Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do we do with the non Player-occupied parts of England?

Let me have them (yipee!), I assure you I will still research them for numbers.
- 4 (30.8%)
Leave them neutral and able to be claimed by invasion.
- 7 (53.8%)
Leave them neutral and give roll-based bonuses for taking them.
- 1 (7.7%)
Leave them neutral and untakeable throughout the game (blah).
- 0 (0%)
Regularly put their future actions to a vote (I'll still do research for their numbers).
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wars Of The Roses Roll To Dodge, George R.R. Martins Fans, Unite!!!  (Read 6045 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wars Of The Roses Roll To Dodge, George R.R. Martins Fans, Unite!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 03:22:47 pm »

Woot, I like my color. I'm kinda feeling lonely down here. That means all this territory is mine for the taking though, right?

Hehe

Oh, another thing. Ships. I've got three coastal territories. Do I have anything in the way of a Navy?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 03:38:47 pm »

Woot, I like my color. I'm kinda feeling lonely down here. That means all this territory is mine for the taking though, right?

Hehe

Oh, another thing. Ships. I've got three coastal territories. Do I have anything in the way of a Navy?
When I talked to him at school, It sounded like we start off with no Navy, and have to build it from scratch.

On that note: If I were to muster some troops from Calais and have them land in a neutral (unclaimed) area, is it considered a "clear" beachhead or does it HAVE to be one of my or my allies territories?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 04:12:19 pm »

I get Cumbria? Woot! That's gonna be the hardest place to attack (hills, rivers ect.)!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 04:36:26 pm »

I went ahead and colored the map to show who's where as of right now. Colors were chosen randomly for each person, so don't infer sides by them.

I love how there's a province named "Wars"

on closer examination it looks like we're clustered up at the northern part, with the exception of blue.

Thanks a lot, Warhammer, and yeah, that was intentional, there will either be more people signing up to fill them, or I will assign them to NPCs, which I will play. And I will adjust each of your starting troops to be more specific.

And "wars" is short for "Warwickshire," sorry to burst your bubble. Still the basis for the name, though :D.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:56:00 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »

I'll take Richard Plantagenet.

Also, you might want to set a limit on just important characters, if you don't want to be overwhelmed by an overabundance of administrative work.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 04:50:28 pm »

I'll take Richard Plantagenet.

Also, you might want to set a limit on just important characters, if you don't want to be overwhelmed by an overabundance of administrative work.

Sure, and I don't mind the work, we'll see how many people we get, as long as people don't have a problem with it!

P.S. Why hasn't anyone chosen Warwick the Kingmaker! He's so cool, who wouldn't want him, *argh* *rage*!!!
(Good choice though, Inteuniso :D)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 05:03:06 pm »

Out of curiosity, are we forced to go through with the York/Lancaster duality, or can we form our own sides for fun and profit?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:35 pm »

Out of curiosity, are we forced to go through with the York/Lancaster duality, or can we form our own sides for fun and profit?

You are encouraged to form your own diplomacies, my telling you which side you are on is purely for historical interest, sorry I didn't make myself clearer at the outset :).

Oh, and new players coming into the game who haven't signed up yet can start taking "non-important" characters now, if they would like (some of them are the coolest! Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, the "Kingmaker," for example!!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:15:27 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 05:33:23 pm »

Hehe

When I talked to him at school, It sounded like we start off with no Navy, and have to build it from scratch.

On that note: If I were to muster some troops from Calais and have them land in a neutral (unclaimed) area, is it considered a "clear" beachhead or does it HAVE to be one of my or my allies territories?
Can we get any word on these questions?

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 05:45:53 pm »

Hehe

Can we get any word on these questions?

As I said, there won't be any neutral territory, it will be covered either by new players, or by NPCs represented by me, but you can still land in enemy territory, just expect a higher chance of bad results, and worse results (think fudged D-Day, Omaha beach, but even worse :D). And as for the ships, you can build them, but I have also included some into your starting troops (along with handgunners) and their starting locations.

And, just an update, all of the Secret Objectives for those currently registered as playing have been sent. Good luck guys! (Note, this does not mean that the game is starting now, but does mean that it won't be too long now :D)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:58:42 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 06:12:35 pm »

I have updated the map.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:11 pm »

First move!

I move forces to take Hampshire.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:15 pm »

I have updated the map.

Thanks! (What system did you end up using by the way, ms paint?)
And now we're just going to wait another day or so to see if anyone else wants to join, and we can probably start this up tomorrow evening, if that's good for everyone (unless Friday would be better). And if anyone has any questions about the rules, now would be a good time :).
First move!

I move forces to take Hampshire.

Oh, could you just wait another day, inteuniso? I promise we can all start up tomorrow :).

Oh, and guys, expect me to sometimes make updates to earlier parts of the thread (like what I'm doing now) so try to check up on it every once in a while.

And I'm going to add a poll of what to do with all the unoccupied parts of England when we start (if there still are any by then).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:57:58 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 06:48:59 pm »

I'm using Paint.net. basically a free Photoshop. paint seemed to only want to draw brown on the map ::)

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 06:54:43 pm »

Oh, and to clarify, if you guys decide to give the neutral territories to me, I will split them among the remaining lords and have them make decisions based on their character's traits. But they can't win ::). Same with if you guys vote on their future actions but, you know, you're voting on it (I suppose this can represent the influence of the House of Lords, or Parliament on any factions that would normally be indifferent in this conflict?).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:56:19 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4