Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: whats wrong with this reaction  (Read 737 times)

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
whats wrong with this reaction
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:10:08 am »

[REACTION:FREE_WOOD]
[NAME:create wood]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:PINE:WOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

it doesn't show up in my smelter menu. I generated a new world and everything but it's not there so obviously I did something wrong.
"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: whats wrong with this reaction
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:14:05 am »

Did you add the entity entry under mountain/dwarf? Look for a file named entity_default and add... [PERMITTED_REACTION:FREE_WOOD]
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55259.0
I made this topic for a reason, obviously it's going to waste.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:09 am »

Thanks, I'll try that but you don't have to be so nasty about it.
"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 04:19:51 am »

Modders are always starved for attention. Its why we do what we do, were just egotistical maniacs without the charisma to start out own church. Makes sense we get annoyed when ignored.  :P

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 04:21:44 am »

I'd like to apologize Reploid, but I have spent a considerable amount of time on it. The site encourages searching for topics before you post a new one, so you don't get duplicates.

I think I'll just go to bed now, hopefully tomorrow will be a good day and I'll be nice to everyone again.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ReploidGodX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 04:25:20 am »

it's alright, no real harm done. Just saying it could have been put in a nicer way.

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:08 am »

I don't think you need the [PRODUCT_DIMENSIONS:150] attached to it. It will probably still work with the tag, but it will generate an error in the errorlog file.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 01:46:33 pm »

You don't need it, I haven't had it gen something in the errorlog with out it. As far as I can tell thread is the only one that really uses it. I could be wrong though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:48 pm »

You don't need it, I haven't had it gen something in the errorlog with out it. As far as I can tell thread is the only one that really uses it. I could be wrong though.
Bars need it too. Every bar is 150 "units".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 02:36:14 pm »

If you don't mind my asking, why is it bars need it? I understand thread.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 02:37:59 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:LIGNITE_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from lignite]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:LIGNITE]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

I guessed it from the default reactions. Probably because wafers are bars too, and they can be woven into thread, and this is here to keep them of the same "size".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository