Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Canceled  (Read 40078 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 1: The Begninininining
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2010, 04:07:30 pm »

@Toaster: That's dangerously close to rolefishing. So Cripfeind, don't answer the part about knowing something we don't. Then again, unless there's a day cop or something equally silly, nobody has any information.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2010, 04:25:56 pm »

VoteCount

Pandarsenic[] -
Solifuge[] -
webadict[] -
Leafsnail[] -
Mr.Person[1] - webadict,
Criptfeind[3] - Rysith, Pandarsenic, Leafsnail,
Spitfire684[] -
Org[] -
Toaster[] -
Nirur Torir[] -
Jokerman-EXE[] -
Rysith[2] - Jokerman-EXE, Spitfire684,
major_sepiroth[5] - Solifuge, Mr.Person, Nirur Torir, Org, Toaster,

Not Voting -  major_sepiroth, Criptfeind,

7 to hammer, Day ends in 27 hours.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »

You didn't answer this:
Pressuring Nirur is pressuring. Even I'm not up in arms about it, and he voted me!
Please give an effective strategy for how to find scum without applying pressure.
I didn't notice that, to be honest. Well, you could try baiting them out somehow, like you said Org was doing, though he wasn't.

"Hey guys I don't know who I should attack because I don't want to commit 'cause I'm scuuuuuuum!"

Drop the last nine words and you are right.

I want to commit.

I am not scum.

What you say does not make logical sense.
I find Cript scummy mostly because he said this.  Plus, Nirur said it best:
So prod, prod, prod. Being afraid to participate in any lynch because you might get your hands dirty on a townie and become a suspect is highly survivalistic. Survivalism benefits scum far more then town.
If no lynches occur, the scum will almost always win. Even a random lynch might be scum, while a night-kill is almost never a scum.
Not understanding this, you are scum. You even admit to being afraid of getting your hands dirty.
Change a word here and there and it also fits Cript. And people are hunting me for it, so it must be scummy.
Major: out of the entire game, you picked criptfeind? And that's it? What, did you decide not to pay any attention? I mean there's a ton of people lurking and you can only give one person of suspicion? That's scummy and it means you're either unable to find scum or that you're not trying to, both of which lead to you being scum.
Well, I didn't look through the entire game before posting that, and I have now. My new picks are:
Cript, Solifuge the lurker, and Jokerman the lurker who admits it.
Unvote Nirur.

Day 1 I'm liking cript and major_s, and at the moment major_s feels like the winner.

Major_s:  You reek of desperation.  Asked for who you think is scum, you throw out the person besides yourself with the most votes, but don't point out anything other than his WIFOMy comment and OMGUS.  Your argument is shallow.  What else stands out about him?  Do his motives look suspicious?  Is he hiding something?  Does he not care who dies today, as long as it's not him?
That wasn't a pure arguement or all the evidence I had found. Well, I find that he hasn't attacked me scummy, as your last question proves correct. Look above for something else.  He is saving his ass, and either trying to use me as a scapegoat, or is planning on using his vote some other way.

So Solifuge, post something.

Time to put some blood on my hands. Criptfiend.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »

Jumpin' in the ol' band wagon are we?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2010, 05:43:01 pm »

Woah, when did my vote get onto Mr.Person?

Unvote and vote major_sephiroth. Your picks are terrible in that they aren't related to scumminess, but by lurkiness. Instead of not asking them questions, trying to pull them in, or even bothering to scumhunt on them, you point them out as deflection from yourself, especially by pointing out that Nirur Torir says you're just like criptfeind and you think he's SCUMMY! So, either you believe your method is scummy in its own right, or that you just don't care who you finger. Again, both make you scum.

Heck, I'd've expected you to try and point at Nirur Torir. He'd be easy for you, but you're trying to wagon others in your defense. At the very least, you've created a small amount of WIFOM in your death.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2010, 06:09:06 pm »

I'll hold on to my MS. I don't believe he's serious about trying to find scum. The effort values coming out seem really poor. That could be because of a lack of skill or a perception of lack of skill, I'm not really sure which.

