Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: The Humble Indie Bundle  (Read 17081 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Humble Indie Bundle
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2010, 08:22:28 pm »

I'm only going to pitch a small amount of cash at them.  But I will justify that by saying "I might, in fact, not EVER play these games.  I buy more games than I have time for these days."

I think someone said you could register at least some of these games into Steam.  How universal is that?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2010, 09:46:39 pm »

I'm only going to pitch a small amount of cash at them.  But I will justify that by saying "I might, in fact, not EVER play these games.  I buy more games than I have time for these days."

I think someone said you could register at least some of these games into Steam.  How universal is that?
I think they said you could register the ones from the last bundle onto steam, so I don't think you can, yet, at least.  It took, I dunno, like half a year or more before the email came saying we could register the old ones.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:35 pm »

Google checkout was a pleasant experience. Much smoother payment process than paypal, who has had years to try and get things right.
I've never used it... But... In Paypal, I just put in my password, click a button, look over the form to see if everything is alright, click another button... it's done... 1 password, 2 clicks.

I'm thinking that, if the opportunity to use a feature which rivals Paypal presents itself, I will take it just so that I am not supporting that asshole libertarian owner. That was always my biggest issue with Paypal, knowing that I was helping support that guy.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2010, 10:49:30 pm »

(I figured I may as well put this here, because Braid is in the pack)

Dear god, Braid is an amazing analogy. I youtubed the ending's explanation... and....
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2010, 11:21:32 pm »

(I figured I may as well put this here, because Braid is in the pack)

Dear god, Braid is an amazing analogy. I youtubed the ending's explanation... and....
So going to have to look that up too once I finish it...heard it was great from a friend.

Also, so far I've played Revenge of the Titans.  SERIOUSLY awesome, easily the best TD I've ever played, love the way money keeps carrying over from round to round, it means you can really get stuck in the campaign, but at the same time, you can't really, since if you're in that bad of shape, you can just keep selecting "New Map" until it gets easy enough for you (I assume, it says it's easier after doing it!)

I'm already doomed after only getting to the first boss  :-\
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:25:22 pm by Kitsunin »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2010, 12:05:45 am »

The last one had Penumbra, which sold me on it.

The new ones... hmmm... Not sure if any of them are worth it. I've always found Cortex Commander a bit bland, Braid just didn't seem interesting...

What is this Revenge of the Titans game though... ah. Tower defense. Bleh.

Osmos seems pretty, but I'm pretty sure I've played something incredible similiar before, looks like it would get boring quick...

Machinarium is just frustrating...

Eh, nothing really here for me this time. Maybe next time around. ^_^

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2010, 12:31:44 am »

o.O

Meh. Your loss. You have no clue what it is your missing.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2010, 12:43:03 am »

o.O

Meh. Your loss. You have no clue what it is your missing.
Yeah, I love it, and I really, really, hate Tower Defense games.  Really.
Braid is also really good, if you like Platformers, you might find the plot pretentious, if you're that guy.  Osmos is kind of meh if you ask me, but still fun if you want some zen, I guess.  Machinarium, I haven't tried, I've heard people that don't like point-n-clicks liked it.  Finally, I don't see how you don't like Cortex Command, your loss, though.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2010, 12:48:46 am »

i got this, even though i had over half the games anyway.

Dont forget, this is about raising money for charity, not serving our own desires. Its festivus ya know? Give some love to those who cant even afford a computer monitor to read a forum. Even a dollar or two goes a long way.

If that cant motivate you, then you better just go back and finish your plans to steal Christmas, Grinch!
I got nothing

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58:04 am »

Yeah. I'd say RotT is better described as a stationary RTS. As for Braid's plot... just play it. I've seen a let's play, which left no doubt in my mind how big of a difference an impact there is on you.

*Jumps on chandelier*

*A-bomb*

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:47 am »

I keep failing at RotT, I think because I'm underestimating the usefulness of blockades (Or whatever they're called) I mean, I can place 75 concrete blockades for the price of just one heavy turret, yet I rarely use them  :-\

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2010, 02:42:21 am »

Yeah. I'd say RotT is better described as a stationary RTS. As for Braid's plot... just play it.

yeah kinda like that with a bit of Diner Dash thrown in and cool style. I like it.

I kinda got stuck because i didnt make enough money to keep getting enough upgrades to beat he bastards. I can fix that, ill try again.
I got nothing

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2010, 04:49:55 am »

As a tip, I didn't notice this the first time around, but if you refine all the crystals on the map you get a $500 bonus at the end, don't be stingy with the refineries!  Also, remember that barricades are WAY cheaper than turrets, don't be stingy with them either.

EDIT: Oh, you only get the bonus if you mine them all before that bar runs out, still, something worth considering, since you could affort two extra refineries with the bonus alone.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:33:18 am by Kitsunin »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2010, 05:00:50 am »

Eh, nothing really here for me this time. Maybe next time around. ^_^

Osmos is a great little physics puzzle game, and I think I've developed a more intuitive sense for how natural laws work, just from playing this game (especially the Orbital levels. All I can say there is "Damn").

Also, I've passed up Braid for years now for similar reasons of it looking bland, but I'm extremely glad that I finally got around to playing it. There are reasons it's gotten such rave reviews. as Indie Game History goes, this is easily on par with Cave Story and Spelunky, and in most ways surpasses them. My full review is over on the Happy Thread... but for the lazy:

P.S. Still plodding through Titans. it's a rather exciting take on the Tower Defense model. The mooks that come in waves are intelligent, and will deviate from their path if they don't like the cluster of turrets you're building. It's been pretty difficult so far, and I've been beating levels by the skin of my teeth several times now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:05:32 am by Solifuge »

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2010, 05:34:34 am »

P.S. Still plodding through Titans. it's a rather exciting take on the Tower Defense model. The mooks that come in waves are intelligent, and will deviate from their path if they don't like the cluster of turrets you're building. It's been pretty difficult so far, and I've been beating levels by the skin of my teeth several times now.
Don't feel bad if you have to do the new level option, I just gave up and decided to, the "Silver" award for that says "Awarded for beating a level on high difficulty" so I think they actually expect you to get driven to it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21