Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which RTD should I try?

Star Wars (set between Episodes 3 and 4)
- 2 (20%)
Gunnerkrigg Court
- 5 (50%)
Starcraft
- 1 (10%)
Dragonball
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Question on New RTD  (Read 3783 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Question on New RTD
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:23 pm »

Starcraft, however, I am willing to try. Be warned, though, that the most I know about it is that Kerrigan is a hot space zombie, the Protoss are a cross between the Elites from Halo and Samurai, and that Jim Raynor is the douchebag to end all douchebags.
Kerrigan is a barely human monster with massive psychic powers, the Protoss are... yeah that's about right, though with more focus on the samurai than the elites, and as for Raynor... he is the hero of the game, what are you talking about? Also the Zerg are basically an unstoppable tide of killer monsters that could each kill a small battalion of modern troops.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 11:34:14 pm »

Kerrigan is a barely human monster with massive psychic powers, the Protoss are... yeah that's about right, though with more focus on the samurai than the elites, and as for Raynor... he is the hero of the game, what are you talking about? Also the Zerg are basically an unstoppable tide of killer monsters that could each kill a small battalion of modern troops.
[/quote]

for more info go here http://www.google.se/url?q=http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_storyline&ei=WKPfS5WpFJakOPeC3aoI&sa=X&oi=smap&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=4&ved=0CA8QqwMoAzAA&usg=AFQjCNGATi-Ml1Y5jAXEXgLoGuy-_XhUng
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 11:35:43 pm »

Yes, do a GKC one. The awesome will be inspiring.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 11:38:18 pm »

you should do a new Spores (video game) RTD. I really like the prospect of evolutionary RTD, but I'd want to be part of another one. whether it starts in the water of on land is up to you.
What do you think? Yes? No?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 11:39:55 pm »

i change vote to this
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 11:40:26 pm »

i change vote to this
I am so going to be Boxbot. THE TERRIBLE WILL RULE ALL
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 05:39:37 pm »

All right, after some voting I've decided to narrow this whole thing down a bit.

I now have 4 options.

The Star Wars one. Still my favorite choice because I know the most about it.

Dragonball. The only other original choice still in the running.

Starcraft. I'm willing to try it, I suppose, but it'd be a lot of work. Also, I don't care what you say, I've seen some clips, and Jim Raynor is a massive douche.

Gunnerkrigg Court. what is this i dont even... I honestly have no idea what this one is. But apparently it's popular, so fuck it, it's up on the poll. I guess I'd better do some reading...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 06:46:26 pm »

Play the game before judging Jim.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 06:48:52 pm »

Play the game before judging Jim.

I tried. It kinda sucked. I got through the third mission before I realized two things:

1. My time was better spent on other games that have easily surpassed Starcraft over the last decade and a half or so.

2. Jim Raynor was what would happen to Han Solo if Chewie died and he took up smoking. And drinking. And heroin. And traded in the Millenium Falcon for crack, leaving him with a stupid speeder bike.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 06:59:36 pm »

Again, Jim is a hero, pretty much the only good human in the game. Sure he's rather cynical, and really hates his superiors, but he always does the right thing. Also that bike is awesome. You can lay down massive minefields with it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 07:15:55 pm »

Yes, he is a hero, but he is also a douche. Being the smallest douche in a galaxy of enormous douches does not make you a non-douche. It just means you've failed to live up to your environment's douchey standards.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:20 pm »

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com

That is the story of GKC. You can also find other stuff in the Word of Tom page on its wikia. It isn't nearly as developed as Star Wars et al., but it has some depth.

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:51 pm »

Fallout3?
STARCRAFT!!!! :D ;D :D ;) :) 8)

Either of these two, but preferably fallout, I always had a soft spot for 1st person shooter RPGs.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:14 pm »

I say that Fallout would be cool, always had a soft spot for first-person shooter RPGs. Oooooops, double post, I thought the first one didn't go through, because my computer bugged out for a second. Sorry guys :( :-[ :'(.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:53:13 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 08:10:30 pm »

Yes, he is a hero, but he is also a douche. Being the smallest douche in a galaxy of enormous douches does not make you a non-douche. It just means you've failed to live up to your environment's douchey standards.
...You sir, have bested me. I submit to your superior logic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3