Either way, major_sephiroth, tell me what you think about the rest of the players. Anything you see on them, their alignment, whatever. Talking is talking, and you need to keep talking.

Quick note, if anybody else votes major_sephiroth, that's a hammer.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2010, 06:50:08 pm »

Huh... Criptfeind still refuses to comment on anything not directly relating to himself. 

Unvote whoever, Vote Nirur Torir.

Stop misunderstanding what I am saying on purpose and than tell me why you think that is scummy?
I have no idea where this OMGUS came from... seriously.

Cript is scum, why does i need anything to say elsewhise.
>.>

My stated reason for voting you was invalid, so I reverted my vote.

Okay than, unvote I guess.
HOW THE FUCK IS THAT A REASON TO UNVOTE

SURELY IF YOU FOUND HIM SCUMMY FOR SOMETHING HIM UNVOTING YOU DOESN'T CHANGE THINGS

ARGH

Because I literally went though the entire game and posted what I had questions about.
Only after a LOT of pressure... and none of the things seem to pertaint to the most important question, namely "Who is scum?".

Are you gonna be providing anything to backup this one or put pressure on, or are you just gonna point?

Woah... where did this bandwagon on M_S come from?  Hardly noticed it...

I don't actually see him as scum.  It's slightly difficult to explain, but I've seen newbscum a fair bit, and this doesn't look like it.

He doesn't seem concerned with image (newbscumtell 1), and he hasn't been pushing overly hard to get anyone lynched (newbscumtell 2).  Not has the massive bandwagon on him caused him to panic particularly.  Certainly, he reads "Moron who gets lynched day one" very strongly, but not scum.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2010, 11:18:26 pm »

Unvote Rysith.

Org
, I'm tired of the games. What the fuck is your deal, dude?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2010, 01:05:34 am »

I'll hold on to my MS. I don't believe he's serious about trying to find scum. The effort values coming out seem really poor. That could be because of a lack of skill or a perception of lack of skill, I'm not really sure which.

Either way, major_sephiroth, tell me what you think about the rest of the players. Anything you see on them, their alignment, whatever. Talking is talking, and you need to keep talking.

Quick note, if anybody else votes major_sephiroth, that's a hammer.
Ok, I reviewed the thread as best a newbie can and have come up with this:

Rysith. I have no idea. Possibly just town with alot of RL interruptions, but they seem generally passive and slightly lurky.

Nirur. While offering assistance, he was the first to jump on me for plain ol' non-participation:
Criptfeind, how many other games of mafia have you played?

Unvote Solifuge.
Vote major_sepiroth
. Post or die.
This could mean that he wanted an easy town lynch, or, on looking at other posts, he was after a good game of mafia, not too easy, not too difficult, not fouled by lurkers. I'm leaning heavily on town.
Also spotted this question he asked me but I never answered:
Also, please explain what happens if everybody counter-votes for people who vote for them.
The game will be either effectively stagnant or will never get anywhere, with an easy scum win.
My last note on Nirur is this: My name has 2 h's. Sephiroth. At least spell it right.

Now onto Cript/Pandar. I found this little bit particualarly interesting:
I have no evidence.
And that's why you're scum.
Do you have any evidence other than my lack of evidence?

Because if not that is basically a never ending cycle of scum not scum.
You won't even try. You're only pretending to look at what's happening. You're trying to get by without drawing anybody's ire and without the know-how to pretend to do what you do as town. Because you're scum.
Ya no.

I am looking at what is happening, and that is not much.

I see you are doing almost nothing other than attacking me for doing nothing. So does that make you scum?

That is so insane, owning to the fact that everybody tries to outguess everybody there is a ebb and a flow to how to play scum and therefor I wont say that scum wont ever lay low but these sub forums seem to have a low tolerance for it (presumably because of redwarrior) so I would be a fool to lay low.

