Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Canceled  (Read 40041 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 1: The Begninininining
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »

Cript:  Better than nothing.  I'll expect more out of you D2, assuming you're not lynched.

Nirur, who smells scummy to you besides major?
Rysith for lurking heavily and Org for being Org. There's also Pandarsenic (always scum), and Webadict, who is always the king of the scum. Or so I've been led to believe.

All you can do is go after people for lurking (and being Org)?

(Actually, I think I could hit damn near everyone for that one.  That seems to be the theme so far.)

Pandar, if cript was lynched and flipped town, who would you suspect of trying to bandwagon him?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2010, 04:56:48 pm »

Cript is scum, why does i need anything to say elsewhise.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2010, 06:13:30 pm »

The 2nd-to-4th stretch of voters are typically the ones most likely to be trying to foment a bandwagon. That may be pushed to 2nd-to-5th or 3rd-to-5th because of RVS on day 1.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »

Criptfeind, that first quote was a joke. And that second one was for sepiroth. Unvoting for just one post.

Yah, I thought as such.

Cript is scum, why does i need anything to say elsewhise.

I am not scum.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2010, 06:26:33 pm »

My stated reason for voting you was invalid, so I reverted my vote.

Okay than, unvote I guess.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2010, 06:26:43 pm »

Ooh questions, I love questions.
Well, I wasn't exactly keeping track on who was voting who at that point in the game. If I got someone who was not being voted for, than fine, if I got someone who is already being voted, it would put more pressure on, making them break easier.
Why are you attacking me on a random vote then?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2010, 06:29:40 pm »

Because I literally went though the entire game and posted what I had questions about.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2010, 07:18:57 pm »

I need a vote count.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2010, 03:15:03 am »

Okay, I was confusing e with phi. I also forgot why I asked about numbers.

Major: top picks for scum. Now.
I'd have to pick Cript, and I can't think of others.

So, you're either 1) too scared of getting your hands dirty, or 2) anti-town enough to not want to make any effort at finding scum.
It's closest to option 1, actually. I can't exactly see emotion and intent through characters on a screen, and, as such, haven't seen too much that is scummy.

Have some quotes that involve me and my take on them. Or just quotes that I have things to say on.
You posted now, so Unvote.

Dammit Org. Be useful!
BAM! major_sephiroth.
Like why man?
It could just be simple pressure on me, or it could be that I wasn't being useful while telling Org to be useful, hypocritical stuff is a scum tell, I'd say.

And to web, it was a random vote to make them post. They posted, so no use leaving my vote where it may lynch a townie.
No not at all, I am saying that I would not lurk if I was scum. How can you possibility misunderstand that?
So, from this, you are either scum attempting to mislead us, or a townie who has slipped alot more than intended. (Tactics for future games)
Unvote whoever, Vote Nirur Torir.

Stop misunderstanding what I am saying on purpose and than tell me why you think that is scummy?
Hello, my name is OMGUS. And for reference, OMGUS is Oh my god, you suck voting. Voting someone becuase they voted you.

Sup scum.
Again, dammit Org. At least ask a question or two!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2010, 05:49:58 am »

You didn't answer this:
Pressuring Nirur is pressuring. Even I'm not up in arms about it, and he voted me!
Please give an effective strategy for how to find scum without applying pressure.

So, you're either 1) too scared of getting your hands dirty, or 2) anti-town enough to not want to make any effort at finding scum.
It's closest to option 1, actually. I can't exactly see emotion and intent through characters on a screen, and, as such, haven't seen too much that is scummy.
So prod, prod, prod. Being afraid to participate in any lynch because you might get your hands dirty on a townie and become a suspect is highly survivalistic. Survivalism benefits scum far more then town.
If no lynches occur, the scum will almost always win. Even a random lynch might be scum, while a night-kill is almost never a scum.
Not understanding this, you are scum. You even admit to being afraid of getting your hands dirty.

Major: top picks for scum. Now.
I'd have to pick Cript, and I can't think of others.
Really now, the only scummy person you can find is the one one with a large bandwagon besides yourself? Re-read the thread, look for anything that might look scummy. Think motives.

Why do you respond to Org saying "hi" to the scum? It's like that kid's game/trick, saying "hi stupid," to see who responds. Reaction fishing, which you fell for.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2010, 09:11:19 am »

Weeeeeeeeeelp. I wasn't exactly doing it like that, but I guess this is intereting.
Unvote.
Vote Sephirerarothe

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2010, 11:57:11 am »

Criptfeind, why can't you ask a more relevant question?
Why did you attack me for a random vote?

Random votes without some kind of useful question aren't very good. Thus, a random vote with a question about your own random vote question. Thus far you seem to be overreacting to it rather nicely, since it wasn't an attack.

No not at all, I am saying that I would not lurk if I was scum. How can you possibility misunderstand that?

Quote from: Criptfeind
Scum wouldn't lurk, because it would get them killed. I am lurking. Therefor, I must not be scum!

Not a good argument at all.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2010, 11:58:23 am »

Thats WIFOM cript.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2010, 12:29:58 pm »

Unvote Nirur.

Day 1 I'm liking cript and major_s, and at the moment major_s feels like the winner.

Major_s:  You reek of desperation.  Asked for who you think is scum, you throw out the person besides yourself with the most votes, but don't point out anything other than his WIFOMy comment and OMGUS.  Your argument is shallow.  What else stands out about him?  Do his motives look suspicious?  Is he hiding something?  Does he not care who dies today, as long as it's not him?

criptfeind:  Major_s is the other person out there that has high levels of suspicion, yet in your post you don't say anything about him.  Does he not look fishy to you, or are you out to protect him?  Do you know something we don't?  Why are you telling us what you would or wouldn't do if you were scum?  Those comments add nothing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2010, 01:13:54 pm »

Major: out of the entire game, you picked criptfeind? And that's it? What, did you decide not to pay any attention? I mean there's a ton of people lurking and you can only give one person of suspicion? That's scummy and it means you're either unable to find scum or that you're not trying to, both of which lead to you being scum.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34