Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: replacement dungeon master  (Read 1814 times)

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
replacement dungeon master
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

Right, since the dungeon master doesn't turn up anymore, I decided to find a replacement. I found this, can anyone tell me if it will work, or does anything need to be changed? (I know you need to generate a new world once you add him to the raws)

[POSITION:DUNGEON_KEEPER]
      [NAME:dungeon keeper:dungeon keeper]
      [SITE]
      [NUMBER:1]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:TAME_EXOTICS]
      [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20]
      [PRECEDENCE:175]
      [SLEEP_PRETENSION]
      [DO_NOT_CULL]
      [COLOR:5:0:0]
      [ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
      [DUTY_BOUND]
      [DEMAND_MAX:1]
      [REQUIRED_BOXES:1]
      [REQUIRED_RACKS:1]
      [REQUIRED_STANDS:1]
      [REQUIRED_OFFICE:1]

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: replacement dungeon master
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:29:16 pm »

Okay, after a few years with over twenty dwarves, this guy hasn't turned up, so obviously it ain't working. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong there?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:29:39 pm by King Doom »

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:42:36 pm »

Based on some testing with latest Kobold Camp which tries its own version of Dungeon Master; doesn't seem to work. May just be bugged or something. Not sure. :(

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:48:47 pm »

Try adding:

[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]

That way you can make whoever you want the new dungeon master.

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:54:18 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion there Masakhan, but it didn't work. I'm totally sure this is another bug with the nobles system now. Looks like I'm reduced to going through the raws and removing the exotic tag from everything. Ho hum.

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42:51 pm »

Did you regen the world after you made the change? You also might need to delete some of the other tags within the entry.

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 02:37:27 am »

Yeah, I regenned a world twice, once when I aded the tags to the home brewed version, and once when I aded them to the original version. Any idea what tags might need to go?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 06:52:37 am »

Reducing population requirement didnt work either?

Try starting from a noble type like the administrating, then slowly make it more like the dungeon master. That should let you know whats making it fail.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:39 am »

I got it to work! Not sure how though..... I'll look into my raws, I changed a couple of things, to try to get my bookkeeper to train exotics, added the tag, but he is not the one training grizzlies right now, without a world regen. My normal animal trainer is, so I must have removed the exotic tag from the grizzly. Good enough for me

*edit* Nope, grizzly raw is untouched... i'll keep looking

*edited edit* I changed only values in entity_default.txt. I added the TRAIN_EXOTICS tag to the bookkeeper (replacing the original responsibility) and I changed the Dungeon Master settings APPOINTED_BY to only expedition leader and mayor instead of duke etc.

Somehow, I dont know why, this has lead to my animal trainer now training war and hunting grizzlies.

Can anybody reproduce this?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:59:35 am by Ivar360 »

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:58:59 am »

I got it to work! Not sure how though..... I'll look into my raws, I changed a couple of things, to try to get my bookkeeper to train exotics, added the tag, but he is not the one training grizzlies right now, without a world regen. My normal animal trainer is, so I must have removed the exotic tag from the grizzly. Good enough for me

The presence of the dungeon master allows anyone to train exotics.  So by adding whatever relevant tag to the bookkeeper to allow training exotics, you made it so everyone can train exotics once you have a bookkeeper.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 09:00:13 am »

The presence of the dungeon master allows anyone to train exotics.  So by adding whatever relevant tag to the bookkeeper to allow training exotics, you made it so everyone can train exotics once you have a bookkeeper.

/Facepalm. I should have known that.....

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 10:19:37 am »

grizzly bears do not have the PET_EXOTIC tag....

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 10:55:34 am »

grizzly bears do not have the PET_EXOTIC tag....
they have mount_exotic.. figured it was the same.

Something also might have gone wrong, i now suddenly have 3 pages of tame vermin :/

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:15 pm »

[SLEEP_PRETENSION]?

I assume that that's the tag that triggers the dungeon master's... instability.  Seeing as all the other tags have been working fine, I'd say that tag is what's breaking it.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 07:43:28 pm »

I'm fairly certain the sleep pretension tag controls how upset nobles get when 'lesser' dwarves sleep in better rooms than they do.
Pages: [1] 2