I cant do anything against your argument because I am looking but literally not finding anything.
Yeah, this drives me to say Cript is scum. Or Pandar is scum helping out a newbie town. Likely the first.  If you look a little earlier in the arguement (I didn't include it all for space reasons), Cript is called out for saying he will hunt scum, but not hunting scum.  His 'I have no evidence' is very scum-like, in my opinion. Pandar said somewhere in there that he should go get evidence by voting when he has none. An RVS thing, I'm sure.
Then he goes and does the most blatant OMGUS ever (Besides the original OMGUS):

Stop misunderstanding what I am saying on purpose and than tell me why you think that is scummy?
So Pandar to me is town (helpful and applying good pressure) and Cript is scum.
Final word on Cript: Were there even chickens in Majora's Mask? I know they were in Ocarina of Time though.

Onto Org.
Weeeeeeeeeelp. I wasn't exactly doing it like that, but I guess this is intereting.
Unvote.
Vote Sephirerarothe

This leans me to say town. Sure, its Org, he seems mentally ravaged, but he finds evidence and goes for it. So I'd say he's town.

Toaster's turn.
Unvote Nirur.

Day 1 I'm liking cript and major_s, and at the moment major_s feels like the winner.

Major_s:  You reek of desperation.  Asked for who you think is scum, you throw out the person besides yourself with the most votes, but don't point out anything other than his WIFOMy comment and OMGUS.  Your argument is shallow.  What else stands out about him?  Do his motives look suspicious?  Is he hiding something?  Does he not care who dies today, as long as it's not him?
Enter the Toaster-quote.  Here, he reacts very heavily to me 'accusing' Cript. I wasn't making an arguement, I was showing some things.
Despite the mis-understanding, I'd say he is doing the right thing as town. Finding people, evidence, etc.

Onto Web.
Major: out of the entire game, you picked criptfeind? And that's it? What, did you decide not to pay any attention? I mean there's a ton of people lurking and you can only give one person of suspicion? That's scummy and it means you're either unable to find scum or that you're not trying to, both of which lead to you being scum.
I found this little gem. The last sentence. How is being unable to find scum a scumtell? You may know that I'm not on mafia alot, and thereby I am very poor at Mafia on forums. Hence, I couldn't find much without spending a good deal of time looking.
Woah, when did my vote get onto Mr.Person?

Unvote and vote major_sephiroth. Your picks are terrible in that they aren't related to scumminess, but by lurkiness. Instead of not asking them questions, trying to pull them in, or even bothering to scumhunt on them, you point them out as deflection from yourself, especially by pointing out that Nirur Torir says you're just like criptfeind and you think he's SCUMMY! So, either you believe your method is scummy in its own right, or that you just don't care who you finger. Again, both make you scum.

Heck, I'd've expected you to try and point at Nirur Torir. He'd be easy for you, but you're trying to wagon others in your defense. At the very least, you've created a small amount of WIFOM in your death.
Why not option 3 web, the option where I am not a mafia genius who knows every scumtell in existence, and thereby, I don't actually know who is scum. Hell, I only have small ideas at this point.
I'd lean towards you being scum, but as I mentioned, I'm not good at this.

Jokerman.
Unvote Rysith.

Org
, I'm tired of the games. What the fuck is your deal, dude?
I know your vote on Rysith was worth very little, but to fling it on Org like that? Just because he is Org?
A bit scummy, but otherwise you seem town-ish.

Solifuge. Been lurking like a bitch, so I don't have anything to comment on.

Leafy. Judging mainly his most recent comment, town. He also points out a good bit on Cript:

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT A REASON TO UNVOTE

SURELY IF YOU FOUND HIM SCUMMY FOR SOMETHING HIM UNVOTING YOU DOESN'T CHANGE THINGS

ARGH

Because I literally went though the entire game and posted what I had questions about.
Only after a LOT of pressure... and none of the things seem to pertaint to the most important question, namely "Who is scum?".
I also love his Moron who gets lynched on day 1 vibe.

On the home stretch! Spitfire!
Are you gonna be providing anything to backup this one or put pressure on, or are you just gonna point?
I like this little bit. Other than this, spitfire hasn't had many posts that I noticed. Definetley nothing like the other guys.
To spitty, call it a bandwagon, I call that a last ditch save ass measure. I'm leaving the vote there now, for the reasons stated earlier.

