Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help!  (Read 916 times)

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
Need help!
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:18:05 am »

No matter what my dwarves will not dig underground! [yes i do have stairs] and what button do i use to attack somthing?Also how do i make a dwarf pick somthing up?
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:27:52 am »

No matter what my dwarves will not dig underground! [yes i do have stairs] and what button do i use to attack somthing?Also how do i make a dwarf pick somthing up?

I'm sure the fish cleaner can help you out.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:30:31 am »

Try saving and reloading. Make sure you miners have mining enabled (immigrant miners may be called 'miner' but not have the labor turned on). Remove and re-designate. Make sure they aren't assigned to a burrow. Make sure they aren't on break/ doing something else like a workshop task, eating, drinking, etc. Make sure they aren't wounded or asleep. Try setting random dwarves to mining to see if just your current miners are messed up. Have them do another job (like building something) to 'kickstart' their path finding.

(s), pick a squad, (l), select a creature

You can't, designate a stockpile for the item or mark it to be dumped and designate a dump zone with (i), (enter), (g), (esc) or something like that. If you want a military dwarf to pickup equipment, get an arsenal dwarf (if you have over 20 dwarves), give him/her an office, go to the (m)ilitary screen and go to (e)quip, then you can set individual equipment from there. Don't use uniforms, they're bugged, apparently dwarves refuse to ever take them off (even more so than dwarves refusing to drop weapons- don't make training weapons!).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:34:11 am by Rotten »
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:38:16 am »

How do i use labor?

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:56 am »

How do i use labor?
[v]iew a dwarf's [p]references regarding [l]abor.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 02:43:57 am »

You may have stairs going down underground, but do those stairs connect to up or up/down stairs on the lower level?
くコ:彡

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29:51 am »

If you are playing .31 you can just designate a channel ( d > h ), which will create a ramp between the ground level and the level below to get you started.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 03:57:05 am »

I know what to do now.Anyway this game is awesome!And losing is still fun.