the struck out part.

criptfeind:  Major_s is the other person out there that has high levels of suspicion, yet in your post you don't say anything about him.  Does he not look fishy to you, or are you out to protect him?  Do you know something we don't?  Why are you telling us what you would or wouldn't do if you were scum?  Those comments add nothing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2010, 10:59:33 am »

Jokerman.
Unvote Rysith.

Org
, I'm tired of the games. What the fuck is your deal, dude?
I know your vote on Rysith was worth very little, but to fling it on Org like that? Just because he is Org?
A bit scummy, but otherwise you seem town-ish.

Solifuge. Been lurking like a bitch, so I don't have anything to comment on.

Leafy. Judging mainly his most recent comment, town. He also points out a good bit on Cript:
My stated reason for voting you was invalid, so I reverted my vote.

Okay than, unvote I guess.
HOW THE FUCK IS THAT A REASON TO UNVOTE

SURELY IF YOU FOUND HIM SCUMMY FOR SOMETHING HIM UNVOTING YOU DOESN'T CHANGE THINGS

ARGH

Because I literally went though the entire game and posted what I had questions about.
Only after a LOT of pressure... and none of the things seem to pertaint to the most important question, namely "Who is scum?".
I also love his Moron who gets lynched on day 1 vibe.

On the home stretch! Spitfire!
Time to put some blood on my hands. Criptfiend.
Jumpin' in the ol' band wagon are we?
Are you gonna be providing anything to backup this one or put pressure on, or are you just gonna point?
I like this little bit. Other than this, spitfire hasn't had many posts that I noticed. Definetley nothing like the other guys.
To spitty, call it a bandwagon, I call that a last ditch save ass measure. I'm leaving the vote there now, for the reasons stated earlier.

Lastly, Mr. Person.
The quote I'm going to comment on is at the start of the post. He got me typing to sum up everything. To find more evidence, to convice others, and to get me hammered. He seems FAR too happy to say that one more is hammer in my opinion, so I'm leaning towards scum.

So, in summary, scum picks. Cript, Web, Mr.Person. In order of how heavily I think it, with Mr.Person being barely there.

My vote on Rysith was a RV, while my vote on Org is intended to get him talking. Org is hard to read, but the more he talks the easier it gets.

I was going to vote you, Major, but as others pointed out I was impressed that you kept a cool head, plus you already had enough pressure on you. This monster post of yours did wonders for your case.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2010, 02:00:38 pm »

You're an idiot and I'm not going to dignify that with an answer.

I'll be back in a bit, probably. I want you to look very carefully at the part of your post concerning me and if you genuinely can't realize how stupid you what you just said was, I'll explain. But only if you admit to everyone that you're really that oblivious.

Alright, I'm oblivious. I don't give a shit (IT'S THE INTERNET!), you need to explain this shit when I ask.

Oh, and I'm not pushing cript at present because he's doing a fine job showing he's scum himself. You don't need me to tell you how absurd his OMGUS was, how it was so blatant and unashamed that he UNVOTED WHEN THE OTHER PERSON UNVOTED HIM.

And if you do need me to point that out, you should be here instead of in this thread.

You're joking, right? You know that this is the incorrect way to go, for if you never push him, it's very unlikely that anybody else will join you in your votes. You are aware of this, right?
First:
The "unrelated to anything" stuff was the answer to the question you asked why I never answered. You get a D in reading comprehension.

Second:
People already ARE joining me in voting for criptfeind. I have the advantage of being right on my side, so even my most halfhearted arguments are superior to criptfeind's sad, sad attempts at refutation. I'm giving myself a little break because I'm not the only one going "Do you guys not fucking see this?" about his unending Scuminess Parade.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2010, 02:06:29 pm »

Oh, this was supposed to be merged with last message. My bad:

I made a mistake and voted him for a bogus reason, so he called me on it. When I noticed my reasoning made no sense, I unvoted, and he retracted his vote on me.

That means that his vote had absolutely no meaning but as an attempt to deter you from voting for him. It sends a very clear "you don't vote for me, I don't vote for you" message. This is something he's been very consistent in doing throughout this game in the rare occasions he's voted (I think. If I'm delirious right now, it's 'cause I pulled another all-nighter just because).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2010, 04:26:40 pm »

Major:  That's more like it.  However, I do have one question for you.  In your post... (emphasis mine)

Yeah, this drives me to say Cript is scum. Or Pandar is scum helping out a newbie town. Likely the first.  If you look a little earlier in the arguement (I didn't include it all for space reasons), Cript is called out for saying he will hunt scum, but not hunting scum.  His 'I have no evidence' is very scum-like, in my opinion. Pandar said somewhere in there that he should go get evidence by voting when he has none. An RVS thing, I'm sure.
I found this little gem. The last sentence. How is being unable to find scum a scumtell? You may know that I'm not on mafia alot, and thereby I am very poor at Mafia on forums. Hence, I couldn't find much without spending a good deal of time looking.

This is inconsistent.  Cript has nothing, so he's scummy, but you have nothing, which doesn't make you scum?  Which is it?

