Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hey Guys, need some help  (Read 3231 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, need some help
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:47 pm »

I am a sixteen year old going into the advanced level courses of my high school because I am especially smart. My problem is that there's this girl I like at school and I want to kill myself and I don't know how to help my friend.

Can somebody please help me? :(
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Guys, need some help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:28:11 pm »

My problem is that there's this girl I like at school and I want to kill myself and I don't know how to help my friend.

Whoa, slow down and explain what's going on. Why do you want to kill yourself? Why is liking this girl a problem? What's your friend's problem?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:54 pm »

My friend's problem is that he's really upset because somebody he knows really wants to kill himself.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 07:33:44 pm »

And miss out on college parties? "Your friend" is crazy to want to miss those!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 07:35:05 pm »

Satirical thread detected.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 07:38:08 pm »

It's the Hole of Misery.  And the misery pile down in the hole has reached critical mass.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:50 pm »

You still have not explained why you are suicidal. If you cannot explain it to yourself, explain to a doctor that you have these thoughts for undetermined reasons. Actually see the doctor. Don't try to call them ineffective, don't 'think about it'. Do it and get help. If you can attribute your suicidal thoughts to events around you, see a psychiatrist. Again, actually see them and get help.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 08:04:31 pm »

I would see a doctor, but they're really ineffective. Maybe I'll think about it, I don't know.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »

I would see a doctor, but they're really ineffective. Maybe I'll think about it, I don't know.
You still have not explained why you are suicidal. If you cannot explain it to yourself, explain to a doctor that you have these thoughts for undetermined reasons. Actually see the doctor. Don't try to call them ineffective, don't 'think about it'. Do it and get help. If you can attribute your suicidal thoughts to events around you, see a psychiatrist. Again, actually see them and get help.
Satirical thread detected.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:09:17 pm »

Suicidal thoughts that have no real meaning can often be a cry for attention. I'm no psychologist, but I've experienced thoughts like this myself, though I was a bit younger than you.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 11:29:21 am »

Well, I do not want to sound like smartass or something, but most people who actually do commit suicide seldom give hints before. There are people who just snap and kill themselves, there are people with prolonged depressions (and I mean the medical diagnosis, not the state of sadness which is incorrectly called depression) who will just lose contact with world and kill themselves, but rarely do people announce they want to kill themselves and actually do.

If you are not the case of just talker...

Down the road, not across the street.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 11:43:06 am »

There are two different types.

There's the cry for help, in which case you can save yourself a lot of time and pain by just asking for help rather than hope someone catches the signs in time. If you need help ask for it. Don't expect others to be mind readers.

And then there are the people who thought about it and are just going to do it.

Generally the cries for help aren't designed to actually kill, or its just done very inefficiently. The people who have thought it through and intend to go through with it just use a shotgun. Slightly more effective.

Sometimes suicide is a rational choice, such as if you have a debilitating, incurable illness, or are wasting away from something horrible like Alzheimers.

But you're 16. These would be situations that usually arise when you either have gray hair or no hair.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:51:46 am »

Actually it's hospital is across the road, mortuary is down the street.  Some people want to go to different places.  However I digress.

Seriously, high school can really suck, but there is a lot to look forward to.  College is pretty awesome. If you're smart, a minority (or both  :D), you can get all kinds of scholarships to reduce the cost.  Just don't go to the big fancy colleges that will leave you deep in debt.  Find a smaller cheap one.  You'll get 4 or so years of great times and maybe some direction in life.  Just make sure it's accredited so you're diploma is worth more than the paper it's printed on.

You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:16 am »

Actually it's hospital is across the road, mortuary is down the street.  Some people want to go to different places.  However I digress.
Oh? Well, you live, you learn.

Also, it's terribly inefficient way of suicide, even if you do the incision right (and trust me, arteria radialis can be pretty deep sometimes), the vasoconstriction in the region is so strong you won't die of blood loss, you will just make mess.

Bullet to brain stem is sure.

Just find a friend with gun.

And no sense for humour preferably.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 12:22:42 pm »

What's wrong?
Pages: [1] 2