Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: steam and pipes  (Read 1000 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
steam and pipes
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:43:51 am »

i would love to see steam or smoke used in the game.  i would also love to be able to actually lay pipe in place of aquiducts.  That way its a bit more controlled from the pump to the source.  you could set up a boiler room workshop that uses coal to make steam or smoke and generates energy or maybe some other uses.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: steam and pipes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:45:36 am »

pipes would be cool. they'd save lots of work and space, and it's silly not to let players use pipe sections as actual pipe sections.. i'd especially like it if you could run more than one through a single square, at the cost that you can't have more than 1/7 water through it at the same time.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:20:33 am »

my big problem is the pump section of aqueducts are a bit messy.  my pump op tends to get washed off the pump lol.

Zalminen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29:51 am »

Pipes would be good.

Steam is one of the more controversial topics here, i don't really have strong opinions for or against...
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:13:31 am »

For the keywords Pipes and Steam i get around 20 relevant results in our search engine. Please use search before you suggest something. In my opinion its sometimes better to nekro a older thread then spawning a dozen redundant threads.

edit: forgot a word.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:05:48 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:00:54 am »

For the keywords Pipes and Steam i get around 20 relevant results in our search engine. Please use search before you suggest something. In my opinion its sometimes to nekro a older thread then spawning a dozen redundant threads.
The most recent one is from over a year ago.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:01:23 am »

For the keywords Pipes and Steam i get around 20 relevant results in our search engine. Please use search before you suggest something. In my opinion its sometimes to nekro a older thread then spawning a dozen redundant threads.
The most recent one is from over a year ago.

Or two weeks ago.