At least you have something now.
Primarily because being unable to find scum and not looking for scum are slightly different things.  I used that quote to sum up that whole bit involving Cript, so it isn't just that. I meant when he says he will commit, but doesn't actually push or do anything.

Major: The first is that scum, especially newbie scum, have a hard time finding scum because they think of themselves as scum and everyone else as Town. You don't have to know a scumtell to show it and exhibit all of it's signs.

Second, the second part makes less sense. You said that the sentence that applies to you that was used by you was what made criptfeind scummy. So, you're using evidence that you didn't even find that applies that was originally pointing AT YOU as evidence that SOMEONE ELSE IS SCUM. Seriously?!? And that makes ME SCUM?!? Is that because you can't figure out how you're showing as scum or what? It's pretty clear but not asking questions and making terrible accusations is the way to go IMO.
As I'm sure I said, you just seem slightly scummy to me, and I was after a little bit of something to go off. I needed 3 scum to pick, and you just had this scum vibe. The scum could be a lurker or something, I don't know, I was only going through active player's stuff.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2010, 04:42:13 pm »

An Addendum to Web:
I did say the following:
People were hunting me for it, so it must be a scumtell.
I swear I said that exact line before, I just can't find it.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2010, 06:06:39 pm »

VoteCount

Pandarsenic[2] - Mr.Person, Nirur Torir,
Solifuge[] -
webadict[] -
Leafsnail[] -
Mr.Person[] -
Criptfeind[4] - Rysith, Pandarsenic, Leafsnail, major_sepiroth,
Spitfire684[] -
Org[1] - Jokerman-EXE,
Toaster[] -
Nirur Torir[] -
Jokerman-EXE[] -
Rysith[1] - Spitfire684,
major_sepiroth[4] - Solifuge, Org, Toaster, webadict,

Not Voting - Criptfeind,

7 to hammer, Day ends in 1 hour
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2010, 06:39:06 pm »

Tie breaking time: Unvote Pandarsenic.

Cript, you never answered me.  If you're having forum issues, why aren't you double checking to make sure they got posted?  Type in notepad so you don't lose a post.
He's probably stalling for time. Perhaps his scum buddies aren't able to log-in to advise and help him out of the mess he's dug for himself.
Vote Criptfeind.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2010, 06:40:03 pm »

Major, good enough. Unvote major

Criptfeind, you've evaded for too long now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2010, 07:27:48 pm »

Glad to see people switch away from MS.  I was resigned to seeing another newb mislynch day one :/.

Does anyone else find it interesting how only criptfeinds non defence posts are "eaten" by the forums?

Tie breaking time: Unvote Pandarsenic.

Cript, you never answered me.  If you're having forum issues, why aren't you double checking to make sure they got posted?  Type in notepad so you don't lose a post.
He's probably stalling for time. Perhaps his scum buddies aren't able to log-in to advise and help him out of the mess he's dug for himself.
Vote Criptfeind.
Nirur Torir, this looks bad.  In fact, rereading your votes today, they all look odd.  You vote criptfeind, retract it since it was "invalid", and then come back onto criptfeind for THIS reason of all possible ones?  It looks like you randomly grabbed a lame reason out of the air just so you couldn't be accused of getting on him for no reason.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:22 pm »

That wasn't a reason. That was me stating some thoughts about possible leads before the day ends, in case I can't post them later.
The reason for my vote was that it was 20 minutes until the end of the day, and I felt the need to break the tie.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2010, 07:48:41 pm »

VoteCount

Pandarsenic[1] - Mr.Person,
Solifuge[] -
webadict[] -
Leafsnail[] -
Mr.Person[] -
Criptfeind[6] - Rysith, Pandarsenic, Leafsnail, major_sepiroth, Nirur Torir, Toaster,
Spitfire684[] -
Org[1] - Jokerman-EXE,
Toaster[] -
Nirur Torir[] -
Jokerman-EXE[] -
Rysith[1] - Spitfire684,
major_sepiroth[3] - Solifuge, Org, webadict,

Not Voting - Criptfeind,

criptfiend has been lynched!
criptfeind was Axe Cop

Axe Cop

You and your axe are not only the law, you are the judge, jury and executioner.

During the night, you may investigate a player to find out if they are Town, Mafia, or third Party. If you find a mafia, you may, on the next night, kill them with your trusty axe.

Town

Well that was an interesting twist. I'll ponder why the town would kill one of their own during the intermission. That, and stock up on popcorn again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:51:53 pm by Eduren »
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Night 1: Sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite!
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2010, 08:31:03 pm »

Well. it seems the movie is back on. This is turning out to be a pretty gory picture. I'm glad I left my kids with that nice old man down the street. This could have scarred them for life!

Mr.Person has been killed in the night!
Mr.Person was Akinator, the web genius.

Akinator, the web genius

You know everything there is to know about famous figures. How did you get this knowledge? By following them around and observing what happens. This skill thankfully applies to your current situation.

Every night, you may follow a player and can identify anybody that targets the player.

Town

Day ends on Thursday, 6PM PST
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:38:59 pm by Eduren »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34