Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Canceled  (Read 39958 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 1: The Begninininining
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2010, 06:34:42 pm »

Extension.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2010, 06:37:58 pm »

When there's 13 people playing, Leafy, I think I can afford to step back a little and watch everything instead of getting dragged down into one on ones, like what happens in the later part of the game. Other people are going to talk. Besides, I'm not saying that I refuse to talk or anything. Just that I prefer to watch for this phase.
I guess.  Still, if everyone thought like this, the game would never start.

Extension sounds good.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2010, 06:43:09 pm »

Extension granted. New deadline is Tuesday, 5PM PST
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2010, 06:52:43 pm »

Hi Webadict.
Hi! What way should I end RVS, though it may appear that Toaster is beating me to the punch. I mean, what with that? Newbies can't beat me!

End RVS however you like.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2010, 07:17:49 pm »

Hi Webadict.
Hi! What way should I end RVS, though it may appear that Toaster is beating me to the punch. I mean, what with that? Newbies can't beat me!

End RVS however you like.
Your mother.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 28, 2010, 07:57:35 pm »

Nirur Torir, pick a number and a color. Also, scumhunt.
e and pink.

Pressuring Nirur is pressuring. Even I'm not up in arms about it, and he voted me!
Please give an effective strategy for how to find scum without applying pressure.
Also, please explain what happens if everybody counter-votes for people who vote for them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2010, 09:52:57 pm »

e is approximately how much?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2010, 11:47:04 pm »

e is a BITCH of a number in calculus.

When there's 13 people playing, Leafy, I think I can afford to step back a little and watch everything instead of getting dragged down into one on ones, like what happens in the later part of the game. Other people are going to talk. Besides, I'm not saying that I refuse to talk or anything. Just that I prefer to watch for this phase.
I guess.  Still, if everyone thought like this, the game would never start.

That's just my preferred Day 1 method. I'm perfectly willing to be active, and if it starts to die down I will be.

For example, let's take a look at Toaster. You're going to accuse me of lurking when I'm sitting here talking to you about it? Please, tell me you just suffered a head injury that prevented your fine motor skills from functioning, and that's why you typed that. Otherwise, GTFO.

Toaster, it's an RVS strategy. Everyone has a different one. Now that RVS is over, let's get down to the nitty gritty. Why are you so eager to find a reason that you would accuse an active player of lurking, of all things? Honestly, did you even think that through?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2010, 03:06:05 am »

You posted now, so Unvote.

Dammit Org. Be useful!

I'll revote major_sephiroth until he/she/it votes again.
Though I did not intend to sit on Major_Sephiroth all this time, he's shown up to random-vote, and then remove said vote.

I'm not opposed to lynching him fon non-participation. Why are you guys all up in Criptfeind's grill though, like a hot god that rolled down there?
Criptfeind, how many other games of mafia have you played?

Unvote Solifuge.
Vote major_sepiroth
. Post or die.
Postedy posty post.

Oh why, sorry.

Well basically because everything is as Mr.P puts it bull shit. I got nothing in the start and am basically waiting for anything to happen.

And no questions could possibly be relevant, even now when we've had several waves of voting? If you don't think that this is anything happening, you're playing the wrong game.

Spitfire and Sephiroth: is there a reason you both FoS'd Org after Rysith did?  We all know Org is generally an easy lynch... and just FoSing him could be an attempt to avoid looking like a bandwagon.

I'm especially interested since that's the second second vote for each of them (Spitfire as second on me, Major_Sephiroth as second on Spitfire although he unvoted quickly), with no real reasoning for any of the votes. Spitfire, you've posted so you have no excuse for not responding to the question.
My main reason for FoSing org was that he seems generally useless, see:
Blah blah blah blah.
That is literally what was posted.

I am still going to refrain from voting, as no-one here stands out to me as massive scum.

If you have questions, I will answer them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2010, 05:38:45 am »

So, you're either 1) too scared of getting your hands dirty, or 2) anti-town enough to not want to make any effort at finding scum.

e = lim (n -> 0) (1 + n)^(1/n)
e is approximately 2.7182818284590452353602874713526624977572470936999595749669676277240766303535475945713821785251664274

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2010, 11:22:03 am »

Okay, I was confusing e with phi. I also forgot why I asked about numbers.

Major: top picks for scum. Now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2010, 02:48:50 pm »

That's just my preferred Day 1 method. I'm perfectly willing to be active, and if it starts to die down I will be.

For example, let's take a look at Toaster. You're going to accuse me of lurking when I'm sitting here talking to you about it? Please, tell me you just suffered a head injury that prevented your fine motor skills from functioning, and that's why you typed that. Otherwise, GTFO.

Toaster, it's an RVS strategy. Everyone has a different one. Now that RVS is over, let's get down to the nitty gritty. Why are you so eager to find a reason that you would accuse an active player of lurking, of all things? Honestly, did you even think that through?

I define "active lurking" as posting enough so that people see your name, yet not truly contributing- basically what you said you were doing.  I suppose it's not as bad if you quit it once we pass RVS.  I can do better than hunt lurkers (major_s) day 1.

Unvote Jokerman.

Nirur, who smells scummy to you besides major?

Criptfeind, has enough discussion happened for you find something?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2010, 06:23:40 pm »

Nirur, who smells scummy to you besides major?
Rysith for lurking heavily and Org for being Org. There's also Pandarsenic (always scum), and Webadict, who is always the king of the scum. Or so I've been led to believe.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2010, 07:08:56 pm »

I'm insulted. I'm not king of the scum, I'm king of the mafia!

That said, that was a really crappy answer, since half of it was jokes and the other half were too vague to mean anything.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2010, 07:24:56 pm »

Well, I only have one strong suspect. Everybody else is just a moderate suspect.
Forgive me for not knowing the fine line between mafia and scum.

Still waiting on answers, by the way, Sepiroth.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34