Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: The Choice  (Read 11538 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Choice
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:34 pm »

Cheered by your good manners, the creature pours you a drink. You engage him in some conversation.

"Tea," he says "Is a wonderful substance. It keeps the body strong and healthy. It will restore strength and constitution, and rightly so. So breathe deep of its fumes, and surely you shall soar.
[smalltalk]
Did you see the warning I placed on the bottle outside? I do hope so.
[smalltalk]
Feel free to take one of my biscuits, but please do not eat it while you are still in my home, as I don't believe you would fit.
[smalltalk]
It has been a pleasure talking to you. Please, take this hunk of meat as thanks when you leave - it has been too long since I've had a decent conversation. I'm sure it will come in handy."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:14 pm »

Suddenly realise that a proper gentleman would never wear a top hat within his own home, excepting extreme circumstances.

Ask the mouse about the state of his polo horse and recent cricket occurences to ascertain whether he is a proper gentleman, or merely an imposter.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 01:30:46 pm »

The area where you are sitting is clearly a tea garden. Though inside the rats home, it is outside of his "house" which sits towards the back of the cavity. So perhaps the hat is in fact appropriate.

Also, he tells you he is out of tea, and that it is time for you to go. He then bids you farewell, and retires inside.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »

Knock at the door of his house. When he opens it,say the following:

"My good gentleman, I do not wish to incturde on your time any further, but there is a matter about which I feel rather strongly. I must say that your acquaintaince has been a fortunate one for me, and I would be most gracious if you would bless me with your presence on a further date. it is in this spirit that I must therefore make two enquiries about your good self.

Firstly, I would wish to introduce myself to you, and yourself to me. I do feel that we could have a most successful friendship, and this would be an important step towards that.

Secondly, I must ask you to join me for tea at my abode. I happen to have a vast repository of the finest teas from the furhtest corners of the world (my second cousin, after all, is none other than the great tea merchant Reginald "Longtooth" Worthington III), and I could not possibly enjoy them without your presence (and that of your family, if you are so fortunate to have one) brightening my day. After all, I have already intruded on your time (and tea stores) enough today, and I would wish to return the favour."

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

"My good gentleman, I do not wish to incturde on your time any further, but there is a matter about which I feel rather strongly. I must say that your acquaintaince has been a fortunate one for me, and I would be most gracious if you would bless me with your presence on a further date. it is in this spirit that I must therefore make two enquiries about your good self.

Firstly, I would wish to introduce myself to you, and yourself to me. I do feel that we could have a most successful friendship, and this would be an important step towards that.

Secondly, I must ask you to join me for tea at my abode. I happen to have a vast repository of the finest teas from the furhtest corners of the world (my second cousin, after all, is none other than the great tea merchant Reginald "Longtooth" Worthington III), and I could not possibly enjoy them without your presence (and that of your family, if you are so fortunate to have one) brightening my day. After all, I have already intruded on your time (and tea stores) enough today, and I would wish to return the favour."
This.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »

This.
this.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 02:29:22 pm »

This.
this.
Thos.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 02:53:45 pm »

You knock on his door and say your piece. He is deeply touched, and you exchange addresses so that a proper invitation can be sent in due time.

He wishes you good luck on your journey.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:06 pm »

Go back through the mousehole with a tear in your eye at having to go without such a dear friend.

Go back, liquiefy the paper that says "drink me" (storing it in the empty teacups), and drink it.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »

Hang his jacket and hat back up, heft the hunk of meat over one shoulder, grab a biscuit, and walk out of the hole.

Edit:
Hang his jacket and hat back up, heft the hunk of meat over one shoulder, grab a biscuit
"Go back through the mousehole with a tear in your eye at having to go without such a dear friend.
Go back, liquiefy the paper that says "drink me" (storing it in the empty teacups), and drink it."

Further edit:
If we don't have a way of liquifying the paper yet, go back in and boil the paper in a teapot, pour the result into a teacup, go back out and drink the tea.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:05:58 pm by Samthere »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 04:06:34 pm »

EDIT:
Oh, and you did this:
Hang his jacket and hat back up, heft the hunk of meat over one shoulder, grab a biscuit
Go back through the mousehole with a tear in your eye at having to go without such a dear friend.

As you tear the paper off to bring it back and boil it, you realize its folded up. Unfolding it, you realize there are more words.

DRINK
THIS
-----------   <- Fold
AND YOU
WILL DIE
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:41:51 pm by GlyphGryph »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 04:10:58 pm »

Hmm.
That doesn't sound very appetizing.
Forget the paper, then.
Take the bottle with you in case you get thirsty. Eat biscuit.
Long Live United Forenia!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:29 pm »

You arms suddenly shoot out, and then your legs. Your head starts feeling very swollen as your body sort of bulges and spreads.

A short while later you are again at your regular size.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 04:24:34 pm »

Naked time!
*dances with Dumbledore*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 04:42:14 pm »

You are not naked. Also I added an action i forgot to add to the one a few posts up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12