Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DanceMachine, the Anus of Immortality [currently taking dwarf reservations]  (Read 1258 times)

Frumpy Playtools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good evening, community of DF.

I have recently begun an adventure into fortress creation and recounting, inspired by the likes of Boatmurdered and Bronzemurder.  As such, I have started a blog for Frumpy Playtools, expedition leader extraordinaire, to recount his tale.

I am currently accepting community applications for dwarves!  Please see LIST OF AVAILABLE DWARVES to pick yours!  First come first serve!  Individual dwarf details available upon request.

http://dwarvendancemachine.blogspot.com/ ***note, most recent post shows on top***

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT STORY, SEE (most recent story) POST:
http://dwarvendancemachine.blogspot.com/2010/05/on-life.html
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:01:27 am by Frumpy Playtools »

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
Re: DanceMachine, the Anus of Immortality
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 05:45:54 pm »

Read your Bembul the Militiadwarf and liked it : ) takes lots of dedication to document the history, or individual stories goin' on in your fort since it cuts ur playin' time, ty for sharin'.
I like sushi.

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

This is quite excellent, particularly the bit about the Elven Dance Hall.
These are the kinds of bugs that make DF the game it is.  Magma vanishing?  Oops, it's all being sucked down by hell.
This is how everything works. This, right here, is DF.

Frumpy Playtools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:21:47 am »

So far I'm pretty happy that the story seems to be progressing with relative ease....the first legendary item made even helps support the name "Dancemachine" :P  Hopefully I'll have some time this week for the next bit.
------------------
Edit:
I have some bad news.  It seems the save game for the story of Bembul Archfriends has been lost :(  My current checkpoint is shortly after Ustuth was taken by a strange mood.  With any luck, we'll see the same or similar events.  Since I'm stuck in the past anyways, I'm going to do my best to help poor Ustuth finish his item.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:10:48 am by Frumpy Playtools »

Frumpy Playtools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 08:39:12 am »

Ok, so first the bad news:  events didn't play out the same this time around, but I think the story will work out alright. 
I'm going to play it off as a recurring dream she has, since it seems that she was made Mayor in this continuity.  Her first mandate?  Make picks.  Seriously?  Those things that I've been working towards making?  you want me to make them?  goody.

Good news is Usuth finished his legendary creation.  It's a birch floodgate.  At least he is legendary now.  He shall make beds and chairs and chests and cabinets till the end of his days!
Also, my broker got his appraisal to legendary.  Happy times.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:46:24 am by Frumpy Playtools »

Frumpy Playtools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:29:42 am »

Edited original post:

I am currently accepting community applications for dwarves!  Please see LIST OF AVAILABLE DWARVES to pick yours!  First come first serve!  Individual dwarf details available upon request.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:04:33 am by Frumpy Playtools »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ill take lolor Asteshniting, nickname of "drawbridge".  ;D

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I have Fikod Atullikot, the carpenter/bowmaker/woodcutter female ( I think thats how the name is written, but its still really small on my screen even when zoomed in lol ). To be named Leesin please :)

Frumpy Playtools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fikod is now:  Leesin Fordink

Nuker:  Sadly Lolor was taken shortly after my post by a co-worker.  If you have any other dwarf in mind, let me know :)

Here's a recent development!  (May 11th)