Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knife User  (Read 1562 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Knife User
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 02:18:16 am »

Ah, thanks for the extra clarification... daggerman, dagger_man, daggeruser, dagger_user, etc...

bout all i could think of then.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 02:30:09 am »

The problem is, nothing works as it's been told...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:45 am »

Try THIEF. (only thing is vanilla that use knives)

Yeah, definitely try this.  There are hardcoded links between thieves and knife usage.

Ah, here's some confirmation:

After a more in-depth look, I can confirm the profession tied to knife use is [THIEF] and [MASTER_THIEF]. However, these are hardcoded and cannot be obtained in adventure mode (you'll note that in adventure mode you do not even spawn with a knife). I will do a quick test in fortress mode, but I suspect it is similarly impossible. The Thief profession is usually only given out to baby/item snatchers.

That was from 40d, but it's probably still true.  So yeah, it's probably not going to work, even if you use the THIEF/MASTER_THIEF tokens.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:35:16 am by Footkerchief »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 02:32:54 am »

We could always try the Japanese adjective method. That is to say start using things like USER_KNIFE

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 03:27:28 am »

knife is buggy and quite differently handled as the other weapons... try to equip a soldier in fortress mode with a dagger, the next thing you will notice is an error log and you are on your desktop
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 03:43:37 am »

knife is buggy and quite differently handled as the other weapons... try to equip a soldier in fortress, the next thing you will notice is an error log and you are on your desktop

Fix'd.
Military is so buggy its awesome. Any worse and we would be putting bags inside bottles inside bags.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:20 am »

the fix is unneccassary :p while sure military is buggy at all, knife is the only weapon that forces a crash
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 03:57:20 am »

I got a crash from trying to station my squad once, at least I was trying to station at the time...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 02:45:06 pm »

Did you try to station them near a knife? ::)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]