Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, what do we do with the non Player-occupied parts of England?

Let me have them (yipee!), I assure you I will still research them for numbers.
- 4 (30.8%)
Leave them neutral and able to be claimed by invasion.
- 7 (53.8%)
Leave them neutral and give roll-based bonuses for taking them.
- 1 (7.7%)
Leave them neutral and untakeable throughout the game (blah).
- 0 (0%)
Regularly put their future actions to a vote (I'll still do research for their numbers).
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wars Of The Roses Roll To Dodge, George R.R. Martins Fans, Unite!!!  (Read 6046 times)

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile

It's not fantasy Wars of the Roses, but alternate reality, so sorry if I disappointed anyone. So, I think I'm going to try to run this a little differently from the norm, and anyone tell me if that's against some unspoken rule of forums, but, lacking such a complaint, I shall continue anyways :D. So, the way I'm going to do this is with a list of factions that participated in the real wars, and play it a little like risk but with the actual "roll to dodge" rules elements instead of risk's rolling for number of kills. I'm sure I can figure out how to do a map like that, but for now, I'll just stick to posting the options for factions, and remember, the point of this games is to make, and maybe later break, alliances, so a little like the old "diplomacy" if anyone's ever played it. Feel free to express interest to sign up below, because obviously I need some interest before I can start play, and I might need a lot of players for this one. Hope you guys will enjoy!!! :D

P.S., this a decent map for this purpose (first one)?

http://www.itraveluk.co.uk/maps/england/

P.P.S.; I've also added here a list of the actual people and their brief histories, does everyone approve of using at least these basic people? (Also, how do you put a picture on a thread, in spoiler form or something, anything but a hyperlink, because I can foresee that that will quickly get annoying for everyone involved, forgive my ignorance, I'm super new to this :-[.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:58:10 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take William Hebert :)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, here is the comprehensive list of the major characters whose spots must be filled (along with some interesting spouses and such who are still important :D).

And some not-so-important guys;

Enjoy, and choose from the "more important" list first, please!

Oh, and sure Paranatural!

So, here's the list of the people(/person) signed up so far;

Also, here's how the characters will work. You guys tell me who you want, and I'll do a little research and tell you a brief background, what territories on the map you start with and how many men at arms/riders/bows are in your territory that can be mustered for war. I suppose I'll start with Paranatural. :P

P.S. I suggest someone take Warwick the Kingmaker, he's one craaaaazzzzzzzzyyy badass!!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:53:51 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so Paranatural;

And Frelock;

And Warhammer651;

And ExKirby;

And Flintus10;

And inteuniso;

Any questions?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:06:23 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

I'll take Richard Crookback; I loved his character in the Black Arrow.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take Richard Crookback; I loved his character in the Black Arrow.

Sure, I'll do the character research this afternoon after school. Good choice :D! BTW guys, your character research will all be in the same post as what is currently only Paranatural.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:18:51 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Didn't read properly Frelock already took him my bad  :D thanks for pointing that out.

I shall instead take Henry V as he is probably the one I know the most about.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:50:20 am by Flintus10 »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frelock took Richard III

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

Give me Edward V
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Wars Of The Roses Roll To Dodge, George R.R. Martins Fans, Unite!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 01:39:29 pm »

I'll take the 6th Henry.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:57:50 pm »

Give me Edward V
Sure,

I'll take the 6th Henry.
sure,

Edit: Didn't read properly Frelock already took him my bad  :D thanks for pointing that out.

I shall instead take Henry V as he is probably the one I know the most about.

and sure, I'll have the research done shortly :D.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:00:32 pm by Char13magne »
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 02:46:08 pm »

Questions:

1: What actions can we take? Like, do we start off fighting and just throwing armies at each other? Or can we try to muster support from local nobles, recruit more soldiers, train, build defenses, etc?

2: Are we posing what we are doing in the thread? Won't that let the other side kinda know what we are doing? I'd imagine the thread would get quiet with everyone talking in messages.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 02:56:07 pm »

Questions:

1: What actions can we take? Like, do we start off fighting and just throwing armies at each other? Or can we try to muster support from local nobles, recruit more soldiers, train, build defenses, etc?

2: Are we posing what we are doing in the thread? Won't that let the other side kinda know what we are doing? I'd imagine the thread would get quiet with everyone talking in messages.

Okay, for the first part, the latter is more spot on. But really, you can even invent some actions your characters can take, as long as they are reasonable.

For the second part, I will be issuing objectives which your characters will try to complete via personal messages. After that, you will try to initiate diplomacy openly on this thread, in order to gain allies, and basically gang up on one another in the attempt to gain territory. When taking an action, it is your choice as whether or not to PM me your moves (sometimes it will be useful not to), if you have, indeed, PMed me your moves, then I will report them to the masses after everyone has moved anyway, along with the effects/consequences associated with the moves. Terms will take place in the time span of a week per turn, with an army being able to move across one territory at a time, (and yes, you can split up your armies if you so wish). I will try to post pictures of how the map has changed over time with the help of Warhammer651. Does that about cover it?
               Voltaire

Charlemagne

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:41 pm »

I went ahead and colored the map to show who's where as of right now. Colors were chosen randomly for each person, so don't infer sides by them.

I love how there's a province named "Wars"

on closer examination it looks like we're clustered up at the northern part, with the exception of blue.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:26:26 pm by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4