Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Whirlrelic - The Pillars of Equality! [Community, returns soon]  (Read 8948 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Whirlrelic - The Pillars of Equality! [Community]
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2010, 10:39:03 am »

This fort is collapsing into a swirling, nebulous void of infidelity and sexual chaos D:

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2010, 10:39:47 am »

This fort is collapsing into a swirling, nebulous void of infidelity and sexual chaos D:
It's called EQUALITY :D

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »

It's called EQUALITY :D
Bootycalls for everyone!
...Eh?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2010, 02:12:49 pm »

Played through Winter, but enough happened to merit its own update. Starting to forge ~60 nickel pipe sections, and will have to get my hands on some more iron for corkscrews, and then the magma pump stack will ready to be built. It's 38 Z-levels from the magma to where it's useful for workshops, and a further 13 to the surface. The magma pillar will probably pump magma up its centre, and then trickle magma down its sides to Z-2. I think I'm going to pass on the magma-cannon, as its central philosophy isn't so much 'launch magma far' - which may be impossible - as it is 'flood the world with magma'. I will, however, have a 'flood the world with magma' lever, which will disable the magma tower's safety features (regarding falling magma being recycled). :D

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2010, 02:28:44 pm »

You know that pumps only need to be magma-safe if they're going to be submerged, right?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »

You know that pumps only need to be magma-safe if they're going to be submerged, right?

Also, there is now a frickin' lot of magma-safe stones (thank god, bauxite is too beautifully red to be used only for mechanisms).
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2010, 03:44:57 pm »

Huh, I guess I missed that about submerging. Guess we'll be using copper for the corkscrews! This means magma much sooner, and plenty of experience for Andreus.
Though we'll still need iron for the pumps in the actual tower. I have a vague plan that I'll probably sketch out on paper some time regarding the magma pillar's don't-flood-the-world mode.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:59:15 pm by Samthere »

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2010, 05:15:59 pm »

What is my dwarf doing?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »

He was helping to dig for a while, but apart from a few weapon/armour orders early on and the occasional extra pick, not much beyond hauling.
But that'll change massively; Cilob will make an extra anvil and then craft 60 nickel pipe sections while Andreus forges 60 copper corkscrews. Hope you're not claustrophobic - you're working at about Z-50 in a little space with enough room carved out for a few workshops and an ore stockpile. :D
If the furnace operator can keep up, I'll have him mix up some steel for you to play with while the pumps are set up.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2010, 06:12:09 pm »

You're not allowed to make me build a pump stack. I'm already going utterly spare trying to build a 130 z-level one in my own fortress. :(

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2010, 06:26:44 pm »

It's alright, you're just making trap parts that'll be used in a pump stack. Then you'll be making junk weaponry and armour to trade off until you reach maybe +7 or 8 in each, by which time I should have a decent steel stockpile up and you can start making reserves for the future military :D

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »

It's alright, you're just making trap parts that'll be used in a pump stack. Then you'll be making junk weaponry and armour to melt down once 31.04 comes out until you reach maybe +7 or 8 in each, by which time I should have a decent steel stockpile up and you can start making reserves for the future military :D

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Whirlrelic - The Pillars of Equality! [Community, many available]
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 03:41:08 pm »

New year! Spring 1116.

1 Granite
Golly gosh, to think we've been here a year already. Apart from running out of booze last year, it's all gone pretty smoothly. There was plenty of food and booze to take us through the Winter, and work on the magma stack continues (though there are plenty of problems regarding the efficiency of keeping stockpiles and workers that far from the fortress proper). The sooner it's done, the better. Regardless, now's a time for celebration!

22 Granite
Oglokoog spotted unicorns while he was out cutting trees, and we all stopped working briefly to get a good look.

They're magnificent to look at. Just thinking of the things that could be made from such fine bones, and how much the humans would pay for them... it takes all I've got not to grab Carl's sword and slaughter them wildly! If only we can capture one or two, but our traps are few and far between. I've sent Zon to set up a few more immediately.