Lastly, Mr. Person.
The quote I'm going to comment on is at the start of the post. He got me typing to sum up everything. To find more evidence, to convice others, and to get me hammered. He seems FAR too happy to say that one more is hammer in my opinion, so I'm leaning towards scum.

So, in summary, scum picks. Cript, Web, Mr.Person. In order of how heavily I think it, with Mr.Person being barely there.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2010, 06:17:42 am »

I'm off this bandwagon. Unvote Sephiroth.
You're one vote away from a hammer, and have been first in line for the chopping block for a while now, yet as Leafsnail says, you aren't panicking.

More to come soon, after I feel awake enough to fight scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2010, 06:35:43 am »

There were Cuckoos in Majora's Mask. I think I think there were some in the Laundry Room all around the Song of Storms guy (although those might of been dogs), and I think there were some at the ranch near the guy who gives you the Keton Mask, I believe. It's been years since I watched another guy play the game, so my memory is very fuzzy.

I pointed out the fact you were one vote away from getting hammered since I didn't want somebody to come along and hammer you accidentally. Just wanted to clear that up.

So yeah, Unvote major_sephiroth. You might still be scum, but at least we have the tools to figure out if you're scum or not. Personally, I'm leaning town at this point simply because his arguments seem truthy. But again, as long as there's talking, we can figure this out.

Webadict ,why have you been at the tail end of the scumhunting instead of the lead of it?

The 2nd-to-4th stretch of voters are typically the ones most likely to be trying to foment a bandwagon. That may be pushed to 2nd-to-5th or 3rd-to-5th because of RVS on day 1.

While true, this wasn't very useful to mention at the time, Pandarsenic. Specifically, you're active lurking with seemingly helpful information, but when it comes down to it, you're not scumhunting. You called Criptfeind scum, but your passion for that seems to have disappeared. What happened to it? Also, why did you ignore a question Toaster posed to you?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:58 am »

You're an idiot and I'm not going to dignify that with an answer.

I'll be back in a bit, probably. I want you to look very carefully at the part of your post concerning me and if you genuinely can't realize how stupid you what you just said was, I'll explain. But only if you admit to everyone that you're really that oblivious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2010, 06:40:51 am »

Oh, and I'm not pushing cript at present because he's doing a fine job showing he's scum himself. You don't need me to tell you how absurd his OMGUS was, how it was so blatant and unashamed that he UNVOTED WHEN THE OTHER PERSON UNVOTED HIM.

And if you do need me to point that out, you should be here instead of in this thread.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2010, 07:06:08 am »

Huh... Criptfeind still refuses to comment on anything not directly relating to himself. 

Fucking fuck.

I not kidding guys the forum is eating my posts.

I thought I did say stuff yesterday.

I don't have time right now so I will have to get back to you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2010, 07:09:25 am »

No not at all, I am saying that I would not lurk if I was scum. How can you possibility misunderstand that?
Unvote Sepiroth. Vote Criptfeind. This right here is scummier then Sepiroth avoiding my questions by lurking.

Nirur Torir: What do you think of this game so far?
I think it's nice to have found a scum during RVS.

It's ... Wait, no it's not WIFOM. I completely misread it, sorry. I shouldn't try to play mafia with a headache.

Unvote Criptfeind.
Vote Sepiroth.

(Note: I don't consider it WIFOM. He says he wouldn't lurk if he was scum. I don't feel like searching for whatever other game's he's played, but lurking as town is slightly uncommon, and he's not lurking now.)

Normally I would prefer to let Criptfeind defend himself from unrighteous questioning, but ...
Oh, and I'm not pushing cript at present because he's doing a fine job showing he's scum himself. You don't need me to tell you how absurd his OMGUS was, how it was so blatant and unashamed that he UNVOTED WHEN THE OTHER PERSON UNVOTED HIM.

And if you do need me to point that out, you should be here instead of in this thread.
Pandarsenic, I need you to point out why it was absurd. I made a mistake and voted him for a bogus reason, so he called me on it. When I noticed my reasoning made no sense, I unvoted, and he retracted his vote on me.

Now you're throwing ad-hominum attacks around to try to give validity to your viewpoint.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34