Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: The Humble Indie Bundle  (Read 17052 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: The Humble Indie Bundle
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:37 pm »

[Penumbra is] Best played with a group of friends, so that everyone freaks out whenever something chases you down.

Over at GitP we are going to do a video Let's Play of the game only with people who have not played it before, very much like Spoiler Warning over at Twentysided.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2010, 03:44:54 pm »

I'm rather tempted to play it and record it on my own, not to sure though.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2010, 03:49:20 pm »

Now I kinda wanna try it, just because I know it's going to scare me into a coma.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2010, 04:23:58 pm »

I played the way earlier preview. A friend of mine said he was scared by it more than any other. I'm definitely playing it in the dark with the sound up.

I think playing it with a friend or two around may be ideal though.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2010, 04:28:52 pm »

Interestingly enough, the average contribution has gone up since the bundle breached the million dollar mark.

As a note to anyone thinking of downloading it, would it be appropriate to ask if you could donate an extra cent or something and pass me the download link? I don't really have the means to pay for it here.
Same goes for me. But I'm having trouble legitimizing this in my mind as not being piracy, and I really don't want to pirate these games.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2010, 04:32:29 pm »

Quickly, donate another million to see what they'll do.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 04:46:52 pm »

Just finished Black Plague, cool ending.

Spoiler: Seriously, spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:49:50 pm by alfie275 »
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2010, 06:55:52 am »

I bought this, I gave $30 split as 20 ton the developers and 5 to each charity, I was going to give it all to the developers since if I wanted to give to charity I'd give to charity not buy a game, but then I decided that it's more the developers who are donating the money that would otherwise go to them to charity so I gave the charities a little.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2010, 07:13:37 am »

I bought this, I gave $30 split as 20 ton the developers and 5 to each charity, I was going to give it all to the developers since if I wanted to give to charity I'd give to charity not buy a game, but then I decided that it's more the developers who are donating the money that would otherwise go to them to charity so I gave the charities a little.

They also probably wouldn't even be doing this if it weren't for the whole charity part of it.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2010, 07:20:55 am »

The interesting thing is if I they hadn't required you pay a minimum of $0.01 I would have just grabbed it for free and wouldn't of had any qualms, the fact that you have to pay, even that tiny bit meant I would have felt bad if I paid too little for it as I would of felt like I was undervaluing their work and essentially conning/taking advantage of them. The real kicker though is that I pirate other stuff and was considering pirating Penumbra, so in essence they guilt tripped me into buying by giving me the choice of what to pay. Wierd.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2010, 02:59:12 am »

Edit: Oh god, Penumbra. Play it as suggested, with lights off and the door close, no source of illumination except the computer screen. You will freak out.

No kidding bro. I couldn't stop shaking for a couple hours  :-[
I have a friend that had hearth attack playing Penumbra ... I am scared even to install it.
Hint: Penumbra is not scary when you -fight- the monsters instead. The points where you are forced to crouch and hide are the scariest, but if you learn to swing your weapon, monsters aren't all that scary anymore. There are other spooky moments, but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2010, 05:10:40 am »

A question, if I am to donate, how are the games sent to contributors? Is it a download or a torrent? I am unable to use torrents as they are blocked by the university net connection.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2010, 05:12:57 am »

You get an email with links for direct downloads of the installers/zips from their website. No torrents.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2010, 05:49:11 am »

Sweet, games and mods that are sold/downloaded as legitimate torrents are kind of annoying. I can see why they do it, i.e. to save on bandwidth and i suppose that makes sense. However it frustrates me when there are awesome things that I can't access.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2010, 01:54:33 pm »

Torrents are faster than direct downloads for me... But normally, people who distribute things via torrent also maintain seedboxes, which work as direct downloads during the torrenting.

Of course, it sucks if you're blocked off torrents... Which is pretty annoying if you ask me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21