27 Granite
Zon finally finished setting up the extra cage traps, but the unicorns noticed and fled. A shame, to be sure, but nothing that can't be fixed next year!

10 Slate
Biff's been more and more involved in his work lately, avoiding talking any more than is necessary. It's led to some mighty fine craftswork. I might have him make everything out of gold; we've got plenty of it.

Still, I worry for his heart. Rumours have been going around.
Spoiler: Rumours? What rumours? (click to show/hide)

15 Slate
A veritable army of dwarves marched over the hills from the West, all eager to be a part of our noble endeavour! Twenty new dwarves, twenty new people to argue with, and twenty more mouths to feed! It'll take me a while to learn all of their names, but I'm excited nonetheless. We nearly outnumber the mountainhome - I never thought my ideals would catch on so quickly!
In less joyful news, one of the newcomers brought a kitten that they won't allow to be slaughtered. I'll have to come up with a solution. Yes... An idea comes to mind - I'll have to consult Andreus.

21 Slate
Lorbam Roderlorbam (we all call her Lorbamlorbam), who joined us last Autumn, ran around the halls screaming, "I'M A GHOST! OooOOoOOOoOoooOOoOO!" She went so far as to go to the stockpile, but had to settle for rattling a silk rope, as we're fresh out of chains right now.

Eventually she ran into the craft workshop and wouldn't come out until we cut some gems for her.

28 Slate
Lorbamlorbam decided she wasn't actually a ghost anymore, and spent a few hours chipping away at some chalk. Imagine my surprise when she emerged with a genuinely pleasant mug!

14 Felsite
Elves on the horizon.

Hope they're not here to tell us how precious trees are.

19 Felsite
These elves aren't too bad, for elves. We had a genuinely interesting discussion of the nature of wealth, and the value of various goods. Plus, it definitely doesn't hurt that they know more about what we'd want than expected.

We bought four of 'em.

Newcomers: (see the first post for their details)
DanceWWerewolves, Brewer
The Silver Hammer, Hammerdwarf
Britface, Animal Caretaker
17 still to be claimed

Current State of the Fort:
Visually, much the same as last time, just a bit more complete (i.e. smoothing, furnishing, etc.)
Spoiler: Status Screen (click to show/hide)

Goals:
Spoiler: Immediate Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Long-Term Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Experience Gains (click to show/hide)

Finally:
I redid all the thoughts-screen screenshots - thought they were still too big - so they should be much easier to read now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:07:00 pm by Samthere »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 04:08:20 pm »

What the hell...

The bowyer and my dwarf are the only worshippers of Bothon in the fort.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »

Kěrar, God of żForgiveness?
18 followers (+9, rank +1)

Ingish Embraceglimmered, God of Love
14 followers (+3, rank -1)

Rithzâm, God of ΩFortressesΩ
9 followers (+3)

Tun the Gloved Key of Arches, Goddess of δCraftsµ
6 followers (+1)

Âtrid Squeezedsieged, Goddess of ˛Death˛ and τRebirthτ
Also the Goddess of boundaries and war.
5 followers (=, rank -1)

Bothon, God of Mountains and Caverns
5 followers (+3, rank +1)

Limul Paintcrystal, Goddess of Stuff
Stuff being jewels, minerals and metals (and wealth).
1 follower (=)

It is told that Limul and Bothon totally got in on, and that's why most of Limul's stuff is found in Bothon's stuff.

Original message (included worshippers count):
The bowyer and my dwarf are the only worshippers of Bothon in the fort.
Limul Paintcrystal only has one worshipper, and they only arrived in this last wave :D
But yeah, it seems Bothon is one of the minor deities.

Also, looking back, both of the dwarves in whose rooms we found Zon 'sleeping' are also worshippers of Ingish.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:37:56 pm by Samthere »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9